Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orla's Celtic DVD & CD  (Read 31575 times)
CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2010, 09:28PM »

Barnes and Noble had the CD but not the DVD,Guess I'll order it from her site

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2010, 09:30PM »

I got my store's last copy!!

CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2010, 09:37PM »

I got my store's last copy!!
  Little off topic,While I was there I got the new Elvis Cirque Du Soleil CD  Grin

MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2010, 09:57PM »

I am a bit curious as to why the CD's weren't signed though....not a problem..... I'll just have to ask Orlagh to sign one in Rockport!
All of mine were signed, Bruce.  Maybe your smile wasn't big enough when you ordered them?  Wink

Mike

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2010, 05:53AM »

I am a bit curious as to why the CD's weren't signed though....not a problem..... I'll just have to ask Orlagh to sign one in Rockport!
All of mine were signed, Bruce.  Maybe your smile wasn't big enough when you ordered them?  Wink

ooooh, Bruce will get  you back for that one, Mike!  Cheesy  We all know he'll have no trouble getting a personalized autograph before long!  Wink Grin

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2010, 09:20PM »

Anyone else walking around the house singing "SOUL-cake   SOUL-cake    BLAH BLAH   blah blah blah  SOUL-oul cake"

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
greenfire6
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2010, 09:24PM »

I got my combos yesterday!!!! Cheesy

Both CDs were signed, one with a black sharpie the other with a silver sharpie. How cool is that?!!!!!! Grin

I've been a lot overworked and a little under the flu bug lately. I won't lay out a spoiler here but when I read the dedication and watched the DVD I was cured!!!!!! Cheesy
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2010, 09:27PM »

This is perhaps a dumb question, but...

when you say they are signed, do you mean the actual cd & dvd? Or just the insert thing inside the cover? If the actual disks have ink, wont heat melt, or at least distort, the autograph?   Undecided

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2010, 10:12PM »

This is perhaps a dumb question, but...

when you say they are signed, do you mean the actual cd & dvd? Or just the insert thing inside the cover? If the actual disks have ink, wont heat melt, or at least distort, the autograph?   Undecided
All three of mine are signed "With love, Órla" in the lower left corner of the front cover of the insert.

Mike

greenfire6
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2010, 10:22AM »

Owing to my poor description not a dumb question at all Cash. Only the CDs are signed and only on the front cover of the liner notes. The black sharpie on the snow and the silver sharpie on the dark trees. Both say, With love Órla x.

I can partially answer the second part of your question. I loan out DVDs with my name written on the disk with a black sharpie. The sharpie ink has never distorted. I don't loan out CDs because I don't want them to be copied in any way. Instead I give unwrapped CDs as gifts.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2010, 06:59PM »

Both CDs were signed, one with a black sharpie the other with a silver sharpie. How cool is that?!!!!!! Grin

No fair!  Mine were signed only with black sharpies!    Cry Tongue

SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2010, 08:18PM »

No fair!  Mine were signed only with black sharpies!    Cry Tongue
Now, boys.......!!! LOL

The fact that Orlagh takes the time to autograph so many CDs to begin with shows how very special she is and how much she thinks of her fans.

Zee

P.S. Orlagh used a black sharpie on mine too, John! Wink Grin

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
greenfire6
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2010, 08:44PM »

Your right Zee. This is no small commitment on Órla's part. (I hope when she signs these she has a helper on her left who unwraps each CD and slides the liner out for her and a helper on the left who slides the liner back in.)

John, you are one of Órla's best fans. I think you are writing tongue in cheek but if you truly feel slighted about this I am willing to swap you my silver sharpie copy with one of your black sharpie copies.

But you have to join us all at Órlapalooza in Salt Lake City, UT, USA this March to do the swap! Grin

-David
(I'll be off the Forum until Sunday.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 09:42PM by greenfire6 » Logged
Siew

Good Day, folks. ;)

« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2010, 06:18AM »

I have a question to ask. I wonder if that little girl captured quite a number of times in Orlagh's DVD is related to her or even Meav.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS9jwKr4QCI
Skip to 1.07 minutes.

She also appeared during the finale song of Here We Come A-wassailing where she clapped her hands with the audience.
I wonder if she is Orla's niece or Meav daughter. May be neither! Just curious. Wink

SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2010, 08:32AM »

I have a question to ask. I wonder if that little girl captured quite a number of times in Orlagh's DVD is related to her or even Meav.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS9jwKr4QCI
Skip to 1.07 minutes.

She also appeared during the finale song of Here We Come A-wassailing where she clapped her hands with the audience.
I wonder if she is Orla's niece or Meav daughter. May be neither! Just curious. Wink

She is neither. Just a young lady who obviously was enthralled with what she was hearing and seeing onstage! She's a cutie!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: