Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which site introduces Celtic Woman to the most visitors?  (Read 8844 times)
aholinka

Axel Holinka, Webmaster 'chloe-agnew.com'

« on: June 07, 2010, 01:15AM »

The following image shows all sites that are listed at "Links" at 'chloe-agnew.com' and generate at least one valid ranking.

Sites that do not appear as an individual entry at 'Alexa', such as subdomains (e.g. 'chloeagnew.blogspot.com') or 'facebook.com/celticwoman', are not shown.

If someone wants to use the image for own purposes please feel free to use the url 'http://www.chloe-agnew.com/?image=alexa'. To ensure future functionality it would be kind to drop me a short line.

Axel

aholinka

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 03:18AM »

After the next update of any values a new column "3 month history" will appear at the image. The new column is a 'thumb up, thumb down' like graph that shows the trend of each site listed. The trend is calculated by the change of rank as shown in column "3 month" 'cause this is the most important value provided by Alexa. The new graph will get more interesting in a few days when there's enough data to be displayed.

Axel

Integrity.Love.Unity.
Bodhrán Player

So let's go on, let's go on, on and on for love

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 03:11PM »

HOLY COW!!!!! That's insane!!!

aholinka

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 08:13PM »

The first 10 days of collecting data have been completed. As you may see at the image there're very different changes of the rankings.
Best sites are 'celticwomanforum.com', 'chloeagnewforum.org', 'lynnhilaryforum.net', and 'maireadforum.com' each with 8 ups and 2 downs.
Worst sites are 'meav.com' (0 ups, 2 equals, 8 downs) and 'celticwoman.com' (2 ups, 1 equal, 7 downs).
Between them the remaining sites with lots of different ups and downs.

Axel

bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 06:37AM »

If it weren't for PBS,  these sights would be virtually unknown......... PBS introduced C.W. to the world...
aholinka

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 04:10PM »

If it weren't for PBS,  these sights would be virtually unknown......... PBS introduced C.W. to the world...

Nope!
Currently there're many, many fans outside the states (>40%) and lots of them have never heard about PBS (*) !!!
Just think about Brazil, Germany, Netherlands, etc.! There is no PBS (in Germany there's ARD) but nevertheless there're fan sites that are located at those countries! Why?!?
Each site shown in the image is promoting CW as well as PBS. OK, there would be less accesses from the states if PBS doesn't exist, but each of them would exist nevertheless!

During the last 20 (twenty!!!) years a new media has become very important: the internet!
CWF (this forum) as well as all the other forums related to each of the girls are doing an amazing job to make them more and more public and without this support ... hmmm ... I'm almost sure that CW wouldn't exist any longer!

PBS is just a part of all the other sites promoting CW. "Together we're strong, alone we're dead!"

Axel

(*) Meanwhile I've created a template to explain what/who PBS is/are. This is the most used question that I've to answer!
Second one ... well, that's my secret Wink ...

hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 08:09PM »

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you completely.

Without PBS, Celtic Woman would not even exist, therefore, without PBS, there would not be a group to have the hype.  Without the initial performance, sponsored by and produced by PBS, the group would never have come together.  Without the filmed performance having been broadcast upon PBS, and the DVD released as a promotion for PBS, the clips would not have been available to reach the internet.  The tours would never have taken place, nor would the following DVDs been produced.

The fact is that today, Celtic Woman is easily recognizable even without PBS, but they would never have reached the state they are in without PBS.  The internet was secondary, not primary.
aholinka

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 04:40AM »

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you completely.

Just compare what you wrote against my previous post and you'll see that you do not disagree with me completely!

This is a very difficult discussion 'cause we're talking about things that didn't become true. Fact is that CW was founded without the support of PBS (-> CD/DVD New Age). But it's also fact that CW would have never reached the current state without PBS afterwards. We should be happy about this and thank PBS for all they did 'til now, otherwise we wouldn't be able to listen and watch these fantastic and outstanding songs in that quantity!

Nevertheless the internet (with all these forums and fan sites) is a very important media (I didn't say that it's the most important one). PBS and of course EMI Music are using this strong media for their own targets very intensive. Last year when I did an update of the "Gallery" at 'chloe-agnew.com' I asked PBS if I may add their images taken at Powerscourt to the gallery - and they agreed!
'Til now there're regulary accesses to 'chloe-agnew.com' that came from servers that belong to PBS as well as EMI (or Manhattan Records). All I want to say is that PBS knows about the meaning of the internet and the additional support of all the fan based sites regarding CW -> Together we're strong!

Axel

MaryNorth93
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 04:57AM »

Nevertheless the internet (with all these forums and fan sites) is a very important media

It's surely is. But I believe YouTube is the mainfactor that people from outside the US have discovered/discover Celtic Woman. CW is very less promoted in Europe, and their music isn't easy to find here either. Most people find them because they get refered by familiar video's on Youtube. And ofcourse I try to convert people here.. only got one person hooked... but keep trying..  Cheesy
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 08:00AM »

Without PBS, Celtic Woman would not even exist, therefore, without PBS, there would not be a group to have the hype.
From our Forum Guidelines:

Celtic Woman and The High Kings, as we know and love them, would not exist but for the Public Broadcasting System.

A bit of history, for those who haven't followed CW from the start.

Celtic Woman was the brainchild of Sharon Browne and David Downes. The original concept was to tap into the American marketplace's taste for Celtic music and culture. The idea was pitched to PBS, and they agreed to produce and finance the taping of the original Helix concert on 15 September 2004.  The intent was for this to be a one-off event, to be televised only in the US (and, by proximity, Canada) during PBS pledge drives.  On 27 January 2005, PBS and Clear Channel Entertainment (CCE), a leading producer and marketer of live entertainment events, announced that they had joined forces to create an exclusive live touring partnership and television production deal. The agreement provided CCE with a first right of refusal to mount live tours of performance shows produced for PBS stations' membership pledge drives.  The first incarnation of this new arrangement was the summer 2005 concert tour of Celtic Woman. Local PBS stations promoted ticket offerings for the live engagements during their March 2005 "begathons." CCE presented 20 shows of Celtic Woman between 8 July - 7 August in theaters and amphitheaters.

As soon as the Helix concert aired on PBS, videos (usually captured in violation of copyright) began popping up all over the Internet.  The buzz spread by word of mouth (and email), and those videos quickly went viral.  CW made little or no effort to market themselves outside North America, so those videos, blog posts, emails, etc., were largely responsible for spreading the CW gospel in other parts of the world.

So there is a sharp line of demarcation apparent.  If you survey the American fans, you'll find a huge number who "discovered" CW while channel surfing and stumbling across a PBS telecast of their Helix concert.  Overseas, they owe their fame and popularity to digital media and the Internet.  But the basic fact remains that, without PBS sponsorship, there never would have been a "Celtic Woman."

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
aholinka

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 09:06AM »

Thanks for this detailed info, Rich!

'Til now I thought that "Slane Castle" was the first concert sponsored by PBS. I didn't find any information yet that the Helix concert was also sponsored by PBS, neither at 'www.celticwoman.com' nor the regarding CD/DVD.
This new fact changes a lot!

Axel

P.S.: If you agree I'll add some of this information to "Celtic Woman" at 'chloe-agnew.com'.

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 11:34AM »

If you agree I'll add some of this information to "Celtic Woman" at 'chloe-agnew.com'.
Sure.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
aholinka

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 07:49AM »

If you agree I'll add some of this information to "Celtic Woman" at 'chloe-agnew.com'.
Sure.

Thank you, Rich!

I just uploaded the update for "Celtic Woman" at 'chloe-agnew.com' containing these interesting and important informations. Additionaly there's a new sub-page called "Credits" where I want to thank some people for their agreements and support.

Axel

Palmie00

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 08:19AM »

Wow, sweet deal!

aholinka

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 02:52PM »

A little bit strange but 'chloeagnew.ie' is listed at 'Alexa' since a few days again Shocked !

I'm not sure if it makes sence to list a site that's offline and/or a domain that is not registered any more. Ntl. the price for registering 'chloeagnew.ie' raised from €115 each year in February to €179 in June Huh !!!

Axel

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: