Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman performing Níl Sé'n Lá live on ABC Radio National Breakfast Studio  (Read 7548 times)
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« on: June 29, 2010, 06:19AM »

Nice Youtube video of an interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySHp6nkT5ek

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 07:01AM »

Very nice interview and performance. I'm so glad they touched on the "traditionalist" subject, and Lisa's answer was spot on. They are Irish and they are musicians, and they sing and play beautifully. Those who complain because they aren't "traditional" are off the mark. That's like expecting a group from Texas to perform nothing but cowboy music.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 07:17AM »

I think that is the best interview with the girls- ever!!  They sounded great and they looked SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!   I may have to go to a show or two!! LOL   Thanks, Sara--- And thank you CW Ladies for being who you are and once again showing us and the world just why we love you so much!!! Hurry back to us!!!  ( Break a leg down under!!!)  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Kiss

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
RetPgmr
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 09:26AM »

I think that is the best interview with the girls- ever!!  They sounded great and they looked SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!   I may have to go to a show or two!! LOL   Thanks, Sara--- And thank you CW Ladies for being who you are and once again showing us and the world just why we love you so much!!! Hurry back to us!!!  ( Break a leg down under!!!)  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Kiss

I second that!

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 09:36AM »

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  I really enjoyed that interview...and yes, I agree...they look terrific..and I like the way they are doing this
                     promo tour...so that people and locations and radio stations and malls can be familiar with them before
                     they actually set foot on a concert stage.....I like Rich's comment about the Texas music also...
                     since I couldn't get my author friend, Jane Yolen, totally interested in C W as she said they were
                     not "traditional enough"...She said she used to hang out with Irish lads in her NY aprt in her younger days
                     when all the Clancy bros, and T Makem and others would gather to play, sing and drink. Right now she
                     is in Scotland writing a novel...thanks Sara 07 for finding and posting this wonderful interview....

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Bluefire
Total Fanatic

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 12:16PM »

Excellent interview.  Good to hear from each of them at length, and I think this is one of the better recordings of the Níl Sé'n Lá segment (of course, having accompanying video doesn't hurt).   Wink

I'm really glad that they addressed that aspect of the music (I've had to deal with my fair share of people saying "why are they called 'Celtic Woman' when they aren't playing traditional Celtic music?!?!").  Preconceived ideas often have a negative effect on new experiences... or so I've seen.

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!
JRRacing64
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 06:06AM »

Great video! I to am glad they did talk about how the group isn't a Irish traditionalist group. But as Lynn said "They'll never be happy."

I noticed Lynn during the interview portion sounded like she was a bit under the weather. I noticed she had a little cough as well. Hope it's not to serious and she get better soon.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 06:09AM by JRRacing64 » Logged
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 06:21AM »

Nice interview. Lisa had the right answer.

mishawakafan

A smile a little girl & her Papa will never forget

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 09:01AM »

Yay for Lisa and all the Girls! Smiley  Great interview and performance by all.  Another awesome Sara find. Cool

Phil

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 10:02AM »

Great video! I to am glad they did talk about how the group isn't a Irish traditionalist group. But as Lynn said "They'll never be happy."

I noticed Lynn during the interview portion sounded like she was a bit under the weather. I noticed she had a little cough as well. Hope it's not to serious and she get better soon.
Yea i hope she isn't to worn out! Poor girl

Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind...

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 03:55PM »

I noticed that too!! And yes, i hope she's not either!! It must be so hard, dealing with all the time changes and everything.

darel

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 08:17PM »

I noticed that too!! And yes, i hope she's not either!! It must be so hard, dealing with all the time changes and everything.
i hope she is feeling better now.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 08:42PM »

Lynn is fine, folks.  It was early in the morning.  That's all.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind...

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 08:56PM »

(Sigh of relief.) Thank you!! That's good to know.

CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 09:25PM »

I believe this is the first interview "Ive" ever seen with all 4 girls talking at once.Also I actually think the more mainstream and pop the girls sound the bigger fan base they will draw.I predict next tour the girls will be selling out stadiums.  Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: