Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour dates announced!  (Read 54836 times)
greenfire6
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2011, 11:39PM »

I'll enjoy the show no matter what seats I get, but I'm bound and determined to get the best seats possible. I don't expect to be too far back. I have never seen Orla live before, so that's why I'm especially excited to see her.

My seats at the first CW concert I went to weren't the best, but I still had a clear view of the stage. And last time, I was a little closer, so I could see their faces better. But next time, I'm hoping to get even better seats! I'm not planning to go this year, though, and there are no Seattle dates yet anyway.

As I posted up-thread if you only need one seat your chances for a good seat is excellent. It's when you are trying to string a number of seats together that you get pushed back with non PBS ticket sales...

Regarding the off topic... I think we "westerners" are hoping for a fall swing of CW through western N. America.

Time will tell and no matter what life is grand! Cheesy
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2011, 12:05AM »

I'll enjoy the show no matter what seats I get, but I'm bound and determined to get the best seats possible. I don't expect to be too far back. I have never seen Orla live before, so that's why I'm especially excited to see her.

My seats at the first CW concert I went to weren't the best, but I still had a clear view of the stage. And last time, I was a little closer, so I could see their faces better. But next time, I'm hoping to get even better seats! I'm not planning to go this year, though, and there are no Seattle dates yet anyway.
Regarding the off topic... I think we "westerners" are hoping for a fall swing of CW through western N. America.

Grin Grin

Libby

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2011, 09:21PM »

I contacted the venue, and they replied today, saying that they're still signing contracts and such, but they said the tickets could go on sale within the next couple of months, although it could be later. So, sometime this spring, hopefully. So I'll just have to check every so often.
BTW, I'm probably going to be ordering 2 seats, but I'll most likely order through the theatre, not PBS.

Yes, apparently she'll be over on the western U.S.  in the fall, since Oct. is in fall! Smiley
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2011, 05:23PM »

I got an email saying that she will be in Charlotte at the McGlohon theatre on Sept 30th. http://www.maxxmusic.com/concerts/orla.htm

Thanks Lindsey
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2011, 08:23PM »

I got an email saying that she will be in Charlotte at the McGlohon theatre on Sept 30th. http://www.maxxmusic.com/concerts/orla.htm

That's really cool!  You'll have to keep us updated. Smiley She is going to Greensboro and Atlanta, but those are weekdays and a long drive (especially Greensboro) and Kath and I will be in school again.  This could be a possibility seeing as its on a Friday and Charlotte is somewhat closer.  And if we can afford tickets! Cheesy

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
Maggie
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2011, 02:15AM »

No dates in Florida yet.....

I'll just sit here and wait patiently....

SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2011, 07:25PM »

Kelli and I are hoping for some Florida dates as well, Maggie!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2011, 08:07PM »

The wait is over! Looks like Orlagh will be performing in Gainesville,Florida for two evenings, November 10th and 11th!!

Zee

bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2011, 05:08PM »

For some reason the tcketing info for the fall doesn't show up on the tour dates page..so if you need it go here.....
http://orlafallon.com/Tour/tabid/1042/Default.aspx

I sent a note to the contact persons..(I think that's Margie) to let them know.
Bruce

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin...the spring tour was Incredible...I can only imagine what the fall will be like!!!!!!!
Review soon!

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2011, 05:20PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin...the spring tour was Incredible...I can only imagine what the fall will be like!!!!!!!..

You said it, Bruce!!  Hopefully, with better weather everywhere, though!  Cool

Maggie
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2011, 03:36AM »

The wait is over! Looks like Orlagh will be performing in Gainesville, Florida for two evenings, November 10th and 11th!!
Zee

Oh thank Goodness!
My fingers were getting sore on that harp!!!

So....you gals coming down here?

The theatre is in "Gator" (Univ of FL) country - 120 miles from our house.
Don't know if we can persuade Emily to come.....she's a 'Nole. Grin

I think 11/11/11 will be a good night!!!!! Cheesy

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2011, 02:34PM »

Booooooooooo Gators!!!!!!!!  Grin Cheesy

Hmmmmmmmmm, this is all very interesting. It's a Thursday/Friday, so I might already have a job at that point and won't be able to come, but if I don't and the tickets are reasonably priced I might go up and join you all for the Friday night show. It would be fun to see everyone and I'm sure Orla puts on a lovely show!

We'll see!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Lugiahua

"Goodnight and joy be to you all" - Parting Glass

« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2011, 08:27PM »

hmm, seems the Berkeley option is still closed, I will just keep waiting...
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2011, 01:15PM »

The wait is over! Looks like Orlagh will be performing in Gainesville, Florida for two evenings, November 10th and 11th!!
Zee

Oh thank Goodness!
My fingers were getting sore on that harp!!!

So....you gals coming down here?

I think 11/11/11 will be a good night!!!!! Cheesy

Alas and alack, those Florida dates won't work for Kelli or myself. Cry Cry

The CW Christmas tour dates in Florida don't work either. Is this a plot to keep us apart?!!

Zee

Maggie
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2011, 05:39PM »

Booooooooooo Gators!!!!!!!!  Grin Cheesy

Hmmmmmmmmm, this is all very interesting. It's a Thursday/Friday, so I might already have a job at that point and won't be able to come, but if I don't and the tickets are reasonably priced I might go up and join you all for the Friday night show. It would be fun to see everyone and I'm sure Orla puts on a lovely show!
We'll see!

I just sent you an email with details of Gainesville.....Tickets $30
Is this going to be another "Emily & Maggie's excellent adventure" ?
If so, you can park your car at our place and I'll drive us up to Gainesville.....remind me to fill up at Costco before we leave! Cheesy

Chomp Chomp!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:14PM by Maggie » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: