Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Órla concert in Statesville, NC  (Read 39797 times)
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2010, 03:21PM »

Oh, so she'll be signing at the concert as well!  Cool!  Thanks for all the information, Joe! Smiley  I'm looking forward to this so much!

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2010, 06:36PM »

God Bless our Orlagh! I believe she would stay until every last picture/CD/DVD or whatever was signed!!

I am SOOOO excited that her concert has received such an overwhelming response. She has worked so hard this year and deserves all the recognition that is coming her way.

GO ORLAGH!!!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
greenfire6
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2010, 07:21PM »

How exciting!

Órla winning hearts one at a time... in this case about EIGHT HUNDRED ON THE NIGHT... one at a time!  Cheesy

Go Órla go!!!!!!!!!!!!
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2010, 01:10PM »

Go Orla!

I just got an email message from Joan Harrelson, of the Iredell Concert Association, saying that Orla's Christmas Concert this Saturday (7:30 pm EST) at the Mac Gray Auditorium is sold out!  Based on earlier communications with the Association, I suspect this may be their first sold out Concert.  Since the seats are not assigned, I'm planning to get there early to make sure I get a good one, and recommend you do the same.  Moreover, I hope to see many Fellow Forumites there.

Bob

CWLisaFan
Choir Member

« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2010, 01:35PM »

Go Orla!

I just got an email message from Joan Harrelson, of the Iredell Concert Association, saying that Orla's Christmas Concert this Saturday (7:30 pm EST) at the Mac Gray Auditorium is sold out!  Based on earlier communications with the Association, I suspect this may be their first sold out Concert.  Since the seats are not assigned, I'm planning to get there early to make sure I get a good one, and recommend you do the same.  Moreover, I hope to see many Fellow Forumites there.

Bob

I got the same email!  So excited! This will be my first time to see Orlagh!  I cannot wait!!!!!  Cheesy

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2010, 02:50PM »

Oh this makes me so happy! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
greenfire6
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2010, 03:05PM »

You lucky Tarheels!

Here is the beautiful auditorium Órla has sold out all by herself!

Image credited to JCI Photos- Ian Curcio

I got curious so looked around and found the image here:
http://livability.com/photo/mac-gray-auditorium-0

Its actually a High School audiorium. Obviously a very nice one! I think the seating is 800 but I couldn't confirm that. The night is described as "An Intimate Evening with Órla Fallon" on NC events pages all over the internet.

Go Órla go!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:36AM by greenfire6 » Logged
MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2010, 04:58PM »

WOW!  That is not what I was expecting for a high school auditorium.  I wish I had a reserved front row seat; I'll just have to get there extra early with the rest of you!

Mike

carl

« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2010, 05:06PM »

Anybody have a guess on how early to get in line?
Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2010, 06:05PM »

Those center-stage-view rows look like they're 16-20 seats across; so the front three rows will go to the first 50-or-so folks into the auditorium.  Lining up by 5:30-6:00 should put you in the first 50, don't you think?  Huh
  This will be Iredell Concerts' biggest crowd ever.  Normally, their crowds number in the dozens, this one will be in the hundreds; so I hope they have enough ushers to guarantee orderly behavior among us crazed Orla fanatics.  Shocked         

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2010, 06:59PM »

Those center-stage-view rows look like they're 16-20 seats across; so the front three rows will go to the first 50-or-so folks into the auditorium.  Lining up by 5:30-6:00 should put you in the first 50, don't you think?  Huh
  This will be Iredell Concerts' biggest crowd ever.  Normally, their crowds number in the dozens, this one will be in the hundreds; so I hope they have enough ushers to guarantee orderly behavior among us crazed Orla fanatics.  Shocked         

As the email said, people from all over the country will be there.   We resemble that remark!   Tongue Cheesy

CWLisaFan
Choir Member

« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2010, 07:34PM »

You going to save Katharine, me, and our mom a seat, Joe, if you beat us there? hahahaha Cheesy

SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2010, 07:50PM »

I am absolutely THRILLED for Orlagh!!

Sold-out concerts, people lining up early for a seat.....dare I say, Orlagh is attaining rock star status ( without the rock star attitude! ).

GO ORLAGH GO!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2010, 08:56PM »

I will try and get there as early as possible! I have to work until roughly two o'clock  Sad so no signing for me...but my mom and I plan to leave early enough to get good seats. However, my mom cannot stand for long periods of time so I'm hoping all of you wonderful forumites would be willing to save our place in line if she needs to go to the car and sit.

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
greenfire6
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2010, 09:30PM »

I am absolutely THRILLED for Orlagh!!
Sold-out concerts, people lining up early for a seat.....dare I say, Orlagh is attaining rock star status ( without the rock star attitude! ).
GO ORLAGH GO!!

I am thrilled for Órla too. This reported sellout seems significant to me becuase my perception is there is no PBS in play.

If this is in fact the first Iredell Concert Association (ICA) sellout it seems to me cake and Champaign are in order. A really big sheet cake that boldly says SOLD OUT ON ÓRLA and a few bottles of Champaign (the really big ones. LOL!) Then Órla and the ICA can meet afterwards and celebrate with Órla getting the first slice of cake and the first sip of the bubbly!  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: