Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex to take full time break  (Read 60370 times)
[zt] Music <3

I love Lynn :)

« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2010, 10:08PM »

Alex,
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful talent with the world  As many people have said, you hvae toucheed many people' s hearts for the past few years.
I wish I could've met you, but I am very honored I got to see you for  the 3 years you have performed with Celtic Woman.
I wish you the best of luck in your future!
I love you!!!!
Love,
Melody

bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2010, 01:50PM »

spiritual side of human nature is the willingness of people to sacrifice immediate self-interest in the pursuit of a higher goal, the family......

Love. It cannot be detected or directly observed. Yet the power of its existence is immensely clear to every human being who has ever loved or been loved.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 02:15PM by bot1tle » Logged
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2010, 02:49PM »

spiritual side of human nature is the willingness of people to sacrifice immediate self-interest in the pursuit of a higher goal, the family......

Love. It cannot be detected or directly observed. Yet the power of its existence is immensely clear to every human being who has ever loved or been loved.

I just wanted to say that these quotes perfectly describe part of who Alex Sharpe truly is. Family is incredibly important to her and she gives so much love....

Thanks for posting that!!

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2010, 04:23PM »

She can't leave. Didn't she just get here? I'm confused. Doesn't she know how much we like her and want her to stay? Oh well. These things have happened and will probably happen again. It's a shame. But now this makes me wonder. Will she have time to record a solo CD?

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2010, 04:30PM »

She can't leave. Didn't she just get here? I'm confused. Doesn't she know how much we like her and want her to stay? Oh well. These things have happened and will probably happen again. It's a shame. But now this makes me wonder. Will she have time to record a solo CD?

She's been with Celtic Woman for three years. And yes, she does know how much her fans love her, but she has to think of her family first. She does have a desire to record a solo CD but she has given me the impression that she wants to take a break first. She will be missed, but I don't think this is the last we will see or hear from her.

MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2010, 04:43PM »

While this announcement is news to us, I have to believe that David and CW management have known about it for quite a while.  It wouldn't surprise me that Alex made her decision when she discovered that there was going to be a summer tour and she decided that another two months away from home was too much.  Assuming that David has known about it for a while, then I'm sure that by now he has already decided what changes will be made.  He may be auditioning new soloists, reworking some four-part harmonies for three, or resurrecting some older songs.  Existing songs would be easier to incorporate than new ones because they already have the arrangements and backing instrumentation; only the lighting might need a little tweaking.  If each girl gets one additional solo back, then I vote for The Voice, Nella Fantasia, and Carolina Rua.  It's obviously not the first time David has had to deal with this situation and we may be pleasantly surprised what he cooks up. 

While Alex will be sorely missed, both Meav and Orla were, and still are, missed as well.  The silver lining in this, if you want to see it, is that this will likely give Alex the time she didn't have before to produce a solo CD.  We were lucky that the other girls' CDs were released before they became Celtic Women (Lynn's just barely!) and, of course, we haven't seen a new one from any of them since.

My personal opinion is that instead of doing these monster four-month tours they should do 4 six-week tours with 6 weeks off between each one and the extra 4 weeks being around the Christmas holidays.  It would be much easier on the girls and their families.  While we tend to think about the husbands and children when thinking about the girls' families, Chloë, Lynn, and Máiréad have family and friends that I'm sure they miss, too.  It would also give the girls the time they need to pursue personal projects and lay the groundwork for (as much as I hate to even mention it) a post-CW career.

I became a fan a little too late to see Meav and Orla in concert very often, so their departure didn't hit me as hard as Alex's has.  However, we have been blessed with both of them returning in solo roles where their star can shine a little brighter.  I have not yet had the opportunity to see Meav in concert, but I've seen Orla three times and she is amazing.  I firmly believe that we will eventually get the same gift from Alex once her son is older.  While I mourn Alex's decision as much as anyone, I am an optimist at heart and am curious, if not quite excited yet, to see what David will do in July.

Mike

RickOShea

« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2010, 04:45PM »

True Colors... I always hated the song when Cindy sang it, but Alex made it lively, beautiful and was sending the message of the song with her eyes: I see your true colors shining through, and that's why I love you!'

I was happy that, after 24 years, I could finally understand all the lyrics. Grin

edtom

« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2010, 05:16PM »

While this announcement is news to us, I have to believe that David and CW management have known about it for quite a while.  It wouldn't surprise me that Alex made her decision when she discovered that there was going to be a summer tour and she decided that another two months away from home was too much.  Assuming that David has known about it for a while, then I'm sure that by now he has already decided what changes will be made.  He may be auditioning new soloists, reworking some four-part harmonies for three, or resurrecting some older songs.  Existing songs would be easier to incorporate than new ones because they already have the arrangements and backing instrumentation; only the lighting might need a little tweaking.  If each girl gets one additional solo back, then I vote for The Voice, Nella Fantasia, and Carolina Rua.  It's obviously not the first time David has had to deal with this situation and we may be pleasantly surprised what he cooks up. 

While Alex will be sorely missed, both Meav and Orla were, and still are, missed as well.  The silver lining in this, if you want to see it, is that this will likely give Alex the time she didn't have before to produce a solo CD.  We were lucky that the other girls' CDs were released before they became Celtic Women (Lynn's just barely!) and, of course, we haven't seen a new one from any of them since.

My personal opinion is that instead of doing these monster four-month tours they should do 4 six-week tours with 6 weeks off between each one and the extra 4 weeks being around the Christmas holidays.  It would be much easier on the girls and their families.  While we tend to think about the husbands and children when thinking about the girls' families, Chloë, Lynn, and Máiréad have family and friends that I'm sure they miss, too.  It would also give the girls the time they need to pursue personal projects and lay the groundwork for (as much as I hate to even mention it) a post-CW career.

I became a fan a little too late to see Meav and Orla in concert very often, so their departure didn't hit me as hard as Alex's has.  However, we have been blessed with both of them returning in solo roles where their star can shine a little brighter.  I have not yet had the opportunity to see Meav in concert, but I've seen Orla three times and she is amazing.  I firmly believe that we will eventually get the same gift from Alex once her son is older.  While I mourn Alex's decision as much as anyone, I am an optimist at heart and am curious, if not quite excited yet, to see what David will do in July.

I agree.

I love Celtic Woman
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2010, 06:20PM »

I don't think there's anything wrong with the way they do the schedule now. The fact is is that there are plenty of bands and recording artists who work just as hard and tour for years on end because that's what it takes to be successful in the business a lot of the time. I think what Alex's departure shows us is that a schedule like this isn't for everyone, and that's fine. Plus, at the moment, all Alex has said is that she wants to spend time at home with family. She didn't say "The tour schedule is too hard for me so that's why I'm leaving." People are jumping to conclusions and blaming CW Ltd for making the girls work too hard.

Personally, I really think they'd lose the momentum by splitting up the tours.

My two cents.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
wareagle

MEAV IS ALL YOU COULD HAVE IMAGINED

« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2010, 09:00PM »

Alex we Love you and will continue to follow your career Grin You have been special and your strong voice will be missed.  Cry We were so glad to have seen you 4 times  Live!!! and will continue to listen to your songs on CD and on DVD. You'll be in our Heart always Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2010, 06:35AM »

Alex's family gets alll her love now...... thanks for sharing some with us....
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 06:16AM by bot1tle » Logged
CTofer

« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2010, 06:56AM »

Uhhhm I seriously doubt we're anywhere near that point.
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2010, 07:06AM »

I wish people would stop speculating and making assumptions. This thread is supposed to be used to leave Alex your well wishes....

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2010, 07:19AM »

I wish people would stop speculating and making assumptions. This thread is supposed to be used to leave Alex your well wishes....
I agree.  Let's stay on topic, folks.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

Let the dream come true SOMEDAY

« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2010, 07:51AM »

I dreamed of CW last night!!! I was sitting watching the show, and it was going by way tooo fast! Then I felt a hand on my shoulder.... I turned around to find............... Alex was in the audience! I was like "Alex! (See if I ever shrug someone's hand off my shoulder again without looking to see who it is.) Hello, how are you?" Then we talked a little and I told her how someone I knew loved her song "You'll be in My Heart", but Alex kept talking really loudly and friendly so I had to ask her to please be a little quieter so people could hear the girl's on stage singing! She was like,"Oh! I'm sorry! You probably want to see the show, right?"

It was very nice to meet her, she seems very nice.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:08AM by Guardian of the Rose » Logged

I know...my signature is just...awesome! Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: