Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Special Celtic Woman Anniversaries & Memories  (Read 5972 times)
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« on: June 10, 2010, 08:49AM »

I thought I would make a thread, inspired by Katharine's thread "One Year Ago: Today."  In this thread, you guys can talk about special Celtic Woman dates for you guys!  It'll be like a reminiscing thread for everyone.

I'll go first.

October 31, 2008 was the day I found out about Celtic Woman, when I saw a commercial on TV, selling their "The Greatest Journey: Essential Collection" CD/DVD.  I got really interested, and started looking them up, listening to their voices, and the next time I got an iTunes card, started buying their music!

June 5, 2009 was my very first Celtic Woman concert!  I went with my granddad, and we were in the second row.  We were both in complete awe!  I was sad when it ended, too!  I wanted to jump onstage, and join in!  Hahahaha!

November 28, 2009 was when I met Lisa at the Blue Ridge PBS Studio in Roanoke, when she was doing pledges for their "Songs from the Heart" Tour in February!  Wow, she was sooo sweet!  I got pictures taken with her, and my granddad even took video recordings of her and me together.  She even hugged me a few times, and she knew who I was!!!  I got to sing for her, and she seemed to like my voice.  Hahaha!  She wanted me to meet Chloe at the concert in February, so I got a free M&G!!!

December 6, 2009 was Jim Brickman's "Beautiful World" Holiday Concert.  It was an amazing concert, especially when Orla joined him!  After the concert, I got to meet both him and Orla!!!  They were so sweet to me!  Hahaha, the first thing Orla said to me was, "I love your sweater!"  That cracked me up, because I'm such a sweater addict!  To hear a Celtic Woman (past or present member) say they love my sweater made me smile.  I got hugs from Jim and Orla, and we got a picture together!!!

February 9, 2010 was my second concert!  It was their opening night to "Songs from the Heart!"  I went with my grandparents, and my boyfriend, Darren Petty.  it was an amazing night!!!!!  Then, after the concert, I got to meet Chloe, and see Lisa again!!!  They were so sweet to me!  Chloe even said she'd seen my YouTube videos, and she said I had a beautiful voice.  She said I was a beautiful person, which really meant a lot to me, because most of the time, I can't see what's so special about me.  She and Lisa made me feel beautiful.  They signed my Autograph Journal, and wrote really sweet messages to me.  I even asked them if they would sign something for Darren.  They signed a picture of me and Darren together, because he didn't get to go to the M&G.  It was just me and my granddad.  I wanted Darren to be a part of it, and I wanted to share it with him.  At the end, I got hugs from Lisa and Chloe, and Chloe even kissed me on the cheek!  I even told them they were part of my family, and they were sisters to me, which came straight from the heart.  It was an amazing night!

I'm looking forward to more Celtic Woman anniversaries!  It would be so cool if I got to meet Lynn and Mairead, or even more of the past Celtic Woman members!!!!!

Scuilly

There can be miracles...When You Believe!!

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 11:10AM »

OK...me next.

March 2009 was introduced to CW when my friend gave me a copy of their Greatest Journey CD. I listed to it so much that I burned a hole in it LOL...had to go out and buy another one...while in the process I bought everything they had at FYE...Christmas, Helix, A New Journey along with ALL the DVD's.

October 30, 2009...first CW concert at Mohegan Sun Arena...all's I remember saying was OMG after each song...and when is my next show...

November 2009...saw SFTH on PBS and was completely blown away...began to plan what concerts I would be attending in 2010.

January 26th 2010...received SFTH CD and DVD...and watched it over and over and over and over...shall I continue??? LOL

February 28, 2010...saw 2nd CW concert...first SFTH one...this one was a complete surpirse to me...didn't find out I was going until the night before...seats weren't the greatest but still LOVED the NEW show...

March 12, 2010...3rd concert...2nd SFTH...went with my sister who had never been to a show...it was cool to watch her reaction.

March 13, 2010...4th concert...3rd SFTH...fantastic as usual.

These aren't CW anniversaries...but I had to share  Wink

July 24, 2010...will be my 5th...4th SFTH but this time I have my 1st M&G...WAHOOOO...can't wait!

July 26, 2010...will be my 6th...5th SFTH and 2nd M&G...WAHOOO...just as axcited...LOL!

Kelly
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 11:26AM »

May 1, 2009~ My First Celtic Woman concert in Fresno California... I was sitting in ORCH row s
Best night ever Wink

May 3, 2009~ I joined the Celtic Woman Forum and loved every min of my time being on here

Nov 22, 2009~ Second Concert in Long Beach California!! The night changed my life.. i was given a free M&G ticket when i went up to the PBS station. I got to meet Chloe and Lynn and some very cool forum members LL7,Antiup and when_rain_falls

December 22, 2009~I met one of my best friend on here Godshorsegirl (Alexa)

May 1, 2010~My 1 year anniversary of my first concert here in fresno!

May 3, 2010~ My 1year anniversary of joining the forum!

May 7, 2010~ Forumfest Pacific San Diego having front row and getting tons of winks and smile from Chloe and Lisa on stage!
Sitting in Front Row with Michaela and just have an amazing night! Also having Chloe and Lynn remember me
Also meeting Mikey, Kristine, Katharine, Hayley, Miranda and many cool forum people!

August 6, 2010~ Going to 4 CW show in Oklahoma with Alexa!!!!!!

August 30, 2010~ Going to my 5 CW show in Thousand Oaks with cool CA people!!

White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 11:27AM »

Some time in 2000- My mom got me the cd Meav.
2002- Got Silver Sea.
2005- Watched The Helix on tv.
2006- Got Meav's A Celtic Journey. Started collecting the other girls' cds.
2007- Finally bought the first cd, also got ANJ.
October 2007- First CW concert in Charleston, SC. ANJ. I remember it was one of the first of Lynn's, and I was impressed. Also, it was the day before Lisa's pregnancy announcement.
October 2007- Joined the forum!
2008- Think I just kept getting cds.
2009- Saw Isle of Hope in Columbia. Fun times!

I'm a college student, and therefore too poor to do M&G or go to many concerts. Sad. Sad
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 02:36PM by White Rose » Logged
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 11:36AM »

Those are awesome memories, especially getting to see Lynn performing her FIRST CW tour!!!

White Rose:  Don't feel bad.  I can't afford to go to many CW concerts either.  I was lucky to get the free M&Gs.  Smiley  I hope you get to meet them soon though.  Every CW fan deserves to meet CW!!!

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 11:52AM »

Sometime during winter pledge week 2008~First encounter with CW music

April 29th 2009~First CW concert in San Diego Open Air Theater. I was gobsmacked in Row N seat 92 (nosebleed seats).

April 30, 2009, 11:28:13 AM~Joined the CWF Cheesy where I met other people just like me who love the girls so much

November 22, 2009~Second CW concert in third row at Long Beach! A jump from where I had been less than a year ago. Met some forum members and had the best night ever. Chloe and I had an extra special time Wink M&G with Lynn and Chloe

May 7th, 2010~Lisa Kelly's birthday and first time FRONT ROW seat at the San Diego Civic Theater. FFP Unreal and unbelievable (I did go right?) M&G with Lynn and Chloe again! Chloe signed my shirt from the Long Beach concert!

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 11:54AM »

(I did go right) M&G with Lynn and Chloe again! Chloe signed my shirt from the Long Beach concert!
yees you were there!

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 06:11PM »

For me, I have two special "CW Fan-iversaries" that come to mind:

November 26, 2007 - First watched Celtic Woman on PBS. It was several days after Thanksgiving and they were showing A Christmas Celebration. First song I saw was Ding Dong Merrily on High. Second song was Christmas Pipes, and as many of you know, that was the song that made me a Celtic Woman fan. I actually wrote about watching it in my Livejournal, and this is a quote from the entry: "My Mom and I watched a Celtic Woman christmas concert today on PBS, and I'm unabashedly admitting right now that yes, I was into it." LOL!!!

But....for me, the most defining moment in my CW "fandom" was March 5, 2008: My first ever CW show in Jacksonville, FL. I was SO excited. No M&G or anything, but I was in the 7th row and at the time I had never been that close EVER at anything so I was beyond excited. I remember meeting Rich and Chris, and talking to Chris during intermission, and also getting to meet Maggie and Dave! It's so weird to look back on it now because little did I know that these people would become such dear friends of mine! That night was really special because even though I was SO sad that Lisa was gone (literally having a baby LOL), I realized at that show that I was a HUGE, MASSIVE Mairead fan. She wowed me beyond belief. I have never felt so excited. Mairead has been special to me ever since. Smiley

AWESOME.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 07:29PM »

Okay, here are mine:

November 30, 2008 - I first watched CW on PBS and fell in LOVE!!

October 25, 2009 - My first concert in Columbia, SC. This was so incredible and I met forum members who became my best friends!!

February 14, 2010 - Concert in Greenville where I finally met Dayna!!

February 15, 2010 - Concert in Atlanta with my mom. I wanted her to experience something that I loved so much. This was also the night I met Alex for the first time backstage...talk about a woman who can make your days brighter! She payed so much special attention to us during the show. It was amazing!

April 14, 2010 - Concert in Birmingham where I met more wonderful forum members and got to meet up with Alex again backstage. During this show, it was almost like Alex was singing every song to me. I can't count the smiles, winks, and laughs we shared during that concert. She is an amazing friend!

I got most of the cds at various times mainly between first seeing them and seeing them live for the first time. I also want to note that none of these concerts would've been possible if Joe hadn't split the tickets with me!!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:30PM by lifeismusic2009 » Logged

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 03:03PM »

I don't remember the exact dates but here goes:

Sometime in the summer of 2005: Saw the original Celtic Woman performance on PBS

Christmastime 2006: Saw ANJ on PBS. Grandmother gets me the Celtic Woman Christmas Celebration CD as a present.

Sometime in between: Found the original DVD and bought it.

Christmastime 2007: Saw the PBS performance of A Christmas Celebration. Didn't realize that Hayley was gone or that Meav was leaving.

Thanksgivingtime 2008: Saw the Greatest Journey on PBS. Get ANJ CD for Christmas.

Sometime soon: Finally got ANJ DVD. Found out about new members and Orla's departure. Memorized the members names so I knew who was who. Became fan on facebook. Also got The Greatest Journey CD.

Late Lent 2009: Applyed to become a member here. Attend first of currently only one Celtic Woman concert. Really liked the new girls. Got original CD at concert. Become a member here shortly after.

More during 2009: Learned about Songs from the Heart. Sad that there's no more Isle of Hope. Await airing of concert.

Thanksgiving weekend 2009: Saw Songs from the Heart on PBS. Really like Nil Sen La. Got DVD ordered for Christmas.

2010: Online chat with Orla. Sad about Alex leaving. Still don't have lastest CD, but have all the other official CDs.

Also, Tiffany, I was thinking about getting a notebook to have for possible autographs in case I need it. If I ever got some from anyone relating to Celtic Woman, I would put it in a safety deposite box so I can never lose it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:20PM by The Leprechaun » Logged

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 06:05PM »

Those are awesome memories guys.

Yeah I chose a notebook with a cute dog on the cover for my autograph journal.  Now, I have Chloe & Lisa's autographs as well as Keith and Neil's from Celtic Thunder!  Smiley  I like to show those pages to my friends and family, because they're sooooo special to me.

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 08:11PM »

There have been many memorable moments:

West Palm Beach, October 2007 - the CW Sisterhood is formed when Mel,Kathleen,Maggie,Lauren,Sara,and I meet for the first time and share a room! The concerts at the Kravis Center were fantastic both nights but especially on Saturday when forum members comprised almost the entire front row. It was also special because I met Rich,Chris,and Eric for the first time.

Chicago, April 4,2008 - Kelli and I finally get to meet in person and a fantastic friendship is forged. Rich gets saluted at Rich Fest before the concert. Kelli and I get to present Orlagh with a beautiful throw from her forum at the Meet & Greet. I get my first Orlagh hug!! New friendships are made and old ones renewed.

Chicago,February 2009 - "Kellibration" is held at the Emerald Loop Pub  and a large group of forum buddies share two wonderful concerts together..and some deep-dish pizza!

ANYTIME I have seen Orlagh perform has been memorable!!

Forum Fest West, Boise ID, May 2010 - great concert, great laughs,great friends!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Eric90

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 05:01PM »

Well I didn't think I had any Celtic Woman anniversaries but I thought of these maybe they count they were really special to me even though they happened just recently lol

May 23rd 2014:
The day Chloe Agnew shared a video I uploaded to Youtube of her singing "Ave Maria" I tweeted her and thanked her, and she replied back! thanking me for putting it up in the first place!

June 20th 2014: I tweeted Lisa Lambe a pic comparing her to Merida from Brave and she replied back saying it was brillint and she loved it!

July 11th 2014:
The day Mairead Nesbitt started following me on Twitter, Mairead has favorited a lot of my comments!

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 05:50PM »

ok I am not the best at remembering exact dates but I'll try!

Oct/Nov 2007- was going into my private duty shift for a resident when my friend called me in and was watching ANJ on pbs. she left it on an thought I would like it! They where singing mo ghile mear and I was definitely interested especially the dresses! Then the Voice by Lisa!  Insta hook!

2 days later- did some research on the girls and found out that they started in Cleveland and played a concert a few years prior! at that time I caught the whole show on pbs and the next day I found out that there first Christmas special was airing w the same girls!  I thought that was great!

may 13, 2009 -(day after my brothers graduation) I was excited to see my first concert w my friend at the palace theatre in Cleveland! Concert hooked from that point on!

march 10, 2010-ioh went to my second concert w another friend who's daughter was ushering that night and I was very surprised when we got there that I had front row seats (first time) but it was at the state theatre this time! Whilst waiting Thomas was awesome enough to take my souvenir book to get signed, while we sat in the lobby listening to Anto play (and yes I met him!!)

May 10, 2012 RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL!!!!! Believe! This was an emotional night w my cousin! first I was very upset I had to travel to Ny because they didn't come to Cleveland , But I stayed w my family so I was okay! Then we saw the freedom tower the day before so emotions were flowing. Then we were waiting at stage door and my uncle made us leave and I could not have been any more upset(yes his muffler did fall off on the way home!) But it was my first time seeing Susan and Lisa and I wasn't sure how I was going to like them.... turns out from the first note of the first song I loved them! And Susan literally had just gotten engaged so excitement was running high! The we met David Downes and Amy Rivard and Naomi! So pretty cool to even say I was at radio city! oh and a really pretty Believe shirt!

may 13th 2013!  whelp sadness no more! Got to have front row w m&g this time! Best day/night of my life!  Especially meeting patty, her husband and Patricia! Amazing people! had such a memorable night and have picture framed that I will cherish forever! Especially the one at stage door w lil' lambe! Thanks to patty's husband who caught that moment and thanks to lisa for stopping for a picture!

march 13, 2014 devastated had front row for radio city but wasn't able to go Sad

hopefully I will beable to make new memories and forever keep all the generally amazing ones I had so far!

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:18PM by barb kantartzis » Logged

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 06:14PM »

I just remember in 2009, during the SFTH tour in New York City, after the fiddler Mairead announced that Chloe would introduce PS22, she (the one in the pink gown) gave the audience a long talk and then introduced "You Raise Me Up". Then they all had a performance with Lisa K, Lynn and Alex.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: