Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you discover C. W.  (Read 24900 times)
celticartzyangel
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 12:58PM »

hmmm...
It was Christmas Break this year, I was sitting at my desk drawing and munching a sandwich when my brother called me over to see a "really cool song". I was naturally skeptical (hey, it's my 19 year old brother who likes Skillet and Apocolyptica!) So I went over and sat down, and he clicked "play" and....
                BAM!!!!!!!!!
I WAS HIT WITH THE INCREDIBLE VOICE OF LISA KELLY!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
She was singing "The Voice" and TOTALLY got me hooked, especially by the last note, I think I gasped after she finished LOL!!!  Grin So of course I HAD to find out more and went on a complete CW splurge, and kept TALKING AND TALKING AND TALKING my friends' ears off about this amazing group I had found!!  Cheesy Grin Cheesy
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 05:42AM »

I was flipping tv channels and found something interesting on PBS. The song was Mo Ghile Mear. This was December 2006 and I was hooked!

MaryNorth93
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 11:07AM »

who likes Skillet and Apocolyptica!) So I went over and sat down, and he clicked "play" and....
                BAM!!!!!!!!!
I WAS HIT WITH THE INCREDIBLE VOICE OF LISA KELLY!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
She was singing "The Voice" and TOTALLY got me hooked, especially by the last note, I think I gasped after she finished LOL!!!  Grin So of course I HAD to find out more and went on a complete CW splurge, and kept TALKING AND TALKING AND TALKING my friends' ears off about this amazing group I had found!!  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Skillet has awesome music!!!!   Grin But for I go to offtopic, yes.. The Voice was the first song I heard too and hooked me as well  Cheesy
firefly loves lisa k.
Honorary Roadie

Yep. I´m a LisaK.holic!! <3

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 11:23AM »

I was looking for You Raise me up. At first I just recognized the version of Westlife. Then after a week I looked again and I found C.W. ´s Version. I was so impressed by the girls and their voices. Since then I am a huge fan .
I love you CW  Kiss

<3

by me
I met Lisa Kelly, Lisa Lambe, Chloe Agnew, Mairead Nesbitt
Ich liebe dich! xxx
David Knisely

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2010, 04:39PM »

How did I discover C.W.?  One word: "APPENDICITIS".  In November of 2008, my folks were visiting just prior to Thanksgiving (U.S.) and I was going to take everyone out to dinner.  However, the day I was supposed to do this, I went into the doctor's office with some abdominal pain, only to be sent quickly over to the hospital for immediate appendectomy surgery!  This kind of ruined things, as while the family visited me, it was in my hospital room and not at dinner.  Things were a little dicey with my recovery, and I spent three days in the hospital.  I then was sent home to rest with orders to do *nothing* for several days (mostly "lived" in a recliner in the living room).  On the Sunday night when my folks left for their home in Arkansas, I was kind of feeling down and just doing some channel surfing on TV.  I hit the local PBS station and stopped abruptly.  Yes, you guessed it, Celtic Woman was on, although for quite some time, I had no idea who was performing.  I just sat there in the recliner, kind of stunned at what I saw and heard, but for some reason, I couldn't make heads or tails of the logo seen on the TV screen announcing who they were!   It must have been the pain that befuddled my mind, but eventually during one of the "pledge breaks", I hobbled into the computer room and brought up the local PBS TV schedule.  Finally, I could read the words "Celtic Woman" (mostly the stuff from Greatest Journey), so I spent some time doing a little more research.  The more I head of them, the better they sounded, so once I could drive again after a week or so, I got up to Barnes and Noble and got "Greatest Journey" and the original 1st Celtic Woman album, followed by the DVDs.  Not quite a year later, I got to see my first CW concert at Washington Pavilion (Sioux Falls, South Dakota, a GREAT venue BTW).  Now, I am impatiently waiting for their August 5th performance at the Independence Event Center!
LynnHilaryFan924
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2010, 05:58PM »

My Dad was watching A Christmas Celebration back when it premiered and I was in the kitchen when I heard Lisa singing Green The Whole Year Round and the rest is history lol.

bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2010, 06:07AM »

Great first post, David.....Welcome to the Forum
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:25AM by bot1tle » Logged
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2010, 02:48AM »

March, 2006, was channel surfing one night and landed on PBS. I heard several songs, got bored and switched channels. Came back around a few minutes later, saw this gorgeous lady named Lisa singing a song called "Send Me a Song." I fell in love with the voice and the song and oh, I'm extremely fond of the lady as well!  Grin

bigCWfan17

3/15...The day I FINALLY saw/met Celtic Woman :)

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2010, 03:03PM »

I watched their special on PBS four times Smiley

"You are enough. You are so enough. It's unbelievable how enough you are."-- Sierra Boggess
donahue02

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2010, 01:32PM »

I was flipping tv channels and found something interesting on PBS. The song was Mo Ghile Mear. This was December 2006 and I was hooked!

This is what happened to me too! I don't remember what song it was or anything but I was absolutely amazed by them the first time I heard them.
cartmanDD

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2010, 01:56PM »

5 years ago I saw Celtic Woman on the DVD shelf. I was curious because I never heard of them, so I bought it and I was glad I did.
cowgirl123091<3'scelticwoman!

chloes my hero!

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2010, 02:00PM »

i was visting my grandma who is a big fan of theres and she said i needed to see this new dvd my mom had gotten for her. at first i was doing it just to humor her but as soon as they opened there mouths i was like this is amazing and now i love them too!

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2012, 01:31PM »

Another old thread.  I first saw them on PBS in late 2006.  It was the New Journey concert from Slane Castle.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
GeorgeN

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 07:57PM »

Strange I should find this old thread, ‘cuz I first became a fan of CW watching the Helix show on PBS, and I was just watching the old DVD tonight before reading this.

GeorgeN
oregongirl29
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2012, 07:33PM »

You Tube, I was browsing you tube looking for a song and I found a video of PS22 and CW was singing with them, Back when Alex and Lynn was in the group, and I was immediately hooked. Then I started watching all the CW video's I could find.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: