Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for a Lisa Kelly/David Downes Duet CD  (Read 8505 times)
LoveLisaKelly
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 07:50AM »

That list is awesome! I really want a Lisa/David duet cd!!

Me too!!!!!

But what about " A world to believe in" by Celien Dion, its quite a unknown song but I love it. I wish Lisa would sing it Smiley

by me
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 12:14PM »

I don't know all those songs you guys listed but I know a lot of them.  I know Lisa would nail all of them with David.

And sorry lol but I'm not removing "Lord Over You" from the list lol.  Cheesy  I think Lisa would sing it just as beautifully as Deirdre.  Smiley Tongue

MaryNorth93
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 06:39AM »

And sorry lol but I'm not removing "Lord Over You" from the list lol.  Cheesy  I think Lisa would sing it just as beautifully as Deirdre.  Smiley Tongue

Haha, she surely would..  Cheesy Deirdre just owns it, like Lisa owns The Voice  Cheesy
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 05:05PM »

Everyone at different places seem to keep sugesting this song so I'll suggest it to: My Heart Will Go On. Others have also suggested For Good from Wicked. I would suggest The Day That Heaven Cried.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 09:29PM »

The Leprechaun:  Ohhh those are awesome choices, and they would sound so beautiful as piano songs.  And "For Good" could be a duet with Lisa and Alex.  I don't know the last song though but it sounds sooooo beautiful!!!

MaryN:  Hahahaha, yeah.  Smiley

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 04:35PM »

I love the Lisa and David piano duets, like Send Me a Song, The Blessing, and The Moon's a Harsh Mistress.  I thought it would be awesome if they did a whole CD of songs like that.  What are some songs you'd like to hear?

I have a few ideas.

1.  Bridge Over Troubled Waters
2.  Listen to Your Heart (DHT's Slow Version)
3.  Angel (Sarah McLachlan)
4.  Ordinary Miracle (Sarah McLachlan)
5.  Remember When It Rained (Josh Groban)
6.  Broken Vow (Lara Fabian)
7.  Down By the Sally Gardens
8.  Memory (From Cats)
9.  Lord Over You (Deirdre)
10.  I Dreamed a Dream (Les Miserables)
11.  Heaven Is a Place on Earth (DHT's Slow Version)
12.  My Dream (DHT)
13.  Heaven (DJ Sammy's Candlelight Version)
14.  I Will Think of You (Laura Browne Sorenson)
15.  Here With Us (Joy Williams)

I would listen to it all day.  Smiley
Ooooh.... I would love love love to hear Lisa sing I Dreamed a Dream!!!!  How gorgeous would that be? Smiley

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 09:33PM »

Does anyone want too sometimes a cw-music request number?   Grin

That would be awesome, but I have no idea how they sound when they first attempt a song. It takes pratice I'm sure for them to sound that good. But it would be interesting if they knew the lyrics and tune to a song to see what it sounds like.

The Leprechaun:  Ohhh those are awesome choices, and they would sound so beautiful as piano songs.  And "For Good" could be a duet with Lisa and Alex.  I don't know the last song though but it sounds sooooo beautiful!!!
[

Well, I'm not sure where you can find a recording if it. I've only heard a choir sing it at my church on Good Friday almost every year and I think it would be good as a nice slow song.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

PATTY TUCKER
Honorary Roadie

"I bless you... and you bless me too."

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 10:52AM »

I would love to hear Lisa sing IF I Could - Celine Dion. Of course, what ever she sing will be equally as awesome as all her other songs. Just looking forward to more. (Can't get enough)!

"OUR GIRLS"

"OUR ANGELS"
Raphaël Robichaud

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 09:34PM »

There are four songs from Simon&Garfunkel that I was listening to and both fit with Lisa's voice.
1-Bridge Over Troubled Water
2-The Sounds of Silence
3-The Boxer
4-Homeward Bound
If anybody never heard those songs, listen to them. The lyrics are beautiful.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 08:07PM »

Annie's Song by John Denver maybe at a slower and gentler pace.  Just heard Faryl Smith sing it and it sounds lovely.  I'm sure Lisa and David could think of something very beautiful. Smiley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Na8TIl4aA
hutch

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 02:59PM »

I would love for David to write an original song for Lisa. This way she could make it her own. Don't get me wrong, I would love to hear Lisa sing any of the other songs, but an original. I don't think it would get better than that. Besides who else knows Lisa's voice and range better than David
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 06:29PM »

I would love for David to write an original song for Lisa. This way she could make it her own. Don't get me wrong, I would love to hear Lisa sing any of the other songs, but an original. I don't think it would get better than that. Besides who else knows Lisa's voice and range better than David

Well, if they do make a CD, they can include Celtic Woman songs like Send Me a Song, Green the Whole Year Round, The Moon's a Harsh Mistress, and The Blessing as well as any new songs that David might write. I wonder what kind of songs Lisa could come up with?

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

LoveLisaKelly
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 01:00PM »

I would love to hear Lisa sing IF I Could - Celine Dion. Of course, what ever she sing will be equally as awesome as all her other songs. Just looking forward to more. (Can't get enough)!

Me too Smiley

by me
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: