Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Before C.W. was live at the "Helix"  (Read 8530 times)
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 02:32PM »

I was looking for pictures of Lisa before CW and came across the video of the Special Olympics from Dublin in 2003. I saw Lisa, but I also came across Lynn, and I did a screen capture of her that I entitled "Riverdance Chick." That was 3 years ago before Lynn was part of CW. 

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 03:04PM »

I listen Lynn : "Lift the wings" during Riverdance 1997. She's so great Shocked

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
GeorgeN

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 03:08PM »

I was looking for pictures of Lisa before CW and came across the video of the Special Olympics from Dublin in 2003. I saw Lisa, but I also came across Lynn, and I did a screen capture of her that I entitled "Riverdance Chick." That was 3 years ago before Lynn was part of CW. 

Ya!!  That Special Olympic video is also on “The best of Riverdance” DVD as an extra. They gave the lead vocal to Lynn on that one and it was before an audience of 80+ thousand people. I’ve read a Lynn interview where she says it was her most memorable performance so far.

GeorgeN
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 03:13PM »

The Original five all had solo albums before Celtic Woman. I liked Hayley before she joined Celtic Woman.

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
MaryNorth93
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 10:04AM »

The DVD's of riverdance!! Cheesy Mairead and Lisa, but mostly Mairead.... Cheesy

Wasn’t Mairead in Lord of the Dance, but not Riverdance? Anyway, I first noticed CW while channel surfing and coming upon the Helix show, and recognized Mairead as “that Irish girl fiddler” who I had previously been impressed with. I at first thought I was seeing one of the dance shows and left it on, but did not pay that much attention. I did get that it was a new show and group, which I filed away in my memory. The next time the Helix show was on (late night PBS fundraiser) I was much more attentive, and even woke my wife up, saying “Ya gotta get up and see this show!” She loved it and our fan relationship with CW kicked off.

GeorgeN

I thought the same thing, that Máiréad has been in Lord of the Dance and Feet of Flames, but not Riverdance. Didn't she work on the soundtrack of Riverdance? Anyway, I discovered the ladies around 2007 or 2008. But I love the ladies' previous material for they became CW  Grin
pammy314

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 09:33AM »

2003 Special Olympics Riverdance singers:  20 singers in total, trying to name them all.  Lynn Hilary, Lisa Kelly, Roisin Dempsey, Lorraine Cotter, Denise Brennan, Julian Edwards.  The clip is on You Tube Opening Ceremony--song Cloudsong.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 06:41AM by pammy314 » Logged
Jennifer
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 11:42AM »

I had seen Lisa perform twice live with Riverdance.
LUCKY! I'm really jealous!

Can't say I have, mainly because CW started when I was 10. I wish though!

Same here!
Yup, ditto.

ditto. but i was 12 lol
Ditto. I was 11 when CW started out.
greenfire6
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2011, 09:44PM »

2003 Special Olympics Riverdance singers:  20 singers in total, trying to name them all.  Lynn Hilary, Lisa Kelly, Roisin Dempsey, Lorraine Cotter, Denise Brennan, Julian Edwards.  The clip is on You Tube Opening Ceremony--song Cloudsong.

Here is the Official Riverdance link that includes the Cloudsong video footage at the 2003 Special Olympics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeFtzfSu0nI

Lynn wasn't even a late teen, yet she is already a complete pro as you will see if you choose to watch. Also some very brief but good shots of Lisa K.
MarcusWongAUS
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 03:41AM »

I had seen Lisa perform twice live with Riverdance.
LUCKY! I'm really jealous!

Same here!
Yup, ditto.

ditto. but i was 12 lol
Ditto. I was 11 when CW started out.

again, same, but I turned 8 in 2004, only a couple of days after they filmed at the Helix

26/6/10 Westfield Penrith
23/10/10 Sydney Entertainment Centre
21/12/11 Boettcher Concert Hall
18/8/12 Macquarie Centre
17/1/14 Sydney Entertainment Centre
9/2/18 Darling Harbour Theatre
Gerard

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 11:15AM »

Saw Mairead live in 1998 in Paris when LOTD toured there. In fact, apart from Michael Flatley (and this disappointed many people), everyone who was on the video was there.

Bought Chloe and Lisa's albums along with Aoife's third CD.

Saw Deirdre on the Celtic Tenors german show.

Unfortunately, I didn't know who Hayley really was until I heard that she was joining the group. Then , I did my research, loved what I saw, and bought her DVD and CDs

Lynn: Riverdance 10th anniversary DVD.
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 04:42PM »

I had the same problem. I probably heard Chloe doing Walking in the air at some point but I just don't remember

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: