Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex to take full time break  (Read 60375 times)
mishawakafan

A smile a little girl & her Papa will never forget

« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2010, 01:55PM »

Alex,
     I am truly sad to hear you are leaving Celtic Woman.  You will be missed!  I am very thankful I was able to see you perform on the SftH Tour and meet you in Rosemont.  You really grab your audience in the live show.  "My Heart Was Home Again", "Walking the Night"(with Lynn)  and "You'll Be in My Heart" were all amazing to witness.
     My youngest daughter (4) will miss her "Ally" to be sure.  You are her favorite.

God Bless You, Alex!
Phil

bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2010, 05:52PM »

We're letting go of something we love.....just maybe she will return
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 05:11AM by bot1tle » Logged
Enchanted

« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2010, 07:07PM »

Alex,
I hope that these past 10 pages of comments, and all those that follow, show you how much you are loved by your fans.  You have touched our hearts and given so much of yourself to each performance.  For that we are forever grateful.  Know that a piece of our hearts goes with you, and we long for the opportunity to enjoy your gifts again.
Thank you,
Martin
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2010, 08:17PM »

Grin  Rachel, there is material galore on this THREAD for the Tribute book you and Tink are proposing...I suggest you
      print them out...edit them, maybe grab a phrase or two from each one...to "decorate' your pages...

Just a thought...That is / was genuinely loved Vocal performer if there ever existed one...and of course there
                          are those that  DO exist e.g. Lisa Kelly, Chloe Agnew, Mairead Nesbitt, Lynn Hillary, Deidre
                          Shannon, Orlagh Fallon, Meave Ni Maolchatha ( sp) and Hayley Westenra....to mention some...

Good Luck with the Tribute Book, be sure to use Big Dave's Pictures...OK??

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2010, 08:22PM »

Grin  Rachel, there is material galore on this THREAD for the Tribute book you and Tink are proposing...I suggest you
      print them out...edit them, maybe grab a phrase or two from each one...to "decorate' your pages...

Just a thought...That is / was genuinely loved Vocal performer if there ever existed one...and of course there
                          are those that  DO exist e.g. Lisa Kelly, Chloe Agnew, Mairead Nesbitt, Lynn Hillary, Deidre
                          Shannon, Orlagh Fallon, Meave Ni Maolchatha ( sp) and Hayley Westenra....to mention some...

Good Luck with the Tribute Book, be sure to use Big Dave's Pictures...OK??

shankdee
Thanks Carla I will!!!

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2010, 09:22PM »

shankdee

You should probably ask first. Otherwise you're using people's words without their permission which might make people angry.

aislin
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2010, 12:30PM »

If there's anything worth using in my post feel free to use it.
Smileyirish14
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2010, 03:30PM »

If there's anything worth using in my post feel free to use it.

I second that Smiley But I doubt I said anything meaningful!
Bajaoutlaw

« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2010, 04:10PM »

I think a good cry is in order. Sad

Bless you Alex for the joy you brought to my family's heart. I wish you and your family the very best, you deserve it.

Gail

« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2010, 10:57PM »

I haven't been on this site for some time - not because I don't like CW anymore (FAR FROM IT ! ! !)....... I've just been SO BUSY with other things, but decided to check this site out after an absence (my work company is now almost non-existent [having me call in re: any work each day], and have been busy looking for other openings to email resumes to, plus working at home towards my own business because I'm tired of all the layoffs I'm been stuck in through the last 25 years, here in So. Calif).

Imagine my sad shock upon finding that what I suspected would happen (after enjoying my new DVD of the Powerscourt concert / behind the scenes) HAS already happened ! ! ! (Alex leaving)    When I heard her comment on the "Making of Powerscourt" section of the DVD, my first reaction was, "OH NO ! ! ! Another one leaving, after I starting liking her expressiveness" (I LOVE her during the two songs they dance to - she's really into it during the second dancing one; which is why we fans absolutley LOVED the Slade Castle concert, when they finally got to "let go" and move with the music.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:14PM by tiburongirl » Logged
glenn

« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2010, 01:08PM »

Goodbye and thank you so much for all you have given to your fans in your time with Celtic Woman.  Never has anyone risen so far so fast, at least by me.  God meant for you to do this and now you have done it,  You have brought much beauty and happiness into many people's lives.  You have made a difference in the world.  We will all miss you.  Sorry I never got to meet you!

lisaholic nr1
« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2010, 01:37PM »

Well said! Kiss
kat
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2010, 02:59PM »

i made this for our dear Alex
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2010, 03:19PM »

Very nice, kat.
kat
« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2010, 11:31PM »