Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex to take full time break  (Read 60549 times)
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2010, 10:25AM »

I have to say that this is one of those things that you know is coming, yet it still surprises you when it happens. The CW tour schedule is absolutely brutal and doubly so for someone with a young son at home.

As this is the second time this has come up, Alex's son traveled on tour with the show, much as Lisa's kids travel with her. Her husband on the other hand, stayed in Ireland.

aislin
Old Guy

« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2010, 10:51AM »

As this is the second time this has come up, Alex's son traveled on tour with the show, much as Lisa's kids travel with her. Her husband on the other hand, stayed in Ireland.

aislin

Thanks for the correction, Aislin. I don't remember ever seeing that before. I still think it had to be tough for her.

Gary

They traveled across the angry sea in 1849
With all that they could carry
They traveled sick, they traveled blind
Their home, the starving island, just a photo in their mind
They buried the dead at sea, winter 1849

(1849 by The Elders)
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2010, 11:10AM »

I first saw Alex at the CW Concert at RCMH in March 2008.  While she did a fantastic job (and I loved her from the first time I saw her on stage), I couldn’t see her as anything other than Lisa’s temporary replacement.  In the IOH Concert Tour, however, when she was given her own songs, she really shined.  (Giving her two Phil Collins songs – True Colors and You’ll Be In My Heart - was a stroke of genius because she owned them from the first time she sang them.)  Moreover, during the SFTH Tour, one of my favorite songs is Alex’s My Heart Was Home Again, which never failed to choke me up just a little.

And so, with another chapter of the continuing CW story coming to a close, I am saddened a bit.  But, I understand how tough this decision must have been for Alex, and respect her even more for making it.  Family, after all, takes precedence over everything else in life.  So, I want to thank her for sharing herself with us, and wish her all the best in all her future endeavors.  Lastly, on a purely selfish note, I'm praying for another opportunity to bask in her wonderful talent.  

Bob  
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:25AM by bobh56 » Logged
The Quiet Man

« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2010, 11:29AM »

I have to say that this is one of those things that you know is coming, yet it still surprises you when it happens. The CW tour schedule is absolutely brutal and doubly so for someone with a young son at home.

aislin

Ugh, that's gotta stink for both parents.  Sorry, but if I were in the husband's place (I THINK his first name is Mark but I could be wrong) I would not want to be separated from my son so long.  On the other hand, I also wouldn't want to be essentially a single parent for the majority of the year.  An arrangment like that is not sustainable in the long run, at least not to have a normal family life.

As I said, I'm sure there's a unique story behind this decision, there always is, but an arrangment like that is certainly more than enough reason to decide enough is enough.
MaryNorth93
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2010, 11:33AM »

I first saw Alex at the CW Concert at RCMH in March 2008.  While she did a fantastic job (and I loved her from the first time I saw her on stage), I couldn’t see her as anything other than Lisa’s temporary replacement.  In the IOH Concert Tour, however, when she was given her own songs, she really shined.  (Giving her two Phil Collins songs – True Colors and You’ll Be In My Heart - was a stroke of genius because she owned them from the first time she sang them.)  Moreover, during the SFTH Tour, one of my favorite songs is Alex’s My Heart Was Home Again, which never failed to choke me up just a little.

And so, with another chapter of the continuing CW story coming to a close, I am saddened a bit.  But, I understand how tough this decision must have been for Alex, and respect her even more for making it.  Family, after all, takes precedence over everything else in life.  So, I want to thank her for sharing herself with us, and wish her all the best in all her future endeavors.  Moreover, on a purely selfish note, I'm praying for another opportunity to bask in her wonderful talent.  

Bob  

A little non-important-but-just-want-to-make-correction, True Colors isn't a Phill song, it's was written by Billy Steinberg and Tom Kelly for Cindy Lauper who sang it first.
But her performances are wonderfull indeed.. Never saw the ladies live, so I didn't had big expectations for Alex singing You'll Be In My Heart when SFTH wasn't released yet... (I'm a very loyal fan of Phill Collins, and by all the covers of his songs I was like. : Phill owns it, go write your own songs) Have been put to SHAME. First the arrangement, it was very mystical and not pop at all.. and then her singing, her lively performance and strinking eyes.. she is truly awesome. Also True Colors... I always hated the song when Cindy sang it, but Alex made it lively, beautiful and was sending the message of the song with her eyes: I see your true colors shining through, and that's why I love you!'
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:37AM by MaryN. » Logged
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2010, 11:34AM »

Thank you Alex, I will miss you! You were a beautiful addition to Celtic Woman!
We will never forget you...! Kiss
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2010, 11:49AM »

Alex, we'll miss you. May God guide you in everything you do. Smiley

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2010, 12:30PM »

this news makes me incredibly sad, being that i am planning on going to their concert in Lancaster and was hoping to meet Alex... I was really looking forward to hearing her sing You'll Be In My Heart and My Heart Was Home Again and Songs From The Heart/Give Me Your Hand Sad

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided    I hate to say this, but it seems like they have no intention on finding a stand-in for Alex.  So from now on, it looks like it will just be Chloe, Lisa, Mairead and Lynn  Cry Cry  Also, the CW website stated that she left b/c she wanted to spend more time with her family, it never mentioned anything about her wanting to persue a solo career, which all of us were hoping that she would do in the future.

on the other hand, if they do plan on adding another vocalist to CW, they could add another part to Mairead's role....  Cheesy  Cheesy Cheesy  

but seriously, Alex, you will be truely missed.

Best wishes in all you do
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:38PM by CelticWomanFan425 » Logged

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
MaryNorth93
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2010, 12:40PM »

this news makes me incredibly sad, being that i am planning on going to their concert in Lancaster and was hoping to meet Alex... I was really looking forward to hearing her sing You'll Be In My Heart and My Heart Was Home Again and Songs From The Heart/Give Me Your Hand Sad

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided    I hate to say this, but it seems like they have no intention on finding a stand-in for Alex.  So from now on, it looks like it will just be Chloe, Lisa, Mairead and Lynn  Cry Cry  Also, the CW website stated that she left b/c she wanted to spend more time with her family, it never mentioned anything about her wanting to persue a solo career, which all of us were hoping that she would do in the future.

on the other hand, if they do plan on adding another vocalist to CW, they could add another part to Mairead's role....  Cheesy  Cheesy Cheesy  

but seriously, Alex, you will be truely missed.

Best wishes in all you do

Of course they will, that message on their site is just to tell the other vocalists are still there.. don't expect that they find a new vocalist in one day  Cheesy
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2010, 01:29PM »

Of course they will, that message on their site is just to tell the other vocalists are still there.. don't expect that they find a new vocalist in one day  Cheesy

I don't think, at this point, anybody knows anything about what will happen with a replacement. It could be they will just tour with four girls, or they could add someone. I don't think anyone knows for sure. People are interpreting that message on the website several different ways.

We shall see!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
MaryNorth93
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2010, 01:43PM »

I don't think, at this point, anybody knows anything about what will happen with a replacement. It could be they will just tour with four girls, or they could add someone. I don't think anyone knows for sure. People are interpreting that message on the website several different ways.

We shall see!

Fair points. Well, we shall see.. I hope they'll find a new lady.
The Quiet Man

« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2010, 01:55PM »

A lot depends on what went on behind the scenes, which we don't know the specifics of.  However, once they knew, I'm sure their staff were immediately on the phone to Steve Abbott, to Brian Lane (UK/Ireland management types), and similar people to see who they could find.  Whether they add a new fifth lady or not, though, you don't get a lady chosen, negotiate her compensation package, sign her, measure her for her costume, teach her the music and the choreography, and have her all ready to go in a week.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 02:35PM by The Quiet Man » Logged
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2010, 05:58PM »

Thank you Alex for your wonderful addition to Celtic Woman.  You will be greatly missed!

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
YoungTwins

« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2010, 06:12PM »

So sad to hear that Alex isn't going to continue being with Celtic Woman. We've had the pleasure of seeing her 3 times in concert and she is absolutely amazing. We'll miss her!!!!!

Patiently waiting for CW to return to the West Coast Smiley
Lisaholic

LOVE-LOVE-LOVE My Lisa-Girl!!

« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2010, 09:21PM »

Say it isn't so.  Sad  Now my heart will never be able to go home again.  Cry

I can certainly understand her desire to be home with her family, though, particularly as her son begins attending school.  Stability is a good thing for children.  It's a shame she couldn't finish out the short summer tour and perform at Red Rocks one more time.  We'll just have to put our trust in David that he will find someone to fill her shoes.  He hasn't failed us yet so I expect great things.

Alex, you will be missed terribly and you may have broken a few hearts with this announcement.  You have been a joy to watch and listen to and certainly have earned the title of "Celtic Woman" for life.  I want to wish you all the best in whatever your future may hold.

OMG...You totally took  the words right outta my...HEART...**sigh**

ALEX~It was a pleasure meeting you in Houston a few weeks ago!  I could have SOOO given you a hug at the Houston M&G when I told you how "My Heart Was Home Again" so unexpectedly touched my heart the first time I heard it at the opening show in Roanoke.  I even brought kleenex with me to the show in Houston because I KNEW I'D NEED THEM when it was time for "your song"...**sigh**  I'm sooooo thankful that I did get to meet you!  I was also shocked that you even knew who I WAS~& even asked about my son, Jeremy!!  WOW!!! Lucky for YOU, I didn't fall all apart when I met you like I did when I met LISA for the first time!!  **blush/giggle!**

You've touched so many hearts and lives these past couple of years...and may God richly bless your life right back!  **hugs!**  Wink
May God be with you and your family...and know that you are loved very much...by many, many people...from all over the world!!!
WE LOVE YOU, ALEX!!!
Cindy Wink

"When I looked across the stage...and saw YOUR beaming face...MY heart was unexpectedly HOME, again"...

Thank goodness for kleenex!!  **hugs!**  Wink

Thanks, EVI~My "Lisaholic TWIN"~for the beautiful banner!  *squeeeee!!!* Grin

"Hello...My name is...Cindy...and I'm...a LISAHOLIC!"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: