Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HUGE Órlagh & Méav Alert!  (Read 93356 times)
L.A. Girl

« Reply #300 on: September 04, 2010, 02:01PM »

Mike,

Thanks so much for the review and the pictures; I can only imagine what the DVD will be like!

Dianne
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #301 on: September 04, 2010, 02:34PM »

Hey when are you putting some of your pictures up Starman?

Probably tomorrow, Becky.  I'll be tied up until then.  I'm a little disappointed with the quality of them, as the lighting was bad in the lobby and they appear grainy when I lighten them up.  Hopefully some good photographers were present who will also post theirs!   Smiley

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #302 on: September 04, 2010, 03:56PM »

Kelli, thanks for the link to the review! Sounds like the show was amazing. I can't wait to see it for myself. I also signed up to your mailing list. Can't wait to find out what you have in store for us!

Mike, Excellent review! It's what I'm gonna have to live by until I can see the show for myself this Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing!
aNDy
« Reply #303 on: September 04, 2010, 05:31PM »

My detailed review is here if anyone's interested.  And my cover has been blown on both Órla's web site and her Facebook page; I can't hide anymore!
wow, thanks for the great review. Smiley
Maggie
« Reply #304 on: September 04, 2010, 06:40PM »

Dave has been editing his movie clips all afternoon, he has some great ones taken during the interval.
He didn't take any during the filming of course.
He has some nice shots during the dinner......he is trying to work out how to capture still photos from the video.

I hope to see some of the ones taken by Forum friends at breakfast on Friday....they should be very funny!!!

The filming at TPAC was amazing, the people who left early really missed a treat....even though I fell asleep while they were rearranging everything. I woke up and we were there until almost midnight!
Órlagh was so wonderful with all of us......she kept saying "You all look fabulous!" and I don't know how many times she thanked us for being there.
Seeing Méav again was very moving, especially when she and Órlagh sang so beautifully together,
I think there were a few damp eyes in the audience!  
I had never seen David Archuleta before, he has a great voice and was very sweet, Órlagh has adopted him as her new baby brother. He was very generous with his fans too.
I had never heard of Mark Wills either, but I like what I have learned......not only is he a good Country Singer, but he has visited our Troops in the Middle East several times, and actively supports several Charities including the Childrens' Miracle Network. Part of the profits from his latest CD "Familiar Stranger" go to the CMN. http://markwills.musiccitynetworks.com/index.htm

"Starman" had very kindly given his 2 spare tickets to Cathy and her friend Holly, they enjoyed it immensely.
Thankyou so much John......YOU ROCK!!!
We got to the theatre about 5:30pm and stood in line, but then something happened. I remembered I got a call from PBS a few days ago asking me to be at Will-Call at 6:15 to get my tickets. I had forgotten I had pledged for 2 tickets just in case I didn't get the others. So I went to the Will-Call at 6:15pm and got 2 more tickets, and we transferred to the PBS line. When we got into the theatre, some of the Forum Gang were in the Orchestra Pit seats calling to us, they had saved some seats. So we were on the second row, inches from the stage. Thankyou!!!
The atmosphere was great and very festive, with everyone dressed for Christmas.
Other Forum Members who were there have already described the songs and wonderful voices....it was truly a wonderful experience and a great privilege to be there. All the artists, especially Órlagh, were very patient when they were called back on stage several times. It must have been very tiring, no wonder they were forgetting the words towards the end!
Órlagh, Méav and David Archuleta were staying at the Doubletree, and we saw them several times.
Órlagh and Méav each came over to chat to us on Thursday morning, they were so sweet and kind!

When we were all getting ready to leave on Friday morning, after a great "Forum Gathering" at breakfast,
we saw Órlagh and Méav again.

We will treasure the memories made in Nashville.....time spent talking, laughing and eating with wonderful friends, a unique experience with first-rate artists, watching the making of a fantastic Christmas DVD.....and the magic and wonder  of Órlagh and Méav....what more could anyone want?

I have other memories to share later.....little fun moments, and the sheer joy of sharing them with Cathy.....

April 2007 was the only other time I had ever been to Nashville....I went to Vanderbilt Hospital to see Cathy after her almost-fatal accident. She was in bad shape, nobody thought she would ever regain use of her legs or arms.
Her legs had to be rebuilt during months of painful surgery, and loss of income added to her worries.
With courage and determination, she proved the doctors wrong.....and I'm so glad she did.
It was great to see how much she enjoyed her first experience of Órlagh and Méav LIVE!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 06:47PM by Maggie » Logged
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #305 on: September 04, 2010, 07:47PM »

I don't think anybody said it yet, but it was not only Órla at her finest but it was also A-Méav-ing!  I was up for 22 hours on Thursday and it was worth every minute.  I finally got to meet Méav!  It was great to see old and new friends from all the forums, all together to support and celebrate two of the loveliest people on the planet.  As much as I hate cold weather, I can't wait for Thanksgiving.

My detailed review is here if anyone's interested.  And my cover has been blown on both Órla's web site and her Facebook page; I can't hide anymore!

Great review,Mike! As far as your cover being blown, you picked the wrong tie to hide with! LOL It was great to see you again.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
aNDy
« Reply #306 on: September 04, 2010, 08:34PM »

Has anyone been to the Parthenon in Nashville? Is it worth visiting? I'm looking for a place to spend my Friday morning in Nashville before heading back home..  Smiley

It most certainly is worth visiting! It's a scale model of the Parthenon of Athens.  A beautiful place!

I agree, John. It definitely is worth a visit and I believe that it is the ONLY model of the Parthenon built to the exact scale of the ancient wonder in Greece.
Zee

I agree, definitely visit it.  It's been years since I was there, but it is quite impressive.
Thanks for your advices. I actually did go see it yesterday morning. I didn't tour the inside but it was kinda cool to just walk around and pretend I'm in Greece.. lol. I really liked it.. and the park was clean and beautiful. It was HUGE! Best urban park I've ever seen in my life.
Artist1

« Reply #307 on: September 05, 2010, 08:46AM »

Ok where to start, I've waited a couple of days to gather my thoughts especially being the first time meeting so many from the forum for the first time. I have to start by thanking Kelli, if it wasn't for her I would never have started the journey I've been on since 2007, that is trying to do portraits of all CW past and present and to present them to each and everyone. It was Kelli who put me in touch with this forum and Rich who put me in touch with CW Ltd. in order to get my work to the girls. Kelli I love you and Rich I love you man. The two of you have created something incredible and have touched my life deeply.
   The show absolutely the best Christmas Show I have ever seen and even beats White Christmas I've been watching since I was a boy. The arrangements were out of this world, Orla you are better than ever and what a group you put together. If it wasn't for Orla having this I would have never got her Birthday present to her and this great portrait of Meav to her. Thank you dear Orla and thank you Meav for accepting this humble work of art from someone you never even heard of. I just hope you didn't notice me boo hooing when you gave me that hug, I tried to hide it, you know us big men we don't cry for anything. I've had nothing but sadness in my life since I was very young to shed tears over, for the first time in my life I shed tears of Joy. Kelli those where tears of joy when I finally met you after knowing you for all these years. You are an amazing person.
   I'd also like to thank Zee, you are the best. It was just great to meet lots of you again and many for the first time, I definitely have to make a forum fest the next time. I just wish we had the stamina to stay with the group as long as everyone else did, Brenda was in bad shape and I didn't have much left either so we are sorry we didn't have much of a chance to say goodbye to all.
   Dinner was amazing with so many forum people there and so many to meet. I hope to post more although with the economy in a tailspin and my commisions down a ton I've taken up two part time jobs to make ends meet and Brenda hasn't worked since May because of the oil spill. So working three jobs at my age keeps me exhausted all the time.
   Finally I'll post the two portraits of Orla and Meav, Orla's was done for her birthday last year and I thought I could send it to her via Kelli but the cost was prohibitive, thanks to Orla and everyone mission accomplished just a wee bit late.

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #308 on: September 05, 2010, 03:00PM »

Stan, it was great to finally meet you and Brenda.  I hadn't seen your Meav portrait...it's beautiful!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #309 on: September 05, 2010, 05:20PM »

Stan, it was a pleasure to meet you and Brenda! I enjoyed speaking with you both and I am so glad you finally got to hand deliver your portraits to Meav and Orlagh.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Artist1

« Reply #310 on: September 05, 2010, 07:50PM »

Stan, it was great to finally meet you and Brenda.  I hadn't seen your Meav portrait...it's beautiful!

Thanks Kelli, I even had trouble parting with it as I only finished framing it the day before we left.

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #311 on: September 05, 2010, 07:55PM »

Here are some of mine from and after the filming:

Meav and Orla on stage after the filming.

Tom, Andi & Mike, courtesy of Margie with Brickhouse.

Tom, Andi and Walter in the theatre after filming.

Tom with Meav in theatre after filming.

Maggie with Orla at hotel after filming.  Bruce and Cathy in background.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 08:30AM by Starman » Logged

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #312 on: September 05, 2010, 11:04PM »

I cannot see the pics til I get home...Maggie what a wonderful review...thanks so much..it was almost like being there.

Shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #313 on: September 06, 2010, 06:09AM »

Just wondering here...

Has anyone heard anything about any Christmas concerts in conjunction with the DVD release? Did anyone ask Orla or her manager about that? Granted it could never be a full tour, per se, yet I would think that she could do a few in some major cities like Boston, NY, Philly, Chicago, etc., make a few dollars, and still be home in time for Christmas. 

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
paladin

« Reply #314 on: September 06, 2010, 10:35PM »

Thanks MIke loved the review! Grin
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: