Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Celtic Woman song(s) mean(s) the most to you and why?  (Read 12360 times)
bigCWfan17

3/15...The day I FINALLY saw/met Celtic Woman :)

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 06:48AM »

The songs that mean the most to me are these four...
1. True Colors
2. You Raise Me Up
3. You'll Be In My Heart
4. Sing out
These songs mean the most to mean because they are all about staying true to yourself and no matter what you will always have someone to rely on Smiley

"You are enough. You are so enough. It's unbelievable how enough you are."-- Sierra Boggess
gcerny12

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 10:05PM »

The song that resides at the top of my list for this category without question is The Voice. I was going through some rough times with my grandmother when I first saw ANJ on PBS. I liked all the songs but the one that really just grabbed my soul and lifted me up was The Voice. Things happen when they are supposed to happen and I guess at that particular instance in time that song was exactly what I needed to help get through that little rough spot. It still does the same thing to me now that it did back then. Seeing Lisa perform this song in person had an even more profound effect than seeing it on DVD. Grandma is now 96 and slowly declining. And having to watch that  every day kinda wears on a person. But I have the DVD"S and one live show under my belt that helps my spirits. Albuquerque is my next live show. Wish I could see Lisa perform The Voice again like in Lubbock last Nov.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:13PM by gcerny12 » Logged

My alter-ego when not listening to or watching CW. 
By Joe Palomine
MaryNorth93
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 06:32AM »

The Soft Goodbye. It's such an incredible haunting and beautiful song, and the lyrics are so touching. That the people you love never really leave you, you keep them at heart, and you'll meet them again..

Luckily, I haven't had the experience of losing someone who is very close to me, but when I do, I know this song will be helpfull.
Jennifer
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 11:06AM »

Galway Bay is a song that means a lot to me because it helps me go to a place where I feel happy and free... The song also means a lot to me because I can listen to it and feel much calmer than I did before I listened to that song...
cowgirl123091<3'scelticwoman!

chloes my hero!

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 09:08PM »

the song "you raise me up" gets me everytime for many reasons, i cant hear it without thinking of the amazing teachers i have had over the 13 years of school i have had, one teacher inparticular, my old hs english teacher is the reason i want to become an english teacher someday:)
the other song that makes me tear up is "the prayer" because that was played at my older sisters wedding and now that i dont see her everyday like i used to i miss her alot and play it whenever i want to feel near her though we live in the same city. shes pretty much the best:)

LoveLisaKelly
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 01:22PM »

The soft goodbye, its so a emotional song, it really helps me to forget bad things.
You raise me up, its the same, it makes feeling better Cheesy
And Caledonia <3

by me
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 01:20AM »

Cheesy Thanks for the beautiful thread and inspiring stories...you can see right here why C W is so meaningful to so many.
     I love the beautiful Gaelic songs even though I do not know what they are saying...the melodies are so lovely
     and cheerful, even the laments Like "Newry Boat Song" Or "Cade' Sin Don" or many others..these fine singers from
     Ireland tear our heart strings..and make us glad for who we are...as they sing all kind of songs..so there is a little
     something for everyone...and most muscians love and admire them and David...and the rest.... Great thread ! ! !
shankdee
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 01:50AM by shankdee » Logged

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
CelticFlower6989

Team Dúlamán!

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 10:04PM »

There are many songs that speak to me in a special way.
When You Believe- I have always loved this song. I think the lyrics send a powerful message to stay strong and be who you are and
                           don't let anyone get in your way. My life isn't the best right now and this song AlWaYs keeps me going.

Nil S'en La- Its a song that gets me in a good mood after a tough day. I love how the Gaelic words just flow with the music and the
                 music just speaks to me.

Mo Ghile Mear- A song that makes me wanna get up and sing and twirl my flag! (I'm in marching band lol) It makes me wanna stand
                      up for what's right.

Thanks to Celtic Woman, we all have a taste of true music :-)
CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 10:20PM »

There are two CW songs that mean the most to me. One is for a sad reason and one is for a happy reason. The sad one is Caledonia. Because I heard it for the first time a couple of days before my girlfriend of almost 5 years committed suicide and it made me feel like she had been my Caledonia. Not a place but a person that my heart would always belong to.

The happy one is You'll Be In My Heart because eventually I healed a bit and learned to love again and saw that in Chicago with the most wonderful girl. That's you, tc. You'll always be in my heart and I know I'll be in yours too. Smiley

Chris

Jennifer
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 10:25PM »

When You Believe now means the most to me, besides Galway Bay, because it helps give me hope. When I listen to it, I know things are going to be OK.
I've also loved this song ever since I first heard Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston sing it in The Prince of Egypt, and I've rediscovered this song because of Celtic Woman Smiley
tc84
Total Fanatic

"Everywhere you go let your dreams surround you!"

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010, 05:28AM »

There are two CW songs that mean the most to me. One is for a sad reason and one is for a happy reason. The sad one is Caledonia. Because I heard it for the first time a couple of days before my girlfriend of almost 5 years committed suicide and it made me feel like she had been my Caledonia. Not a place but a person that my heart would always belong to.

The happy one is You'll Be In My Heart because eventually I healed a bit and learned to love again and saw that in Chicago with the most wonderful girl. That's you, tc. You'll always be in my heart and I know I'll be in yours too. Smiley

Chris

TC, she will always be your Caledonia or ONE Caledonia i think our hearts are big enough to carry more than just one "Caledonia" ...

Yes, "You'll be in my Heart" will always be one of the songs meaning the most to me too! One of the most wonderful moments in Chicago i will cherish forever! It means the world to me!  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss i LOVE YOU TC and you'll be always in my heart that's for sure!!!!  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

------------------------------------------

Another song meaning a lot to me is "Spanish Lady" because it was that song which got me into CW.
"Send me a Song" opened my heart...
"Newgrange" was one of the first songs i heard sung by Órlagh and it got me right away!
"Caledonia" means a lot to me because i listened to it when i left Ipswich the day i moved back to Germany and it eased my pain when i had so many doubts about my decision...

There are many more songs. Most of Órlagh's songs with CW mean the world to me but it's more just a feeling i associate with it then an explainable reason...

(For the records: i know what Caledonia actually is and where it is and that there is actually just one real Caledonia before some of you think i totally lost it now...  Cheesy)

Lots of Love!!!
coco xxx

"I think as a women we have so many other things to do in life, very important things, but also we have to be mothers and to support our children and guide them. Because (...) we all need guidance, don´t we?"
(C Zeta Jone 2005)
Lugiahua

"Goodnight and joy be to you all" - Parting Glass

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 11:34PM »

You Raise Me Up:
This is the first CW song I heard, someone sent it to my FB profile. and just beautiful

Amazing Grace:
Third song I heard from CW (second one was Mo Ghile Mear), and because I think I am religious.
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 12:18AM »

You Raise Me Up : This song is very special because I can listen this at every moment of my life : when I'm Happy, sad... It is very special.
Mo Ghile Mear : This song is the most beautiful song I've ever listen, before I didn't know this kind of music and the lyric are very emotional, very strong... !
O, America : Even I'm not an American, this song touched me a lot : The music, the lyric... are gorgeous

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Spooky

Heaven must be missing angels

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 06:23PM »

Okay, the song that means the most to me, personally is Lisa Kelly's 'Fields of Gold'
However, it is not for a typical reason you may think.

To tell this story I have to go back... must be near on 10 years ago now. It was a Friday morning (strange how little details are always remembered). Summer holidays, so I was having a lie in, listening to the radio, and I heard Eva Cassidy's version of Fields of Gold. This was the first time I had ever heard this song, and I enjoyed it. For a minute. That was when my mother came into my bedroom. Our next-door neighbour, who I had been very good friends with since I can remember had suffered a heart attack the night before and passed away. Well, that was it for Fields of Gold. In the way only a 13year old brain does, I labelled it as a bad song, and refused to listen to it ever again.

Now, I bring the story forward 10 years to 2010. I had been an avid Celtic Woman fan for a few years by this point, and wasn't going to miss out because I live in the UK, so I was buying the DVD's off Amazon. Songs from the Heart arrived in the post, and the second song in... you guessed it. Fields of Gold. I didn't know what to do at the time, I just literally froze, and couldn't think. Couldn't cry either, which is probably a good thing, else it would have released the flood gates. Anyway, I digress. It was the most beautiful sound I had ever heard in the world. I was able to get through the whole song, and break the mental-block I had with it.

So, that is the story of why Field of Gold means so much to me, and why Lisa K will always be an important figure in my mind.

Blessed be, Lisa. Thank you.

Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2011, 12:20PM »

For me it's The Voice.
It started my CW obsession!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: