Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet and Greets  (Read 17259 times)
davesab

Duty, Honor, CW

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 09:06AM »

If you are Lisa, your little boys are waiting for their goodnight kiss and a lullaby.

/quote]

Hey Rich, a lullaby from Lisa,
How's that for a dream-come-true!

I wonder if she would like to adopt an honorary grandfather?

Dave
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2007, 09:09AM »

I wonder if she would like to adopt an honorary grandfather?
Do you have any idea how depressing it is to be nominated for the position of honorary grandfather of a beautiful, talented young woman??  But I'll take it, I'll take it!   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 09:20AM »

Do you have any idea how depressing it is to be nominated for the position of honorary grandfather of a beautiful, talented young woman?? 

Did you mean grandfather to the boys or grandfather to Lisa?  Grin

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 09:40AM »

Oh, okay.  I guess he meant grandfather to Lisa's boys.  (At least I'm going to choose to interpret it that way.)  Yeah, I can certainly live with that.   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 03:25PM »

According to the new information, just posted on the CW website, they will be at the Bryce Jordan Center in University Park (State College) on Oct. 28 and at the Sovereign Center in Reading on Nov. 1st.   

A woman who answered the phone at the PBS station also wasn't certain, but did say that it might be possible, and she let me leave a message for the director of programming, as he would be the one handling the Meet & Greet if it does take place.

OK thanks. I think the Akron show and maybe one in W Va are still the closest for me. I e-mailed PBS here but they never respond. BUT, I only live a 5 minute walk away from the station, so I may pay them a visit Mon morn. So if you see a report on the news about some crazed fan arrested at PBS for complaining about no local CW concert, it could be me.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Celtic Fiddle Chick
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 03:54PM »

I hope it works out for you hesprit!  I just pledged this evening for M&G tickets to the St Paul show, I'm very excited!

You are lucky. I wanted those tickets too but not for that price. I got to attend the concert in April when they were at the Orpheum. I will try to get tickets for this one but cannot afford the M&G tickets. Plus, who knows which ones you will get to meet.

Too bad you can't choose which ones you get to meet because I really want to meet Mairead, she has been such an inspiration to me.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 04:39PM »

I very rarely spend money on anything that's not absolutely necessary for me.  Celtic Woman is my exception.  I really, really need to thank each of the girls personally...might take me a while and extra work shifts to do it, but I'll still try.  However, I totally understand how M&Gs aren't possible for everyone.  As for knowing ahead of time who you'd get to meet, that doesn't matter too much to me.  I met Méav and Órlagh at back to back M&Gs in Red Rocks and LOVED it!  If I meet Órlagh again, I'll be thrilled.  If I get to meet Lynn or any of the other CW ladies, I'll be thrilled as well.

I hope you are able to get tickets for the St Paul show, Celtic Fiddle Chick.  Conchobar and I are hosting a get-together of forum members before the show...it'd be great to see you there!

Kelli

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 10:34AM »

Yes! Please do come! I figure we can all sit around and have a nice group therapy session.
My bank account took a bit of a hit on this, but it's worth it to me.  I think electricity is overrated anyway!
By the way CFC, which night did you see them at the Orpheum? I was there the first night, and have been kicking myself ever since for not going to both. 

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
KILARNEY06

Some F.O.O.L.S never learn

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2007, 01:31PM »

If you were to go to a M&G Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy   Did I read somewhere that certain venues charge extra for a picture with the girls Huh

Not trying to stir anything up I just thought i remembered reading some place charged for pic's with the girls.   I sure hope that is not the case.

I have never met a man who has given me as much trouble as myself.
Celtic Fiddle Chick
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2007, 03:56PM »

Yes! Please do come! I figure we can all sit around and have a nice group therapy session.
My bank account took a bit of a hit on this, but it's worth it to me.  I think electricity is overrated anyway!
By the way CFC, which night did you see them at the Orpheum? I was there the first night, and have been kicking myself ever since for not going to both. 

I was there the first night as well. I was in the row 2 on the far left. I wanted to go both nights as well but was not able to. For one, it cost me $250 for the tickets in the first place and I had school so I was not able to go again.

It would be great to get together before the concert. I hope to go again. I am just wating for an answer from a friend.
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2007, 04:04PM »

I was eight rows behind you also on the left.
Small world.

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 04:14AM »

are there opportunities to take pics of/with them?

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2007, 05:51AM »

are there opportunities to take pics of/with them?
No.  Cameras are not allowed in the M&G.

KILARNEY06

Some F.O.O.L.S never learn

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2007, 06:55AM »

NO pic's  Sad that doesn't seem fair Shocked ,at least to me.

I have never met a man who has given me as much trouble as myself.
Maggie
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007, 08:04AM »

There is usually a pic taken of you with the ladies, isn't there?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: