Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh no! Looks like Lynn is leaving CW...  (Read 62415 times)
lcainsa
« on: November 12, 2010, 04:21PM »

It appears that Lynn Hilary is leaving Celtic Woman... I was just on the Celtic Woman website and found this message....

I have had the most incredible experience with Celtic Woman. I feel so lucky to have had the privilege of being able to call myself a Celtic Woman if only for three short years. However I have grown to miss Ireland and my life there more and more, so I’ve decided to take my leave while the going is good. I will miss all my friends terribly and especially three very special ladies; Mairead Nesbitt, Chloe Agnew and Lisa Kelly, whom after the hectic year we have all had I will now always think of as “Super-Women” as opposed to Celtic Women!! I will never forget the warmth and acceptance that I experienced from them and from the fans on my arrival and on filling such big shoes. Thanks also to the fans for making this whole experience all the more colourful! I also want to take this opportunity to thank the amazing Celtic Woman team behind the scenes, they work so hard and have been integral in making Celtic Woman the fabulous success that is has been and I know will continue to be.

Peace and Love,

Slán go fóill

Lynn xxx

Here is the link..... http://www.celticwoman.com/lynns-message/
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:45PM by lcainsa » Logged
MeavEabhaLisaK25

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 04:25PM »

Lynn........is...leaving too?HuhHuhCry Cry Cry
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 04:34PM »

Oh no!!!  Shocked Sad

Wow. I'm really shocked at this one. Did not see this coming. At ALL. Holy cow...

Lynn will be SERIOUSLY missed like crazy. I've never seen a Celtic Woman show without her. Meav was already gone when I became a CW fan, and as such, I've always felt more connected to Lynn than to Meav. I love her solo album so much, and she was so perfect as a CW girl.

That said, I totally get it.

Lynn seems like a homebody (not unlike myself) and I can definitely see her missing her life in Ireland like crazy when she's gone from it for almost the entire year. Time to move on to new things!

Good luck, Lynn!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 04:42PM »

Oh no I am seriousley in tears right now!!

MaryNorth93
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 04:43PM »

WHAT?!  Shocked  Shocked

I never expected this. This is, darn.... I'm really sad about this Undecided Cry But it's completely understandable, and Lynn deserves a little more time at home

Thank you for everything Lynn. You did such a good job in filling Méav's shoes, and you will never be forgotten by anyone!! You've been a pleasure to watch and hear and a phenomenal celtic woman.

Lots of love and luck to you!!

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 04:52PM »

Lynn - You WILL be missed.  Good luck and best of everything to you.  That said, PLEASE DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you very much for all the wonderful performances you gave us and your friendly manner and kindness to me the times I met you.
AngusGibson

Ireland is calling me...

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 04:54PM »

I am absolutely shocked! I never saw this coming, and it's all the more disappointing since I never got the honor and pleasure of meeting Lynn at a meet and greet (same with Alex). Though, I'll always remember the big grins and winks she sent my way at the shows I did attend, so in a way, I did meet her. Still, it would have been an honor to tell her in person how much I appreciate her contribution to Celtic Woman, and how much I loved her harmonies and her solos.

If you ever read this, Lynn, I'd like to send you my warmest regards and admiration. It's a pity we never got to meet in person, but who knows what the future will bring? Keep singing, you Angel of the Emerald Isle!

All my love,
Taylor "Angus" Gibson

Thanks Lisaholic nr1!

Thanks Guardian of the Rose!
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 04:54PM »

Really?? Shocked Oh my gosh!! Cry

I'll really miss her. I met her and Chloe in Charlotte in 2009.

cowgirl123091<3'scelticwoman!

chloes my hero!

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 04:58PM »

sad:( i really hoped to one day see her in concert with the rest of the girls:( but shes doing whats best for herself and thats all that matters.

Bluefire
Total Fanatic

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 05:01PM »

I'm surprised, but at the same time, not.  I agree with the comment by Emily! that she seems more like a homebody.

While I'm sad to see you go Lynn, I wish you the best of luck in whatever path you take, and safe travels wherever life takes you.  You have been inspirational to many, and loved by many more.

-Emily/Bluefire

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 05:19PM »

Aww jeeez!
This really comes as a surprise, but, from the bottom of my heart, thank you Lynn.
If you're ever around my way again, I'll do my best to see you, no matter who you're with!

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 05:20PM »

What a blow to us after the high of a wonderfully-successful Australian tour and then sadly learning of Des Moore's departure!  With the tremendously-taxing tour schedule they follow, I am constantly in fear of such news.  That fear is certainly realized this day!  Cry Cry Cry
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:01PM by Starman » Logged

Music Girl
Honorary Roadie

Do The Things You Love And You Will Live A Dream

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 05:24PM »

Is This True?

Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 05:26PM »

Unfortunately, yes, look at CW's website.

CWPride

LYNN AND LISA ROX MY SOX!!!! :)

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 05:40PM »

I'm in total shock and deeply deeply sadden. I did not see this coming at all!!!!!!!!  Words can't describe how Lynn changed my life by being a hero and a mentor! I love you Lynn! I'm behind you 10000000000000000000000%! Good luck! You are an amazing person! I love you!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: