Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ray's Tune on Orlagh's new CD  (Read 9167 times)
Jeanine
Honorary Roadie

Christmas Symphony Tour was WONderful!!

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 09:28PM »

I think the second disputed part is actually 'your stars have aligned'. Smiley

I listened to the song again.  You're right, it is "have aligned".  I'll correct it above. Wink
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:09PM by Jeanine » Logged

"Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Jesus Christ
(Matthew 11:28)
Maggie
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 05:44PM »

.....Here they are with what I think are the missing phrases added in:
Where I take you in my arms, I long to hold you
Watch my hopes and dreams unfold,
 look so deep into your eyes, a blue million miles.
You're safe and warm and I'll protect you, never let this world reflect
Now's your time so seize the moment, your stars have aligned.

Thank you, Jeanine.....you are right.
I listened to it on the Bose and it was much clearer.

Losing a child is the very worst thing that can happen.....and the grieving is a very private process,
as nobody can possibly know how you feel.
Ray expresses some of his grief in this beautiful tribute, and Órlagh's interpretation is so gentle and full of love.

Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 10:54PM »

Wow.  It's a beautiful song but I'm so sorry to hear of Ray and his family's loss.

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 03:33AM »

Wow.  It's a beautiful song but I'm so sorry to hear of Ray and his family's loss.

Wow. Me too. I wasn't even aware of this. (I thought I was missing something here. Thanks for filling me in Maggie).

I'm sorry to hear this. Needless to say, Ray and his family are always in our thoughts.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 07:33AM »

I never knew Ray had a son. I'm so sad now that i learned that he died.

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
acdeming

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 09:12PM »

I know this thread is pretty old, but I thought I'd shed some light.  I was able to speak with Ray for a quite a while actually after the Des Moines concert on Wednesday, August 11, 2010.  I asked him about his son and the song and he was very open, albeit with tears in his eyes, as he told me that little Jamie lived only a few hours after he was born and that he would be 10 years old now.  It took him over 6 years to complete the song as he was able only to write a line or two at a time.  Orla heard him working on it once and asked him for the song to record, so when it was finally completed, he gave it to her just before she left CW.

BTW, I didn't ask out of curiosity, but rather in telling him I share his pain, having lost my beloved grandson seven years ago at only 13 weeks of age.  We hugged and he told me that it is nice to meet someone who understands that the pain never really goes away.  As I told Ray, this is one of two songs I absolutely cannot listen to while driving -- the other is Calling All Angels from the movie Pay It Forward; we played it at my grandson's funeral and, like My Waking World, it never fails to bring me to tears yet again.
bigCWfan17

3/15...The day I FINALLY saw/met Celtic Woman :)

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 07:55PM »

three words for this sons... I ?? IT!!! Smiley

"You are enough. You are so enough. It's unbelievable how enough you are."-- Sierra Boggess
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: