Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Órla concert in Statesville, NC  (Read 39643 times)
Tennessee

« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2010, 10:47PM »

Zee Sorry I missed the signing at Borders I have read it was awesome and I did arrive home safe.  No snow in South Ga today!

John 20:29
Bagboy

Gee, I wish I was Irish!

« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2010, 11:59AM »

Well, most of us are back home now after a wonderful experience with Orla in Statesville last night!  Here is a link to Mike's (Mr. Peabody) review and photos from the show he has posted on the Mairead forum: http://maireadforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3957.msg66438#msg66438

I'll get to work on one myself, to add my perspective on a few things.  Here is one of the group photos (which actually was Orla's idea!) taken with Mike's camera by one of Orla's staff and which might include some familiar faces:

Depicted are, beginning back row L-R: Starman (me), Phill and Susan Meeks, Mike (Mr. Peabody); Front row: I appologize I didn't get her name, Lifeismusic2009, Heather Meeks, one--ahem, Ms. Orla Fallon, Kelli and Zee.

We folks shown there made up the front row centre section at the show.  We had many forum members on the second row centre section as well, whom I hope will also post with their observations. 

Thank you so much for posting this picture, John!!! 

The lady in the front row that is listed as "I appologize I didn't get her name,"  is Beverly Krebs (bj1111purple).  She was attending the concert on her birthday and lives about 50 miles from the venue.  She was thrilled beyond belief when she fould out that Órlagh would be appearing so close to home on her birthday, and this opportunity to meet Órlagh, and then be surprised that Kelli and Zee were there has got her on cloud nine!!!.

Bev has lost her log-on information for the forum, so I'm passing on her name and information, so she can be identified and recognized.  Wish that I could have joined you all, but  I hope to have the opportunity to see Órlagh in concert sometime in 2011 a little closer to home.   Thank you so much John and Mike for sharing your observations with us.

Gary M Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin

Anyone who loves Celtic Woman and Meat Loaf can't be all bad!
Banner by MLB! Thank you Smiley
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2010, 04:40PM »

Kristine and I are working on a review, but since this is exams week, we probably won't be able to finish it until Thursday!  But, we just wanted everyone to know!  We definitely want to share our experience with everyone.   Smiley

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2010, 05:24PM »

Kristine and I are working on a review, but since this is exams week, we probably won't be able to finish it until Thursday!  But, we just wanted everyone to know!  We definitely want to share our experience with everyone.   Smiley

We look forward to it, Katharine!  I wish you all could have waited around for the group photo! 

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2010, 05:29PM »

Well, most of us are back home now after a wonderful experience with Orla in Statesville last night!  Here is a link to Mike's (Mr. Peabody) review and photos from the show he has posted on the Mairead forum: http://maireadforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3957.msg66438#msg66438

I'll get to work on one myself, to add my perspective on a few things.  Here is one of the group photos (which actually was Orla's idea!) taken with Mike's camera by one of Orla's staff and which might include some familiar faces:

Depicted are, beginning back row L-R: Starman (me), Phill and Susan Meeks, Mike (Mr. Peabody); Front row: I appologize I didn't get her name, Lifeismusic2009, Heather Meeks, one--ahem, Ms. Orla Fallon, Kelli and Zee.

We folks shown there made up the front row centre section at the show.  We had many forum members on the second row centre section as well, whom I hope will also post with their observations. 

Thank you so much for posting this picture, John!!! 

The lady in the front row that is listed as "I appologize I didn't get her name,"  is Beverly Krebs (bj1111purple).  She was attending the concert on her birthday and lives about 50 miles from the venue.  She was thrilled beyond belief when she fould out that Órlagh would be appearing so close to home on her birthday, and this opportunity to meet Órlagh, and then be surprised that Kelli and Zee were there has got her on cloud nine!!!.

Bev has lost her log-on information for the forum, so I'm passing on her name and information, so she can be identified and recognized.  Wish that I could have joined you all, but  I hope to have the opportunity to see Órlagh in concert sometime in 2011 a little closer to home.   Thank you so much John and Mike for sharing your observations with us.

Gary M Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin

Thanks to you Gary for ID'ing Beverly for us!  I've modified the post to include her name now.  She certainly was an active participant there and on the front row during the show!  Cool

greenfire6
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2010, 05:43PM »

Kristine and I are working on a review, but since this is exams week, we probably won't be able to finish it until Thursday!  But, we just wanted everyone to know!  We definitely want to share our experience with everyone.   Smiley

Take your time ladies. Get those all important exams behind you then let 'er rip! Grin

Kidding aside I look forward to what you'll have for us! (Isn't Órla the best Wink)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:02PM by greenfire6 » Logged
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2010, 06:15PM »

We look forward to it, Katharine!  I wish you all could have waited around for the group photo! 

We were there!  We didn't know you were!!  We thought you all had left and were wondering why no one said goodbye!  We were sad.  Sad  But oh well.  We got to see Orlagh again and take one last photo and chat for a few with her. Cheesy  As Katharine said, just have to get these exams out of the way and then we'll get the review posted!  It will be so much fun re-living the experience as we type it up! Smiley

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2010, 08:54PM »

Kristine and Katherine, I was so glad to finally get the chance to meet you both AND your lovely Mom. We wondered where you had gotten to! We never would have let you leave without saying good-bye. Sorry!

Looking forward to your review - it was a special evening shared with a very special lady and some very special friends!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: