Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A soft (but sad)goodbye  (Read 17239 times)
Maloney
Featured Soloist

« on: August 17, 2007, 11:39AM »

I didnt have the pleasure of seeing Meav live this past tour and now I guess that may never happen.   I just want to say good bye and truely hope that she will come back to the CW family in the future.    Best of everything Meav !  and thank you for your wonderful contributions to Celtic Woman.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 11:56AM by maloney » Logged

=)  yes!! We got to go ! 
Then there was Atlanta !
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 11:46AM »

Let me assure everyone that Méav will remain in our hearts and on our forum forever.  She will always be part of our "family", just as Deirdre and Hayley will.

Speaking for myself - Méav, if you ever read this, I honestly don't think CW would have ever gotten off the ground, or achieved its incredible success, without your presence.  You are a shining star, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your time, your talent, and your beautiful nature.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Texas Chava

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 11:54AM »

Best of luck in all you do Meav.  You will be sorely missed.  You are....

SIMPLY AMEAVING!

Banner by Scott
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 12:01PM »

Méav,

I want to thank you for all you have done for Celtic Woman.  I also want to thank you for the incredible experiences I was able to share with you at Red Rocks this year...the interaction between us during the Friday show was unforgettable and I'll cherish that memory forever.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity to thank you personally for all you do at the Meet and Greets.

I wish you good fortune in your solo career and am eagerly awaiting any new project that comes out.  I will be watching your website.  And I must admit, a future solo tour from you in the U.S. would be just fantastic!  You have a fan for life in me, Méav!

I will miss you terribly, but I am grateful for all that you have given us!

God Bless you, Méav,
Much love,
Kelli

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 12:08PM »

Maybe the topic title should be "A Soft Goodbye" instead of "A Sad Goodbye" Wink

This news is espesually sad to me because I have just recently learned to love Meav as a person and performer but more as a comforter. Now I will never get to see her live. Cry  And I have a feeling that this is a sign of major changes to come to our CW family in the future and it saddens me to think that. But on the bright side, we still have the Christmas DVD to look forward to. But it will be a sad experience because it will be a final performance (so to speak) for Meav. And a final chance to see her as a Celtic Woman. Meav - you will forever be charshed in all of our hearts!!
RMNP_Hiker

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 02:06PM »

My favorite is gone. I don't know if it will be the same for me.  Cry

Rocky Mountain National Park http://www.geocities.com/rmnphiker/rmnp
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 04:19PM »

Meav - Thank you for sharing your gifts of song, compassion and friendship with us.  You will be missed on tour.  You are indeed proof that one person truly can make a difference in the lives of many others, and for that I am very grateful.

God Bless!

Mary (willow)

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 04:56PM »

I like the Soft Goodbye.

Besides Meav isn't GONE. She is just taking a well deserved break, but is still working on her music.

Meav, I look forward to your new solo CD, and many more years of your beautiful voice.

I also have very grateful for the few times I had a chance to have wonder memories with you at the shows, such as Red Rocks and in Dublin.

I will always remember those times.

L.A. Girl

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 05:07PM »

Meav,

I was fortunate enough to have seen you perform in 2006, and am looking forward to your solo tour in the U.S. in the near ( hopefully) future. Please come to Los Angeles! I often listen to your CDs, so I am happy that you are going to record another one.

Celtic Woman won't be the same w/o you, but we have to let go so that you can be with your cherished husband and daughter.

Best Wishes,

Dianne
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 07:43PM »

Meav,

You will be sorely missed by all the members of this forum. Your beauty and incredible talent brought so much to the Celtic Woman experience. I respect your decision - I am sure it was not a easy one for you. I wish you the very best in your future endeavors and look forward to your next CD and hopefully, a tour!

Fondly,

Susan Z

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
JEdwards
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 08:54PM »

Dear Meav,

I am terribly conflicted right now. To me, while you weren't quite "Celtic Woman," you were from the start my Celtic Woman, and my heart breaks a little now when I think of them without you. In fact, for the moment, I don't even want to think about that.

But speaking of hearts...

I told you a long time ago (in the first fan letter I had ever written to anyone anywhere) that from the moment I first heard your voice, you stole two hearts: you stole the heart that beats in my chest and gives life to my being, and you stole the proverbial heart of the ancient Irishman that beats solely in my ancestry and maybe in my DNA, the heart of who and what I have been, am, and maybe ever will be. No small feat to claim two hearts at one time, but then (I'm sure you know by now) you are no ordinary voice, no ordinary talent, artist, or woman. If you've spent any time in this forum, you must now by now you have touched and moved so many of us in so many beautiful and wonderful ways; in my own case, in ways more wonderful and beautiful than my puny ability to describe it for you here.

So, speaking of hearts...

Thank you for sharing yours with us through your music in your time with Celtic Woman. In so doing, you've honored the God who created you and blessed us in the process. We are not parting ways --you stole my heart(s), so wherever you go in your career, they go. And I won't be going alone: I am just one of the multitudinous "Meav Slaves" you won with your limitless grace, beauty, talent and charm. Eagerly and enthusiastically, we all look forward to sharing the future with you. So, even in my sadness, there is great excitement and joy!

Thank you again, Meav, and God Bless you in all you do, today and everyday.
fireyred09
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 08:56PM »

Aw, John, that was so sweet! If you need anything, send me a PM.
Méav_4EVER
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 09:00PM »

I was really looking forward to seeing Méav with Celtic Woman in November...I have never been to a concert. It was going to be my first Cry
Scott T CW fan

The Lord is my shepherd...

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 09:13PM »

Meav,

We all enjoied your time with CW. I got to see you live once. You are one of the pettles of the rose in the song " The Last Rose of Summer ". Good luck with your family and your solo career. We all hope the best for you.

Scott T  Cry

...yay though I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil...
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 10:17PM »

I was really looking forward to seeing Méav with Celtic Woman in November...I have never been to a concert. It was going to be my first Cry

Hi Catherine:  I'm so sorry.  Here's a hug: 

I hope that you will still go to the concert in November.  I know this was a shock to many of us, and I'm sure that Chloe, Lisa, Lynn, Mairead, and Orla would love to see you there.  While Meav will be missed, I would not want you to miss out on a wonderful experience. 

And...we can look forward to a new Meav CD and great things to come from her.   Smiley

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: