Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex to take full time break  (Read 60371 times)
MaryNorth93
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2010, 04:07AM »

What a sad news to start this morning with..  Undecided But I wish her the very best, Alex, you've been a pleasure to watch and a phenomonal Celtic Woman...
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2010, 04:56AM »

Wish you were my mom....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 04:04PM by bot1tle » Logged
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2010, 05:43AM »

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
Breno

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2010, 06:06AM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

=[
aholinka

Axel Holinka, Webmaster 'chloe-agnew.com'

« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2010, 06:10AM »

!!! !!!

WE ALL WILL MISS YOU!

Axel

Jack

« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2010, 06:36AM »

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry 
I must have gotten something in my eyes.  They were teary all yesterday afternoon and again this morning. 

Celtic Woman will never be the same without this incredible lady.  I am crushed and will never be able to watch or listen to "You'll Be In My Heart" again without choking up. 

Godspeed, dear sweet Alex.  Take care of yourself and your family and when you're ready we'll be out here, front row center, waiting to cheer you on and to enjoy your enormous talents once more.

A fan forever,
Jack
randy4sam

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2010, 07:42AM »

They may fill in with Haley Restenra and get someone permanent to start the next tour cycle. Haley is very popular in Austrailia.
I will miss Alex. When the girls were in Fairfax on St Patricks Day I was there picking up my ticket when the
buses arrived from New York. A little later I went around to where they had sat up and Alex was on her laptop,
sitting on some steps. She and I chatted for about 15 minutes ( I couldn't believe there was no security) and she said she really missed her family because St Pat's was such a big deal in Ireland. She was really nice and allowed me to take a few photos. She kept saying how nice we 'yanks' were to her and the girls. I was disappointed when she was not at the M&G.
As with all the girls, she is down to earth and not pretentious. I wish her all the success and joy she deserves.

Alex, truly , 'You'll be in My Heart'.
The Quiet Man

« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2010, 08:24AM »

Can't argue with that, Alex was really nice the two times I met her and actually was able to talk to her.   Umm, can we see any of these pics you took?     
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2010, 09:20AM »

Please keep in mind how hard this entire experience has been for Alex.  It has no doubt, been an amazing experience for her, but Alex had to have been away from home for how long?  Several months.  It's very very hard to be away from home and family for that long of a time; she has a young son after all.  It was her decision, and as far as I'm concerned, it's a very good reason to leave: family in my opinion, should always come first.  

Alex was an amazing addition to the group, but now it's time for her to move on.  Support her for who she is and where life may take her--she'll go very far, I know she will.  Support Celtic Woman for who they are too: they were and always will be a special group of talented women.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:35AM by Kelli » Logged
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2010, 09:28AM »

Alright, let's tone things down just a notch and continue to show respect to Alex and the remaining members of the group.  We are all unhappy that Alex is leaving, but her family is deserving of her undivided attention.  We encourage you to post your thoughts and messages here, but ask that it be respectful.

Thank you.

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2010, 09:34AM »

Thanks, Kelli.

And to get back on topic, this actually opens a door for her to go solo, doesn't it?  Performance time with Celtic Woman brought a lot of positive attention to her, so I'm sure she'll go very far if she decides to do something. Smiley
MJD

« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2010, 09:37AM »

It was amazing to watch Alex at each show. She has an amazing talent and her eyes express such feeling in her performance. She will be sincerly missed. I am grateful to have had the pleasure of meeting her in Orlando last year and what a wonderful person. Thank you for giving such pleasure in each and every performance. God be with you and your family..
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:40AM by MJD » Logged
dbbii

« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2010, 09:45AM »

There was an article a couple of months ago that called CW something like the hardest working group out there today.  Think about it -- essentially living on a bus for 4 months straight.  No "home cooked meals".  No privacy.  Generally, no days off.  Extensive travel.  (It would be interesting to know how many miles the buses drive on the tour).  I can understand why you would want to spend more time (or actually ANY time) with your family based on the touring schedule. 

Like everyone, I'm sad to see Alex leave.  I became an Alex fan when I heard My Heart Was Home Again. 

MaryNorth93
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2010, 09:45AM »

I'll really miss her... But who knows what treasures she might give in the future?   Once a celtic woman, always a celtic woman
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:49AM by MaryN. » Logged
Old Guy

« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2010, 10:17AM »

I have to say that this is one of those things that you know is coming, yet it still surprises you when it happens. The CW tour schedule is absolutely brutal and doubly so for someone with a young son at home. Being gone so much is really too much to ask of a person. When you look at the situation, Mairead, Chloe and Lynn are all single, and Lisa has Scott and the children traveling with her, so it’s easier (albeit still a huge burden) for them.

I count myself among the fortunate to have been able to see Alex perform and will miss her, but I completely understand and wish her nothing but the very best in whatever she decides to do next. An old Bob Hope song comes to mind: "Thanks for the Memories."

Gary

They traveled across the angry sea in 1849
With all that they could carry
They traveled sick, they traveled blind
Their home, the starving island, just a photo in their mind
They buried the dead at sea, winter 1849

(1849 by The Elders)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: