Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex to take full time break  (Read 60599 times)
roy

« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2010, 04:34PM »

Best wishes to you Alex,you will be missed.You were a perfect part of CW.I hope you will record a solo cd someday soon.Thank you so much for blessing us all with your talent and charm.
Maggie
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2010, 09:15AM »

I remember when Alex was first starting with Celtic Woman, I was one of the "phone-in" team at WMFE Studios
for The High Kings PBS live Promotion.
During a break, Darren Holden said "Celtic Woman have been really lucky to get Alex Sharpe, she's great".

The first time I saw her on stage, I knew what he meant.

She sparkles.....not only her eyes, she just has a luminescent quality about her.

I shall miss her sparkle.....and the songs she made her own.
I loved the moment she took her bow at Powerscourt, seen on the DVD, she gave a cheeky nod to the audience
as she curtsied, and they loved her. 
I met her twice and she was so sweet and funny......(remember, Emily?)

From mid-July to the first days of September is when Irish children have their Summer holidays from school,
and childhood goes by so quickly. You can never get those times back.
For her son to be away from home, his friends, and his extended family would be hard.
Then in October there is the Australian Tour, with promotions and appearances....
Alex has made exactly the right decision for herself and her family.

Just as David Downes will have made the right decision, I'm sure!

I wish Alex the very best of success and happiness, in her family life and in her career.

wareagle

MEAV IS ALL YOU COULD HAVE IMAGINED

« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2010, 10:21AM »

Maggie, I have been looking for your post.  Grin Thank You, I always am looking for your thoughts when it comes to the CW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be looking for your thoughts on the possible replacement on another thread about this. I too know Alex will be happier with her child. I believe Meav left partly for that reason also.....I will miss Alex Dearly Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry but will hope she will SHINE Cheesy later as Meav and Orla and Haley have done.
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2010, 04:34PM »

Alex
Thank you for allowing us to meet you, fall in love with your voice, and share some of your time with us. Life and family is a wonderful blessing ....best wishes and enjoy! Home is wonderful!

God Bless
kathleen

Coleen
Global Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2010, 08:22PM »

Alex,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us.  You will be missed. I had the great pleasure of meeting you three times this past tour. You are an incredibly warm, sweet, lovely lady. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.  Most importantly, enjoy your time off at home with your family. 

Coleen

Thank you for the lovely banner, Mel.
binti

« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2010, 05:52AM »

It's very hard to see you leave CW, dear Alex.  I love Orlagh so much, so when you moved into her place, I set the bar very high for you to be accepted and you flew over the bar the very first time I saw and heard you.  I had the very wonderful pleasure of meeting and chatting with you several times. You were so gracious, so kind, and always so magical on the stage you owned when you were performing.  Your voice is incredible, but your eyes, your smile, your presence made you an equally bright light and beautiful Celtic Woman from the very beginning.  Thank you for giving us these past three years.  I hope you know CW fans stay loyal forever, you'll always be a Celtic Woman in our hearts, and we have you on DVD and CD for one of the most fantastic performances CW has done.  I'll all be looking for any of your future work and I'll be praying that you have the time to do your solo album as soon as you have had some R&R with your family.  You will be missed, you be in my heart forever and always loved. I'm happy for you that your heart is home again in Ireland.  May God continue to bless you.  With much love, Lucie

Thanks to m.k.c. for this lovely banner
Dan

Éireannach

« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2010, 09:30AM »

It's very hard to see you go, Alex. I loved you, your voice, your stage presence, your personality, and your dedication to your faith the moment I heard you sing with Celtic Woman. I know that God has huge plans for you--enjoy your time with your family (you've earned it!) and may He guide you always.

20 June 2007-Portland, ME
22 March 2012-Manchester, NH
2 March 2013-Portland, ME
30 May 2014-Bangor, ME
28 March 2015-Portland, ME
28 June 2016-Lowell, MA
9 April 2017-Portland, ME
4 April 2018-Portland, ME
Smileyirish14
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2010, 10:02AM »

Boy, am I glad I got to see her on this tour! I will really miss her being in the group...  Cry
aholinka

Axel Holinka, Webmaster 'chloe-agnew.com'

« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2010, 10:07AM »

"True Colors" soundcheck at Powerscourt House & Gardens:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncdt4qvCuNY

For me one of the best rememberance of Alex!

Axel

Gambit

« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2010, 11:16AM »

"True Colors" soundcheck at Powerscourt House & Gardens:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncdt4qvCuNY

For me one of the best rememberance of Alex!

Axel

Thanks for posting the link, Axel. Smiley

Thanks for the buttons, Rich!

God bless our troops!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2010, 01:39PM »

That is so beautiful!  really good video! Thanks!  Smiley

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2010, 02:55PM »

Alex,

It saddens me greatly to hear that you are leaving Celtic Woman. I only wish that I had had the opportunity to meet you in person. But know that you will always be in my heart. I want to wish you all the best of luck in whatever you do in your life and hope that it will be filled with more blessings and beauty than you can ever imagine, because that is exactly what you gave to us.

Matt
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2010, 04:27PM »

I was privileged to have seen Alex fourteen times with Celtic woman and at five meet & greets.  I will certainly be among those here who will miss her tremendously!  She helped carry us through the uncertain times in 2008 during Lisa's maternity leave and endeared herself to us at that time.  Later, when it became necessary to find a replacement for our beloved Orla Fallon, Alex felt like an old friend to the rescue.  She certainly will be missed.   Cry Cry Cry

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:30PM by Starman » Logged

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2010, 08:37PM »

Once again, I'd like to say how said I am. I liked her ever since I heard the song You'll be in My Heart performed by her. I changed my banner in honour of her (I even just spelled honor the English way for her). It's a shame that she has to go and she will greatly be missed by everyone.  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry

Also, I don't want to speculate, but how could they do anything without a member? I understand how good David is at arranging all their pieces, but you'd think that'd have some replacement lined up. If not, couldn't they just go with a choir member for the moment?

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2010, 11:58AM »

Thank you Alex for an amazing few years with Celtic Woman and for to wonderful (major understatement) 2 shows at Radio City. cwfan#1

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: