Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Órla Fallon's Celtic Christmas PBS showings  (Read 64664 times)
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2010, 05:42AM »

I found it on KET HD in KY on Tues at 3 AM,Wow,Thank God for DVR's  Roll Eyes

It has a prime time showing on KET2 at 8 p.m. on Friday December 3.  Smiley

bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2010, 09:19AM »

Do You Hear What I Hear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS9jwKr4QCI

OMG!
*In tears*

Tears and goosebumps when Meav joined Orla.......woo hoo, get to watch over and over and over
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2010, 09:33AM »

Celtic Corner: A Special Holiday Edition
It's going to be a wonderful holiday season filled with Orla Fallon. Orla was one of the founding members of Celtic Woman and has since left to pursue her own solo career, and rightfully so. She outgrew Celtic Woman, as she and Meav (she only needs one name) were the most developed vocally, incorporating their own Irish lilts into the beauty of their instruments. While Orla's first solo album apart from Celtic Woman left me a little cold and disappointed, I find that her holiday albums are spectacularly Orla. One is Orla Fallon's Celtic Christmas, which aired on PBS as a special as well, with special guests Vince Gill, David Archuleta, Anuna, and Meav Ni Mhaolchatha.

Celtic Christmas is reminiscent of Celtic Woman but more traditionally Irish. This is what Christmas music should sound like: ethereal and sophisticated. Orla teams up with former Celtic Woman friend Meav on "Do You Hear What I Hear," where their voices complement each other perfectly, reflecting the purity of the song's intended message.  She joins Orla on "O Holy Night" for the DVD. Vince Gill joins Orla on "Little Drummer Boy," which I tend to not take seriously as a song after The Office. Orla and Vince's sounds are so different, but they work well together, even with perfect harmony. Vince even adopts the Orla's signature hilly notations. On the DVD, Orla sings this with Mark Wills. David Archuleta guests on "Oiche Chiuin/Silent Night," where Orla sings in Gaelic and David in English, alternating verses. He also guests on the DVD's "Patapan." My favorite track is "A' Soalin (Soul Cake)," which Orla sings herself. It's up-tempo and light-hearted, something we don't get much from Orla. "Bells of Christmas" is beautiful and flowing, with moments reminiscent of Enya. Unfortunately the CD does not have some songs form the DVD unless you get it from PBS, which includes a duet with Jim Brickman and "Here We Come A-Wassailing." I've yet to see the show, but the CD is superb. I'm stoked to hear her version of "Here We Come..."

Winter, Fire, and Snow is undeniably Enya-like, but with more of an Irish lilt than Enya typically has and an Irish zest in the tune. "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" has a beautiful staccato melody that I can easily see a traditional Irish or English folk dance performed along with it. "Bells of Christmas" again appears on this album but longer. "In the Bleak Midwinter" glistens like newly fallen snow, gentle and soft. Orla's voice suits it well. But "Winter, Fire, and Snow" is my favorite, right behind "God Rest..." Orla's voice is like a warm blanket on a cold winter's evening, but it holds a certain ancient element. I feel like I'm in a castle in 400 AD listening to her.

You might as well get the album from PBS to get those extra songs, unlike I did. Grrr. Now I have to spend more money to get my Orla fix, my very favorite Celtic Woman.
Posted by Bobby Drake

http://fornerdseyesonly.blogspot.com/2010/11/celtic-corner-special-holiday-edition.html
MaryNorth93
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2010, 11:07AM »

Do You Hear What I Hear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS9jwKr4QCI

OMG!
*In tears*

Oh my.. This is even better than listening it on the cd. They do have such a sweet interaction, and Méav looks absolutely stunning!  Grin

Celtic Corner: A Special Holiday Edition
It's going to be a wonderful holiday season filled with Orla Fallon. Orla was one of the founding members of Celtic Woman and has since left to pursue her own solo career, and rightfully so. She outgrew Celtic Woman, as she and Meav (she only needs one name) were the most developed vocally, incorporating their own Irish lilts into the beauty of their instruments. While Orla's first solo album apart from Celtic Woman left me a little cold and disappointed, I find that her holiday albums are spectacularly Orla. One is Orla Fallon's Celtic Christmas, which aired on PBS as a special as well, with special guests Vince Gill, David Archuleta, Anuna, and Meav Ni Mhaolchatha.

Celtic Christmas is reminiscent of Celtic Woman but more traditionally Irish. This is what Christmas music should sound like: ethereal and sophisticated. Orla teams up with former Celtic Woman friend Meav on "Do You Hear What I Hear," where their voices complement each other perfectly, reflecting the purity of the song's intended message.  She joins Orla on "O Holy Night" for the DVD. Vince Gill joins Orla on "Little Drummer Boy," which I tend to not take seriously as a song after The Office. Orla and Vince's sounds are so different, but they work well together, even with perfect harmony. Vince even adopts the Orla's signature hilly notations. On the DVD, Orla sings this with Mark Wills. David Archuleta guests on "Oiche Chiuin/Silent Night," where Orla sings in Gaelic and David in English, alternating verses. He also guests on the DVD's "Patapan." My favorite track is "A' Soalin (Soul Cake)," which Orla sings herself. It's up-tempo and light-hearted, something we don't get much from Orla. "Bells of Christmas" is beautiful and flowing, with moments reminiscent of Enya. Unfortunately the CD does not have some songs form the DVD unless you get it from PBS, which includes a duet with Jim Brickman and "Here We Come A-Wassailing." I've yet to see the show, but the CD is superb. I'm stoked to hear her version of "Here We Come..."

Winter, Fire, and Snow is undeniably Enya-like, but with more of an Irish lilt than Enya typically has and an Irish zest in the tune. "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" has a beautiful staccato melody that I can easily see a traditional Irish or English folk dance performed along with it. "Bells of Christmas" again appears on this album but longer. "In the Bleak Midwinter" glistens like newly fallen snow, gentle and soft. Orla's voice suits it well. But "Winter, Fire, and Snow" is my favorite, right behind "God Rest..." Orla's voice is like a warm blanket on a cold winter's evening, but it holds a certain ancient element. I feel like I'm in a castle in 400 AD listening to her.

You might as well get the album from PBS to get those extra songs, unlike I did. Grrr. Now I have to spend more money to get my Orla fix, my very favorite Celtic Woman.
Posted by Bobby Drake

http://fornerdseyesonly.blogspot.com/2010/11/celtic-corner-special-holiday-edition.html

Orla's voice is like a warm blanket on a cold winter's evening, but it holds a certain ancient element. I feel like I'm in a castle in 400 AD listening to her. He got that right, love that line!  Cheesy Great review! Thank you very much for posting Bill.
CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2010, 06:55PM »

I found it on KET HD in KY on Tues at 3 AM,Wow,Thank God for DVR's  Roll Eyes

It has a prime time showing on KET2 at 8 p.m. on Friday December 3.  Smiley
The HD version is always much better than the regular,I still prefer my HD version of Songs From the Heart to my DVD

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2010, 12:07AM »

After reading this thread I got the idea of recording Órlagh's KCET interview with my camera in a slightly better quality, although nothing close to the HD quality of Andy's recording. Enjoy!

Órlagh KCET interview Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, and Part 6.

MIKEY.........THANK YOU SO MUCH ! ! ! ! !     for the info regarding Southern California's dates.............I just noticed her special listed on a channel I can't get in L.A. (I'm actually in San Pedro - the FAR south end of L.A.). We DO get KOCE and KCET from Orange County.

No problem, Gail! Happy to help! Seeing as you're in Orange County, I hope to see you at the Irvine show!

Here's an interview w/ Orla at PBS Atlanta (PBA). I recorded it in HD! Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN-xelCAt5E

Such a wonderful interview! Thanks for sharing, Andy!
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2010, 12:19AM »

Watching it RIGHT NOW!!! Grin Grin

Do You Hear What I Hear? just finished!!!

I was the first one to pledge for tickets!!!! hahaha
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:27AM by Lynn&LisaLover » Logged

Hayley&LisaKFanatic
Bodhrán Player

I'm Lisa K and Hayley's #1 fan!!

« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2010, 07:38AM »

It's coming on tonight for me!! My dad is going to get our tickets then Cheesy

Thanks Michaela  ^^
“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you"- Whinney The Poo
I have OCCWD and OCLK&HWD
April 5th 2011 Cheesy Cheesy
Una Pedrischi is the best choir member!!
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2010, 09:54AM »

Just a reminder for anyone in SC that gets the South Carolina Channel--It's coming on tonight at 10!   Smiley

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2010, 12:28PM »

This is the email they sent reminding me to watch it!!

"Dear Rachel,

We know our ValleyPBS viewers love the group, Celtic Woman. Alone or united, their voices linger with you, capturing the essence of traditional and contemporary Irish music. We are incredibly excited to bring to you this Monday night, December 6th at 8pm, a special performance by a former member of Celtic Woman  Orla Fallon. The show features guest appearances by Orla's former Celtic Woman band mate, Méav, 2008 American Idol runner-up, David Archuleta, and country singer Mark Wills.

The show was taped at the beautiful James K. Polk Theater in Nashville and features delightful holiday classics including "Joy To The World," "I Saw Three Ships," "Do You Hear What I Hear," "The First Noel," "Silent Night," "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas," and many more.

We're pleased to present this delightful holiday program to our viewers and encourage you to watch to learn how you can get tickets to see Orla LIVE in an upcoming Valley performance. ValleyPBS is currently the only place where you can get tickets to her extraordinary show!"

SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2010, 02:34PM »

Philadelphia Phans  - WHYY at 7:30 p.m. tonight and our girl will be in the studio!!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
greenfire6
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2010, 03:22PM »

Thanks to aNDy and MikeyK for creating/posting the links to Órla's recent on air PBS interviews.

I'm in the eye of the storm workwise today so was finally able to sit down and watch them. Órla is amazing! And interviewers must love her 'cause she enjoys chatting and answering questions.

I know I enjoy listening!
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2010, 10:39PM »

Okay here is the schedule for you guys in Oklahoma!!

Tulsa
Orla Fallon's Celtic Christmas
Thursday December 9, 2010 @ 8:00pm on OETA

Oklahoma City
Orla Fallon's Celtic Christmas
Friday December 10, 2010 @ 8:00pm on OETA OKLA

Hayley&LisaKFanatic
Bodhrán Player

I'm Lisa K and Hayley's #1 fan!!

« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2010, 11:15AM »

Philadelphia Phans  - WHYY at 7:30 p.m. tonight and our girl will be in the studio!!!

Zee

I was watching Cheesy We have tickets- M&G! I'm so happy!

Thanks Michaela  ^^
“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you"- Whinney The Poo
I have OCCWD and OCLK&HWD
April 5th 2011 Cheesy Cheesy
Una Pedrischi is the best choir member!!
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2010, 03:22PM »

Zee

I was watching Cheesy We have tickets- M&G! I'm so happy!

Two words: WOOOO HOOOO!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: