Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you discover C. W.  (Read 24922 times)
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 04:22PM »

Better late than never  Cheesy CW will take over the world, yeah!  Grin

True!! Cheesy
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 09:37PM »

http://celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=13231.0

"October 31, 2008 was the day I found out about Celtic Woman, when I saw a commercial on TV, selling their "The Greatest Journey: Essential Collection" CD/DVD.  I got really interested, and started looking them up, listening to their voices, and the next time I got an iTunes card, started buying their music!"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:26PM by Tiffany Gray » Logged

CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 09:53PM »

I guess I'm the latecomer here,I was channel surfing on Jan 31,2010 and came across the local PBS station here having a telethon with the Songs From The Heart.I sat and watched it and said "Wow,This Is Like Nothing Ive Ever Seen In My Life".I was instantly hooked on them.

JuanV

Lynn, you're the best!

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 10:10PM »

I was channel surfing in April 2008 and came across the Helix concert. I watched it and thought it was pretty cool and didn't think about them again until later that year in November when I was at Walmart looking for a Christmas album and I came across Celtic Woman's Christmas album. I looked at it and remembered watching them on t.v. so I bought it and I truly became hooked ever since.
Jennifer
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 10:22PM »

Songs From The Heart! Smiley
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 10:59PM »

I first heard of CW sometime in 2007 when I think my parents were watching A Christmas Celebration on PBS. I watched ACC the following December in it's entirety because it was Christmas music, but didn't think much of it. A year later I found out CW was on PBS again and decided to watch, thinking it would be ACC, but it was The Greatest Journey. By this time my taste in music had changed and something about the show grabbed my attention and I became interested. Like CincyKid, I felt it was unlike anything I had ever seen before. I pledged to PBS for the CD and DVD and when they arrived I was hooked.
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 10:26AM »

My mom took me to a concert last summer!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Kristine and I have always loved Ireland and anything to do with it!  So last year, our mom somehow found out about this concert (I can't remember how she found out about it), and decided we should go!  So, we went to a concert, and from the second Mairead walked out and Chloe started her intro to SDS, I was hooked!!!   Grin

And to elaborate just a tad bit on my sister's post: Kath and I didn't even do any research on who they were!  I looked up one song--You Raise Me Up--and listened to it once the night before and then showed it to Kath that morning before we left for the show.  We had NO clue what was in store for us!!  Cheesy

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
edtom

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 02:03PM »

After watching a live performance of Riverdance with my brother and sister-in-law, they told me about another great show they had seen-something called Celtic Woman.

I love Celtic Woman
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 02:23PM »

LOL!  I was coming into a private duty job at my work (at like 2am) and my friend who is irish and is into that type of music had it on.  She said  look at this what i've been watching, you might like this! And I looked and I saw 5 very beautiful ladies in gorgeous dresses singing mo ghile mear!(my favorite!) I was like omg is their whole concert in irish? she like no they did that popular son (yrmu!) and others!  And I was urious the next day looke them up on you tube and it was an instahook for me!  Then I got there and watched the whole thing and that was that!  Then it was closing in on winter and they did the christmas celebration! And my friend was like you know they toured and already taped a concert before this, but i yet to see it on pbs (wasn't really shown here as far as I know!  Wink sealed the deal with that one! And i was to young to see the new ourney tour the monthafter and nooone would go so I was ioh the first chance i had!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 05:47PM »

Well I happened to see some songs on PBS of the Helix. But I didn't realize yet how good they are and how much I want more of them. When ANJ came out, I could not stop watching it. That's when I got the first DVD. I admit to not being the best fan I could be. But, at least I have what I have.

Do we know anyone here who was actually at the first ever Celtic Woman concert? That would be so cool if we did.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2010, 05:58PM »

I saw tv broadcasts of  A New Journey on PBS in December 2006.  I was only mildly interested at first viewing, but the multiple broadcasts got me hooked! I pledged tickets for the Spring 2007 tour and have never looked back!  In looking to purchase the ANJ DVD, I found the Helix DVD and got it as well!  They have been a major joy in my life every since.  Kiss

Broadway Baby
Honorary Roadie

Sometime I think, I glimpse eternity <3

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2010, 08:52PM »

Through Songs from the Heart!! My dad was channel surfing and told me to come down and watch this special because it was pretty and exactly the kind of music he knew I'd love. And BOY was he right Wink I watched it every day for weeks, and then researched them, and then began watching videos from every DVD, interview, etc every day until I finally found my way here to the forum!

Lindsey<3

LISA KELLY=<3
My fearsome five and forum family, thank you for everything!!
isle of hope
Total Fanatic

Máiréad rocks!

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2010, 04:11PM »

It started with the first CD, I heard Siuil A Run.

Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal.
GeorgeN

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 01:31PM »

Channel surfing one snowy evening, while web-surfing at the same time on my laptop. I hit a PBS fundraiser showing the Helix show and recognized Mairead from Riverdance…. Which is what I thought I was watching at first. While still double tasking I learned about this new group Celtic Woman, but while I liked it, I was not "bowled over" (doing too much??).

A while later I was again channel surfing and hit the first broadcast of ANJ, and of course remembered the group. This time I was really struck enough to go and wake my wife up and get her out of bed to watch the show. She loved it and we’ve both been fans ever since. Unfortunately job commitments kept us from going to concerts until IofH rolled around. Now we’ve been to six shows and have tickets for two more in late July.... plus we have all of the DVDs and CDs......

GeorgeN
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 07:28AM »

Let's see.....

Dad had told me that he had seen the most amazing group singing a bunch of Christmas songs on tv. So he started hunting down the cd. Since this was back when the ACC dvd was just being released, he managed to find the cd at Best Buy. At first, i wasn't even interested in hearing a single one. But then one day in the car, he turned on Christmas Pipes. I've been hooked ever since!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: