Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you discover C. W.  (Read 24912 times)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2012, 08:12PM »

Well actually....A few years ago, a fellow 12-step member was playing some lovely music in his car as he gave me a ride home and I asked him what it was and he said it was Celtic Woman.  Gradually I started buying all the CDs I could get my hands at first. I didn't start buying the DVDs until I after I went to my first concert. Then I started buying the CDs of the individual singers.  I now have a respectable collection that fills up a whole tote container.  Cheesy

scorpion

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2013, 05:32PM »

My first exposure to Celtic Woman happened as I was looking for Hayley Westenra videos on youtube. Looked at the related videos, saw you raise me up from a new journey clicked and thought very good. Then clicked on The Voice and thought WOW this is great, then this is going to get expensive!!! Been in love with Celtic Woman
ever since
sammiesoprano22

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2013, 06:57PM »

I was in college & remember channel surfing. I came across some beautiful lassies in white dresses with angelic voices; I haven't looked back since <3 Grin

<3 Celtic Woman CWazy fan forever <3
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2013, 06:57PM »

Found Granuaile's Dance on youtube.

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2013, 07:00PM »

My first exposure to Celtic Woman was actually a commercial I saw on a local TV station back in 2010, advertising for the Songs from the Heart tour coming to Credit Union Center on August 18th that year(the biggest venue we have in my city). Commercial link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjglzWPC5zs
I had wanted to go to the concert badly (something told me to deep inside, Intuition), but in the family during this time, money was tight and it was not possible to go.
Little did I know that would be the only opportunity I'd have to see Lisa Kelly live...

So nothing came about it until 2012. As it happens, my Mom has been a fan of The Bold and The Beautiful for years. When Celtic Woman came on B&B that fateful day (November 12, 2012), I was hooked; my mom on the other hand? A Minor interest has appeared.

I've loved Celtic Woman ever since! <3 Grin
My parents? Not as much. Sad
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 07:06PM by urbanracer34 » Logged

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2013, 07:19PM »

I was sitting around my office at work with absolutely nothing to do.  It was right before a holiday and all of the managers and such were already gone.  The only person left in charge pretty much didn't care what we did that day.

Normally they don't like us surfing the Internet and using YouTube (they even have filters which block many sites including this forum), but I had nothing else to do but click from video to video.

I came across the video of Lisa singing "The Voice" and the rest is history.
Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2013, 08:39PM »

Sarah (IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3) sent me a Youtube video of their trailer for SFTH... Then I watched When You Believe, and the rest is history Wink
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2014, 01:37PM »

I have been a fan of The Lion King my whole life. Got me into musicals. I then became an Andrew Lloyd Webber fan. I then became a fan of his ex-wife Sarah Brightman. She brought me to Classical Crossover. I've searched for other CC performers. I've found Hayley Westenra. I read she was a member of a group called "Celtic Woman". I've heard "The Soft Goodbye". I got infected with OCCWD.

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2014, 07:46PM »

It was christmas time 2007 and I decided to google search "o come all ye faithful" and I clicked on celtic woman's version and I was hooked

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Eric90

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2014, 10:19PM »

I was going to start a thread like this but figured someone else had already done it lol

I can say I've been a fan since the beginning I'll be honest though I'm confused over when I first discovered them I believe it was a commercial for the first album, but I could be confusing it with another Celtic album that came out around the same time called "A Celtic Circle" or something. But I did watch the first CW show when it aired on PBS and I just happened to be flipping the channels and saw it and watched it. I want to say that the first song I heard was "May It Be" By Lisa Kelly because I'm a huge LOTR fan and I would have recognized the song instantly plus I loved Irish music anyway.

On a more personal note, it was my grandmother who encouraged me to listen to them despite their music being different to what I or anyone else I knew listened to. She watched it with me she loved the pretty dresses the beautiful voices "Danny Boy" was her favorite she watched it because of that song I think, anyway we would watch CW shows whenever they would show on PBS even if it was a repeat. We watched the original, A New Journey, and Celtic Christmas together she even happen to catch them performing on a figure skating competition and made sure I saw it lol. she said "Your girls are on TV" lol at the time other singers held that position but now I can say that they are "my girls". my grandmother passed away in 2009 and I think Songs From The Heart premiered that year, I was unaware of any new concert so when I saw it advertised I was surprised and I watched my first Celtic Woman concert without my Grandmother Though I did have a candle lit in her honor while it was on. I dedicated the song "The Last Rose Of Summer" to her. so If it were not for her encouragement I wouldn't be here in this forum today.

Traveling Spaceman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2014, 09:04AM »

I've told the story more than once here, so I won't belabor it too much, but...

I saw the description of the original Helix PBS special in the TV program guide, and it sounded like something my Mom would like. So that night, I turned it on for her to watch. She liked it well enough, but I was the one who was mesmerized and couldn't take my eyes off the screen. Then sometime later, I found the YouTube videos of "The Voice" and "Dulaman" from ANJ, and that's when I became obsessed. In a good way.

Like many of us, the music of CW, and the ladies' solo projects as well, have helped me through my darkest days. There's just something magic about a Celtic Woman.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner. Smiley
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2014, 10:36PM »

Youtube surfing for Wiccan music brought me to LK's The Voice and also to Granuaile's Dance...I was hooked from then on

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2014, 12:34AM »

It all started when I got this video game called "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend" around the year 2008. I've always loved the main theme of this game. Years later in 2012, I decided to look up the main theme. It was a song called "Ailein Duinn" with another song called "Ave Maria" in the chorus. It was said that an Irish singer named Méav sang it (I found out that she did NOT sing the theme later on.) So I looked up  'Méav - Ailein Duinn' on YouTube. Loved it. Decided to do more research on her. Found out about CW. Listened to "You Raise Me Up" (SFTH version specifically), then "The Call". That's when I became CWazy.

Probably one of the most weirdest and complicated discoveries of CW. Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 12:37AM by Chandler Mattson » Logged
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2014, 01:10AM »

Not at all weird Grin Many people get CWazy from video games. Endless Ocean (or something like that) has Hayley music. And Assassi's Creed had the Parting Glass so people who search for that song find CW. I know these things from comments on YT.

Celtic Chan
Bodhrán Player

Queen Méav

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2014, 07:40PM »

Not at all weird Grin Many people get CWazy from video games. Endless Ocean (or something like that) has Hayley music. And Assassi's Creed had the Parting Glass so people who search for that song find CW. I know these things from comments on YT.
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: