Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dea-Slán Máiréad  (Read 2106 times)
callen
« on: July 28, 2010, 08:37PM »

Dearest Máiréad,

This concert tour is ending soon and I will be there to see the last of the Songs from the Heart concerts live at the Red Rocks amphitheater.  It will be the second Celtic Woman concert I have been privileged to experience live.  It was an accident that I was even at the Helix Theater that Wednesday evening in mid September 2004.  But I was and that started the love affair between me and one very diminutive, very beautiful green eyed blonde fiddler/violinist from Loughmore, County Tipperary.  This Irish girl with immense energy, immense talent and immense presence took my heart by storm and I was never the same again.

She has also saved my life, changed my life and brought peace to my soul, with her beautiful music, her wonderful dancing and incredible Irish magic.  For that I will always be grateful to you Máiréad Nesbitt, and I’ll always love you.  I know that I will probably never be able to thank you in person, but I can and have thanked you through these many heartfelt posts. It will have to be enough, although it will never be enough.

The first Celtic Woman Concert I ever attended will be almost six years to the day from the last Celtic Woman I will ever attend.  The years in between have been filled with that Irish magic you dispense so freely and with such love and compassion.  The fire you bring to your performances, the passion incarnate that you become when you dance and play, the beauty of your magnificent music and the beauty coursing clear through you and shining in your lovely eyes.    All these things make you the very special woman that you are, unique and beautiful, caring and loving, but most of all touching everyone you meet deeply and permanently.

I am withdrawing darling girl from the field.  I will always have you in my thoughts and prayers, and forever in my heart.  I’ll follow your career and applaud your success from the background, but know that I will be there somewhere cheering you on.  Be careful my beautiful Irish maiden, don’t do more than you can, although I know that you will.  I care about you and worry about you, but from this point on I will do so silently and to myself.

You have given me much joy through your performances Máiréad and an unforgettable experience.  If there truly are angels walking amongst us then you are just such an angel.  For those of us that you have touched so deeply and so completely with your magic, you are an angel, an angel of mercy.  Thank you Máiréad, thank you so very much. 

Amhlaidh ar feadh an ama an-deireanach, Mo bhean Gaeilge milis,

Bealtaine go léir do bhóithre a mhín ó,
Féadfaidh an siúlóid le Dia maith leat agus tú ag breathnú thar gach lá de do shaol.
Ó mo chroí chun do chroí Máiréad,
Beidh mo ghuí libh i gcónaí
Beidh mo ghrá siúl i gcónaí in aice leat

Dea-Slán, Máiréad.
Siúl i tsíocháin agus an grá
Tá tú i mo smaointe agus paidreacha i gcónaí, agus go domhain in mo chroí chomh maith

Le Gra
Allen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: