Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is that red hair lady?  (Read 16441 times)
epicwolf

« on: August 08, 2007, 08:33PM »

Who is this red hair lady that is on every Celtic Woman products? Does she gets any money from CW inc for being on all the products? She's pretty by the way.

Lisa_is_my_idol!!!!

Hoping to meet Lisa one fine day

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 08:51PM »

I asked this question a while back, she is a french model, i'm not sure if we know her name, but her hair is photoshopped

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 04:45AM »

Maybe she has be misnamed when we all see it Tongue

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
GratefulGirl

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 10:19PM »

I was just about to ask this same question!  Really?  She is not a real person?  But Lisa says she is a French model.  The mystery remains for me.....

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 10:38PM »

I asked this question a while back, she is a french model, i'm not sure if we know her name, but her hair is photoshopped

You mean it someone else's hair, superimposed on the model's face? It looks like Real Hair...It is a good trademark picture, even if it is a composite.

Cheesy Shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 01:00AM »

It is, in fact, a French model. Her hair and eye color are all Photoshoped in. In fact, if you look at the original CW DVD and CD she has 2 different colored eyes.

Celtic Collections (CW's parent company) has used this same image before for other album covers. It's just a company stock photo, which means they can use it all they want. Incidentally, they don't use it for anything but CW anymore.

aislin
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 01:17AM »

OK, so it is a real face of a real person, with different hair from somewhere else....yes, there are a few lucky people in this world with two different colors of eyes...it is a good trademark photo...and she does look Irish, if there is such a thing...I wonder if the model still gets residuals? Just a thought.

shankdee

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 07:26AM »

The hair didn't come from somewhere else.  It's all hers.  Changing hair color is a common technique used in Photoshop and other image manipulation applications.  And the models are paid a flat fee but do not receive residuals.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 06:30PM »

For what it's worth - I spoke to CW Ltd today and confirmed that the young lady in the logo is, indeed, a real person.  She is a model who was hired by a London-based advertising called Zeus, who were doing some work with CW at the time.  Her features may have been "enhanced" but she is not a composite of several different ladies.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Ggunsailor
Total Fanatic

Fill my glass, I'll sing a song!

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 08:04PM »

I wonder if she's met CW. Just a thought

"Music is something one can never be with out."-Me
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 11:32PM »

For what it's worth - I spoke to CW Ltd today and confirmed that the young lady in the logo is, indeed, a real person.  She is a model who was hired by a London-based advertising called Zeus, who were doing some work with CW at the time.  Her features may have been "enhanced" but she is not a composite of several different ladies.

Oh, OK, I wonder where someone got that she was French?  Thank you Rich for calling them and finding out this info...and when  someone said her hair was photoshopped, I assumed it mean the hair was pasted on, so it was good to know it was her hair.
Thanks again, I am sure we all appreciated the fuller picture of this great LOGO..

shankdee

Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 10:24AM »

Thank you  Rich for sorting that out. I assume CW LTD would know who she is. lol Grin
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 10:13PM »

Isn't it nice that someone on the Forum (ic) can call them up and get the truth.Ain't it great to be on the Official Forum.

this is the best forum.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 10:04AM »

Agreed!!!
Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

Let the dream come true SOMEDAY

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 07:51AM »

This reminds me of an Amazon review I saw once for one of the Celtic Woman products. I think it was one of their DVDs, and the angry reviewer was very mad that the redheaded model on the cover did not perform in it. He said something like, "I bought this DVD because it had a gorgeous redhead on it, but it turned out to be a deceiving ripoff. I want my money back!"

It was actually a pretty amusing review, but unfortunately, I can't find it on Amazon anymore.

Guardian of the Rose's 10th post
i
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 05:39AM by Guardian of the Rose » Logged

I know...my signature is just...awesome! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: