Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HUGE Órlagh & Méav Alert!  (Read 93366 times)
Maggie
« Reply #315 on: September 07, 2010, 12:23AM »

The picture below was taken by Margie for Órlagh's official website.
It's not very clear, but I used sparkly iron-on designs to make the following message on a plain black T-shirt
(couldn't get the fada on the O) :

We

Órla

Just below my left shoulder is a pin with the crossed flags (Ireland & USA)
Just below that is a shooting star, in reference to Órla's song on her "Distant Shore" CD.
On my right side are the wonderful buttons made by talented Forum members.
I'm holding my green Santa hat, Dave has his red Santa hat tucked under his arm.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 03:00AM by Maggie » Logged
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #316 on: September 08, 2010, 02:31PM »

A nice article about the taping:  http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5760076/orla_fallon_meav_david_archuleta_and.html?cat=2

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #317 on: September 11, 2010, 08:54AM »

ok.....now that the crazy first days of school are over it's time for my review of Orlagh's PBS special taping:
Obviously for all who attended, seeing Orlagh was THE best part of our time together, but I have to say it was great seeing all my Forum friends again (Rich, Kelli, Zee, Chris, Joe, Kathy, Mike , Tom, just everybody!!!) and meeting some great new ones Maggie and Dave, Charlie and Norma,, Marie France, Sandi, Maggie's friend Cathy, Stan And Brenda, ..so many I can't begin to name you all...so to everyone Thanks for being there, so glad we all got to meet!!!
The dinner was great and introductions were made all around..and yes, I AM AN ORLAGHOLIC Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
We all enjoyed some great food and companionship and Maggie you are just a HOOT!!!!
You know I always love hearing about your unqiue perspective on Ireland, and it was great to finally meet you and Dave.
On to the SHOW!!!!!!
So at the Polk center they had 2 lines , one for PBS pledgers and one for those with ticket vouchers. Now I had pledged for 2 tickets for Rich and Chris and had a voucher for my ticket, so I swapped with Rich and got in the pledged line. As it worked out Rich and Chris sat with Kell and Zee right in the front row. SO when they let people in, there were empty seats in front right next to Chris, so I sat next to Chris and had a great view of everything.
So after the preliminaries with Denny and the director out comes Orlagh to ROUSING applause in a stunning Gold dress and looking incredibly beautiful as always. It was easy to see the surprise on her face as she realized how many familiar faces there were.
The music was wonderful and it was apparent to all, just how much Orlagh loves performing and doing something special for her audience. She is JUST AMAZING!!!!!!
For me the highlight was when they stopped taping and Orlagh came to the front to say hello to us and eventually she came over and looked around and said "Where's my friend Bruce?" and spotting me through the lights, knelt down in front of me (I was sooo afraid she'd trip on her dress or the lights) and bent down and gave me a hug and a kiss... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could hardly speak..... except to say how great it was to see her again!
Yeah..me speechless again...ONLY Orlagh can do that!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Orlagh, I cannot even begin to tell you how much that meant to me.
The entire show was just amazing and Orlagh, Maev, Dave everyone did a great job.
A HUGE Thanks here to Denny Young and his staff for everything they do for Orlagh. I know from experience that a huge amount of time and effort goes into a project such as this, and you know by talking with them they all Love Orlagh just as we do..what a GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also a HUGE Thanks to PBS and NPT for their support of musicians, especially Orlagh, but all the music PBS brings to the public...it's a wonderful thing!!!!!!!!!
Anyway..we all headed back to the Hotel after the show...trying to absorb what we'd just been a part of and I realized the Still Smiling Club just grew by LEAPS AND BOUNDS!  Woooooooo Hooooo!
After waiting quite some time Orlagh arrived and stopped to talk with folks, though she must have been incredibly tired, as always she loves talking with supporters and this was no exception.
I preferred to just watch and see folks who hadn't met her before have the wonderful experience to get to talk with her face to face for the first time. You never forget that. Ever.
Next morning some of us folks met for breakfast and listened to Maggie's stories and have some great conversation.
Later in the morning Orlagh was talking with Sandi and some friends and when she finished came over to me to say Hello..I got another Huge Orlagh hug (I love those.. Grin )and we talked for a bit about some of her plans for the future before she had to leave.
DON'T ASK CAUSE I AIN"T TELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue
I do know this....
Orlagh, I can never ever begin to repay your kindness to me except to support you in any way I can, and I will do that long as I'm able.
You are a unique and very special Lady and Musician, the likes of which I've never encountered... EVER..and I know all who have had the honor of meeting you will agree.
Thank you so much for inviting us to your taping, and asking us to be a part of something very special.
I heard it said many many times, and I have to say it here..we are all so proud of you and what you have accomplished thus far on your own...and we know things will only grow from here.
You are such a beautiful Soul, you deserve everything!!!!!
Personally I can't wait to see the Still Smiling Club membership in the millions..but that won't be long now, I think!!!
Here's wishing all your dreams come true!
Bruce

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #318 on: September 11, 2010, 10:07AM »

...For me the highlight was when they stopped taping and Orlagh came to the front to say hello to us and eventually she came over and looked around and said "Where's my friend Bruce?" and spotting me through the lights, knelt down in front of me (I was sooo afraid she'd trip on her dress or the lights) and bent down and gave me a hug and a kiss... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could hardly speak..... Bruce

Well, in that case Bruce, this might be a somewhat familiar scene to you!   Tongue Grin

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #319 on: September 11, 2010, 09:44PM »

WOW! A hug and a kiss from Órlagh! I can only imagine what that must have been like! What a night for you, Bruce! Thanks for sharing!
Maggie
« Reply #320 on: September 12, 2010, 12:17AM »

Some suspicious characters were seen hanging around Nashville recently......

Across the street, a celebrity was spotted on a roof near the Batman building:

So we persuaded him not to jump, and I said "Elvis honey, you gotta give up the drugs...."

Then these two babes cuddled up to him....

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 12:19AM by Maggie » Logged
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #321 on: September 12, 2010, 07:15AM »

LOL! And here I thought Elvis had left the building....he just went up on the roof! Wink Grin

Bruce, great review!! It was definitely a magical night never to be forgotten. How many more smileys did that hug and kiss add?!! LOL
It was great to see you again, as always, and to be able to share the evening with so many forum buddies,old and new.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #322 on: September 12, 2010, 03:09PM »

Well, in that case Bruce, this might be a somewhat familiar scene to you!   Tongue Grin

Hey! Thanks for the pic John!

[quote from Zee]
How many more smileys did that hug and kiss add?!! LOL

oh, about a thousand Wink Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #323 on: September 12, 2010, 06:27PM »

Funny pics, Maggie! Cheesy
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #324 on: September 13, 2010, 10:53AM »

Hey this sounds great and I'm sorry I haven't posted before. Does anyone have a set list or can you not reveal the songs yet?

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #325 on: September 13, 2010, 11:02AM »

Oh these pictures made me smile Maggie!! We had such a great time cutting up and walking around town.

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #326 on: September 14, 2010, 07:38PM »

Hey this sounds great and I'm sorry I haven't posted before. Does anyone have a set list or can you not reveal the songs yet?
   Mr. Peabody (Mike) has posted a pretty accurate list in his reivew on the Máiréad fan forum, for those who are interested in getting it now:  http://maireadforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3648.msg61114#msg61114.   I helped him with it at the show, so I know it is pretty close to right on.  Wink Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: