Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Órla Fallon's Celtic Christmas PBS showings  (Read 64703 times)
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 12:26PM »

My PBS has not returned my e-mail. Very strange. I expected at least the basic generic "We don't have any info on that at this time, but we will contact you when we get information on that" Either 1 of 2 things is happening. 1. I made someone mad ( I have a way of doing that) 2. Something is in the works but can't be made public yet and they don't want to tell me for fear that I will blab it all over the internet on some fan forum.

Not only is WVIZ in Cleveland going to show the special, but I received this from Robin today:

Not only will we be airing the new Orla Fallon show, she will be here in-studio!  Guess who may have to go work the phones that night?

Tom
I wonder if they will let me volunteer and wear Pittsburgh Steeler clothes while on air?  Cheesy   Shocked

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 03:19PM »

Just as an FYI..I learned some interesting things today about how PBS specials are purchased by local stations.
One is that my local PBS station cannot purchase Orlagh's show, due to previous purchase requirements that the distributor has, and therefore will not be airing it.
I am really bummed about this!!!
BP

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin...still smilin..only cause Orlagh always makes me smile!!
MAYBE A Cleveland trip is in order.....

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 04:07PM »

Just as an FYI..I learned some interesting things today about how PBS specials are purchased by local stations.
One is that my local PBS station cannot purchase Orlagh's show, due to previous purchase requirements that the distributor has, and therefore will not be airing it.
I am really bummed about this!!!
BP

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin...still smilin..only cause Orlagh always makes me smile!!
MAYBE A Cleveland trip is in order.....

Oh....we'd better see if we can get on this right away.  Let's see if we can find out the exact problem and get it remedied through contact with the appropriate people right away... Shocked

bpea55

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 04:29PM »

Hang on there kids! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Having been a musician for many many years and dealt with managers, promoters, etc..I have no doubt that there are good reasons for the distributors doing business in this manner.
While we would all assume that it makes sense to make this special available to any stations who would purchase it, and thereby get Orlagh's show out to as many viewers as possible..there are likely MANY legal in's and out's that may be in play here..and this is just the way busineess has to be done. I don't know and would not even begin to guess about this.
There is NO DOUBT in my mind that Orlagh and her management are making the best decisions they can to assure the widest audience for Orlagh.
SO there may be a possibility your local stations won't be able to air this special.
Such is the way of the music business!!!
Bruce

I do have to add that in lieu of Orlagh's show they will be airing CW's Christmas special instead! Smiley
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 04:50PM by bpea55 » Logged

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
Thanks so much Orlagh!
Maggie
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 10:03AM »

There is NO DOUBT in my mind that Orlagh and her management are making the best decisions they can
to assure the widest audience for Orlagh.
SO there may be a possibility your local stations won't be able to air this special.
Such is the way of the music business!!!
Bruce

My local PBS Station keep sending me begging letters, painting a very gloomy picture of their finances.
Telling me they can not continue to show quality programs and concerts unless I send them a few bucks.
As they mostly depend on public financial support, and we the public can't send them much these days,
it must be difficult deciding which programs they will buy.
I guess public demand might influence them.....
"if you will show Órla Fallon, I'll send you a few dollars....."   Wink

PATTY TUCKER
Honorary Roadie

"I bless you... and you bless me too."

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2010, 12:35PM »

My PBS has not returned my e-mail. Very strange. I expected at least the basic generic "We don't have any info on that at this time, but we will contact you when we get information on that" Either 1 of 2 things is happening. 1. I made someone mad ( I have a way of doing that) 2. Something is in the works but can't be made public yet and they don't want to tell me for fear that I will blab it all over the internet on some fan forum.

Not only is WVIZ in Cleveland going to show the special, but I received this from Robin today:

Not only will we be airing the new Orla Fallon show, she will be here in-studio!  Guess who may have to go work the phones that night?

Tom
I wonder if they will let me volunteer and wear Pittsburgh Steeler clothes while on air?  Cheesy   Shocked

Tom, I did get an email back from Robin confirming she would be in studio, but did not have an exact date. She assured me as soon as the date is set, she will email me with all the information. Here is the email she sent.

Hi Mrs. Tucker,

The date has not yet been set for the Orla Fallon pledge special.  As soon as we know the date, we will be in touch.  Thank you for your willingness to help.

As far as the Steelers shirt, I may have to remove it and burn it. Ha Ha Wink Wink Wink Just foolin with ya, but Cle. may not like it, they are funny that way.

"OUR GIRLS"

"OUR ANGELS"
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2010, 01:25PM »

Thanks Patty,

I look forward to meeting you there, if we could only nudge Bruce into attending with us as well.

Tom

Tom

Tom, I did get an email back from Robin confirming she would be in studio, but did not have an exact date. She assured me as soon as the date is set, she will email me with all the information. Here is the email she sent.

Hi Mrs. Tucker,

The date has not yet been set for the Orla Fallon pledge special.  As soon as we know the date, we will be in touch.  Thank you for your willingness to help.

As far as the Steelers shirt, I may have to remove it and burn it. Ha Ha Wink Wink Wink Just foolin with ya, but Cle. may not like it, they are funny that way.

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 03:59PM »

The program director at KET advises me that chances are good they will air it and will advise me when it is scheduled.  I see that Greatest Journey, A Chrstmas Celebration and Songs from the Heart are all scheduled to air.  Cool

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2010, 07:32PM »

Tom

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  I might have to find my way down their and work the phones some how!! Might be my only chance of seeing her! I might have to talk to Robin! And remember to renew your memberships!  Still on the list so see ya'll in 2011 or if we all get together and volunteer!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
I wonder if they will let me volunteer and wear Pittsburgh Steeler clothes while on air?  Cheesy   Shocked   NNNOOO!   Your in Cleveland not Pittsburgh!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2010, 11:22PM »

I would contact WPSU to see if they'll air it, but they're so unreliable.  There's no doubt in my mind that they won't even reply if I tried. Sad  I'll keep an eye on the schedule though.
greenfire6
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2010, 12:32AM »

Ditto for me White-Rose,

KNBP Reno, Nevada, USA (my "home" PBS) is mostly lame. Yet KEIV Sacramento, California, USA (the next closests) rocks!

Whats a guy to do...
bpea55

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2010, 06:27AM »

I am still bummed about not getting Orlagh's show locally, and thought of a possible solution, as I know others may be in the same situation.
If anyone knows of stations that will simulcast Orlagh's Celtic Christmas over the net, please post here so hopefully everyone will have a chance to see it!
Go Orlagh!!!!!!!!! Grin
Thanks!
Bruce

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Thanks so much Orlagh!
Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2010, 11:55AM »

Does anyone know if there hs been a definite YES/NO on a DVD of this concert?   Huh   
A DVD would remove local PBS participation from the loop; and "NO" to a DVD would be a horrible waste of a whole lotta good footage.   Cry   

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2010, 02:03PM »

I've been told a DVD will be available as a PBS pledge item.

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2010, 04:10PM »

http://www.kqed.org/tv/programs/index.jsp?pgmid=19476

KQED Northern California  Smiley

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: