Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Lisa Kelly Song  (Read 3852 times)
orla fan

orla forever

« on: August 16, 2010, 07:55PM »

Which is ur favorite lisa kelly song? mine is The Moons A Harsh Mistress
isle of hope
Total Fanatic

Máiréad rocks!

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:29PM »

The Voice, it's amazing.  I love them all, though.

Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:33PM »

Gah! I voted for The Voice but didn't see Fields of Gold on there at first and I would have voted for that one. I like The Voice also, but FoG is my fav. Smiley

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 11:13PM »

The Voice

No doubt about it at all. In fact, one of the most striking moments from ALL the CW shows, concerts, performances, whatever, is at the end of The Voice. The arms extended up above the head, with the hands out toward the side a bit . The head tilted back a bit. That power pose combined with that powerful hit-and-hold last note. That audio + visual combo just works so well together. Its a show-stopper. Plus with the IoH tour they hit her with the yellow / gold lighting and she had on the yellow/black dress with the golden metal, whats it called? Anyway, they should get a photo of that and sell it so we fans can get it autographed at M&Gs. Or, release an IoH DVD so we can screen grab it ourselves.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 02:19AM »

THE VOICE ! This is the first song of Lisa I've heard Cheesy and that still my favorite song but I love her other solos !!

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PATTY TUCKER
Honorary Roadie

"I bless you... and you bless me too."

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 05:08AM »

I agree, THE VOICE is tops. It has the most powerful words, and she nails the performance. The grace and perfection that she delivers with it lets you feel the song and experience the emotion behind it. (She can do that with any song she sings). She takes you there with her and makes you a part of the song and it's meaning. She doesn't just stand and sing she brings you into the life of the song.

"OUR GIRLS"

"OUR ANGELS"
MaryNorth93
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 05:20AM »

The Voice.. that's Lisa on her finest and the first CW-song I heard. The Moon's A Harsh Mistress is a close second.
btimerson
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 05:29AM »

The Voice
No doubt about it at all. In fact, one of the most striking moments from ALL the CW shows, concerts, performances, whatever, is at the end of The Voice. The arms extended up above the head, with the hands out toward the side a bit . The head tilted back a bit. That power pose combined with that powerful hit-and-hold last note. That audio + visual combo just works so well together. Its a show-stopper. Plus with the IoH tour they hit her with the yellow / gold lighting and she had on the yellow/black dress with the golden metal, whats it called? Anyway, they should get a photo of that and sell it so we fans can get it autographed at M&Gs. Or, release an IoH DVD so we can screen grab it ourselves.
I could not have said it any better!  When I saw CW in concert just under a year ago, I knew I would be seeing the last "live" versions of The Voice.  I told myself to remember these moments (I had 2 chances within 3 days!) because they may never happen again. Each time I heard those opening notes, I'd say to myself "here we go!"  A truly powerful song, seemingly written just for Lisa!  She will always be The Voice to me.  I so miss hearing that song in concert!
Brad

Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 05:37AM »

From this list it was easy for me to choose. "The Moon's A Harsh Mistress" for me blows the other ones out of the water. I am a fan of all of her pieces, but TMAHM for me is nearly as good as "Send Me A Song," which is my all-time favorite Lisa song.

firefly loves lisa k.
Honorary Roadie

Yep. I´m a LisaK.holic!! <3

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 11:39AM »

Where is Caledonia??

Caledonia was the first Lisa-Song I´ve heard, so it means the world to me. I just fell in love with the song, her voice, and HER!!
and
The Moon´s A Harsh Mistress is my new favorite. Lisa put all her feelings into the song! I love it!!! Kiss

<33

by me
I met Lisa Kelly, Lisa Lambe, Chloe Agnew, Mairead Nesbitt
Ich liebe dich! xxx
when_rain_falls
Bodhrán Player

5/7/10 ~ When You Believe!

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 01:31PM »

I voted for The Voice; Cash said it all, and I agree completely! Cheesy But FoG is a clooose second!

I met Chloë and Lynn on May 7th, 2010!!! Grin Grin Grin   

LynnHilaryFan924
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 01:36PM »

From the list The Voice, it's just amazing Smiley

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 01:58PM »

We already have a lengthy "Favorite Lisa Solo Song" thread (http://celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=5037.0) with 6 pages of posts.  We don't need another, especially one that limits people to just a few of her songs.  I'm going to lock this topic.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: