Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh no! Looks like Lynn is leaving CW...  (Read 62439 times)
Kaneyoshi

« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2010, 01:40PM »

Really sad news. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad  First Alex and now is Lynn leaving Celtic Woman. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry I will miss her beautiful voice and talent. I can only hope, that is not a leave for ever. I wish Lynn all the best for her future.

~~~Ready, all to give, so as to feel once again the sun in my heart~~~
Jack

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2010, 05:20PM »

Bummer! Cry Cry  Such a beautiful person, with such a beautiful voice.  I agree with Lisa----you have a voice to die for, and you could sing me to sleep anytime.  We will miss you, Lynn and we wish you the best in all that you do.  Godspeed.

I had Lynn at M&G twice and she was such a joy to talk to.  I only had one problem with her---I never could teach her how to pronounce "Carolina"! Cheesy 

As for replacements for Lynn and Alex, I think it's time to begin the rotation again.  It's about time for Meav and Orla to make their return.  What a great tour that would be!

Jack
isle of hope
Total Fanatic

Máiréad rocks!

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2010, 06:39PM »

Wow, I didn't see this coming.  It's a sad thing. Sad

Lynn, I wish you well in everything that you do.

Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal.
greenfire6
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2010, 09:03PM »

As for replacements for Lynn and Alex, I think it's time to begin the rotation again.  It's about time for Meav and Orla to make their return.  What a great tour that would be!
Jack

Powerful thought Jack!

However, Órla is currently ridng her rocketship Destiny to solo stardom. I can't picture her chopping the throttle on that Mach 5 vehicle when its on full song. And it's going to be on full song for some time I pray. As for Méav I suspect her girls are still too young for her to hop back on the CW bus. But I think there is room for you and I to dream sweet dreams about a return of Méav someday.
mkjlovescw

Nashville 9-01-10

« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2010, 09:34PM »

I wish I could say that the shock is wearing off a bit tonite so that I can now formulate words and sentences.......but nope.

What I would like to say is:
To Lynn, I have NO doubt that you will succeed in absolutely anything you put your hands (and voice) to do.  And no matter what your future plans include, please know that we loved every minute of your time with CW and will continue to love and support you wherever this new road leads you.

To my fellow forumites, I know that you are grieving this news as I am, same as we did when Meav and Orla and Alex announced their changing plans.  But CW will go on.  If David was brilliant enough to invite Alex and Lynn to step in and fill Orla and Meav's shoes, then I have no doubt that he will find the perfect lady (or ladies) to step into those roles once again.

Take care and God Bless,
Melissa

With Gratitude to Celtic~Fan~73
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2010, 09:45PM »

I am very sad that Lynn is leaving.  I definitely never saw it coming!  As some others mentioned, though, the first thing I thought of when I found out was the lyrics from Road to Glory--very fitting for this.  I agree with Emily, I am most definitely a homebody and can definitely understand her wanting to go back home!!  I am so very glad I had the opportunity to meet her those three times--very special memories I will never forget!!  She is an amazing performer, and as Kristine said, I don't think we've seen the last of her!!  Smiley 

Lynn, we will definitely miss you!!  I wish you all the best!!!  Smiley

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2010, 10:03PM »

Sad news. Lynn is special to us all and will she be missed terribly.

Thank you Lynn for sharing your beautiful voice and your beautiful heart with us for the past 3 years. You are a member of this family for all eternity and I can't tell you how much I will miss 'the angel in your eyes'.

God bless you Lynn Hilary. No matter where you are, you will forever be in our hearts.

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2010, 11:27PM »

I'm not surprised this thread reached six pages in a little over 24 hours because that's just how awesome Lynn is!

Lynn,
It's been an amazing journey having you as part of the group these past three years, and to see you six times and to meet you were real pleasures. Celtic Woman, nor Songs from the Heart, will be the same without you, and you will be missed terribly. Thank you for sharing the last three years of your life with us. I wish you the very best in all your future projects and hope you will continue to share your amazing talent with the world.

Love, Mikey
worldtraveler

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2010, 10:35AM »

Wow, I honestly could not believe this when I read it.

Lynn, thank you so much for everything during your years with Celtic Woman!  You are truly a gifted performer, and I am so glad that I had the pleasure of seeing you perform with Celtic Woman.  Best of luck with whatever you decide to do next!!!
Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2010, 12:01PM »

Add me to the list of those who are shocked-but-understanding of Lynn's announcement that she is leaving Celtic Woman.  I'm also on the list of those who don't think her "break" is temporary  Cry  (I really hope time proves me wrong).   
  Lynn has been in every CW concert and the first M&G I've been to, and I loved her at first sight/first note.  She minimized Meav's departure and leaves some mighty big shoes to be filled.  I'm sure Team CW will find another wonderful Irish lady who will blow us away, too; but gee, I will always miss Lynn and her talent, beauty, grace, warmth and stage presence.  I still consider her performance of  "Carolina Rua" in that red gown to be as good as anything I've ever seen on stage (Cheesy and a major contributor to Global Warming  Cheesy). 
  I'm another forever-fan, and I hope her career choices give her happiness and fulfillment and maybe even bring her back to us someday on a tour of her own.  Peace & Love and all the best to you, Lynn.       

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind...

« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2010, 12:10PM »

Ganconagh, I agree with you completely. This was a tremedous blow to me, as I'm sure it was to many, many others. Lynn will always be my favorite no matter what. We must try to be strong and wish her the best of luck in everything that she does. We will miss you, Lynn!

Frank

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2010, 01:25PM »

very sad news  Cry . Lynn was an excellent performer with magnificent grace on stage. you will be missed big time Lynn, but its also good to return home after long travels. amy your path in the future bring much good things for you and keep amazing us with music in the times to come Smiley
binti

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2010, 06:22PM »

Dear Lynn,
Thank you for the three years you gave up most of the rest of your life to be with Celtic Woman.  You will be deeply missed but I totally understand and respect your decision and wish you nothing but the best.  I can't imagine leaving my home, family, pets and friends for such tremendously long periods of time, not matter how much I enjoyed what I was going on the road to do.  I enjoyed speaking with you several times and you were always very nice and kind. I enjoyed seeing you at several venues, sitting by yourself reading a book or feeding the birds, no one bothering you, and you seeming so relaxed before the show.  On stage you were certainly beautiful, talented, and a pure joy to hear and see.  I love having your CD and having you captured forever on the Celtic Woman CD and DVD.  I hope to hear much more from you if you continue your singing career, and I truly hope you do.  Again, you are wished all the best.  Thank you are being who you are and for what you gave to the Celtic Woman group.  Lucie

Thanks to m.k.c. for this lovely banner
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2010, 07:35PM »

Dear Lynn,

I must say that I was devastated to learn you would be leaving Celtic Woman. But I can also see why. I first want to wish you all the love that I have to offer and the best of luck in whatever future endeavors you make. I secondly want to say that, even though I've never met you (cuz I've never been to a live concert), your beautiful and warm smile has helped me through some tough times. As has your wonderful voice. I can remember the first time I heard it! It was on some skating program that Celtic Woman was on and you, Chloe, Lisa, and Orla were singing One World. Your voice is amazing, and that's how I know you'll be incredible in whatever you choose to do.

All the love I've got,
Matt

P.S.
I thought I'd put this song in, because it's always meant a
lot to me. And it makes for a good farewell. Goodbye.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLRyYETnoIE
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2010, 11:10PM »

My heart just missed a beat.
I'm devistated, but I hope you enjoy your time back home! You will be missed, Lynn!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: