Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Tour  (Read 18923 times)
wrea398
« on: November 27, 2010, 09:05PM »

I just read the latest blog on the CW website.  Here is what I found.

"Hi Everyone! Just wanted to send one last blog before the Holidays and wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving coming up. As you all know, the Australian Tour just done is our last tour with the lovely Lynn. She has a lovely message at www.celticwoman.com which I'm sure you have all seen. Her elegance, purity of voice and fun loving personality will be missed by everyone and I wish her the very best of everything in the future. You never know, she might come out and visit us on tour! "   

It would be great if she made some appearences.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 09:20PM »

That was Mairead's latest blog.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Jason

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 12:50AM »

The location of this thread (Lynn News) and its title made me think we were gonna be getting a Lynn solo tour.

I was so excited! Undecided
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 12:53AM by Jason » Logged

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 10:06AM »

The location of this thread (Lynn News) and its title made me think we were gonna be getting a Lynn solo tour.

I was so excited! Undecided
I thought so too at first, but you never know; maybe one day. Wink
wrea398
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 01:08PM »

Sorry to confuse. It was about Lynn so I found it fitting to place it in Lynns section.  Usually people dont say things like that unless they know something we don't. Hope she visits from time to time.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 11:26AM »

OMG that would be awesome if she does make an appearance!!!  Grin

hopfrog5557

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 10:11PM »

So, what's the prevailing wisdom? Was Lynn just tired of the traveling? What are the theories as to why she left CW?
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 10:32PM »

So, what's the prevailing wisdom? Was Lynn just tired of the traveling? What are the theories as to why she left CW?
This topic has been covered very extensively elsewhere - http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=14676.0. As for the "prevailing wisdom" - in her message announcing her departure, Lynn said, "I have grown to miss Ireland and my life there more and more, so I’ve decided to take my leave while the going is good."  I don't understand why we can never just take their word for it. There's no mystery. And we're not going to endure more speculation about it.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
hopfrog5557

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 05:41PM »

Consider me chastised. Please send me the recipe for the Kool-Aid. All of these independent thoughts are quite inconvenient.
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 10:31AM »

How amazing would that be if she made a gues appearance?!
Although, I do have to say again, good for her for knowing that she needed a break... Smiley

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 03:39AM »

How amazing would that be if she made a gues appearance?!

yes Cheesy
wrea398
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 03:24PM »

Not to tick off the moderator or administrator, but I have read many commemnts outside of this site that suggested the other girls who left had other reasons for leaving and they were not so good, mentioning staff,  producers and personal feelings towards decisions within.   Not to speculate but IMHO the websites give you "only what you need to hear". If anyone left CW for personal reasons (other than what was posted) we will never know. They surely will not post things like  "This person had ill feelings and decided to leave" or "we fired her", etc.   Not good for publicity. 

Everything I am saying is based on real world scenarios ( I've been in this business) and views of what could happen in this industry, but I am not saying any of it actually happened.  I hope Lynn did what she did for the right reasons "for her" and had the only say in here decision.    OK Moderator and ADMIN,  I'm ready for my lashing....
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 03:43PM »

wrea398,

Well, I am neither an administrator nor a moderator, but I'll offer my opinion as a response.

I have also seen many of those comments posted on other sites.  If you actually look at them carefully, there is one thing very important that you'll notice ... they are all being posted by people who are claiming to know something that nobody else knows, and yet in not one single case has any proof been offered! 

I have never seen, nor heard, an actual statement directly from ANY of the ladies who have moved on from CW which states anything like these rumors which some people seem to want to spread.  I have, on the other hand, seen a number of very friendly and encouraging comments by those former CW members about their time with the group and the people involved.

There are several members of this forum who have actually developed a personal relationship with various members of Celtic Woman, both past and present.  Some deal with them on a semi-professional level, some have developed friendships, some both.  In many cases, these are relationships which can be (and have been) verified, so they are not just phonies.  These are the people i would trust to know about something like this.

You have to remember that there will ALWAYS be people who want to pretend to be more important than they actually are.  Many times, if they can't find any other way to do so, people will try to create some type of controversy (even where it does not actually exist) because if they seem to know what nobody else does, they must "matter."  I am not saying that this is the case, as I do not know any of the people who are responsible for these rumors, but I am saying that they ARE exactly that ... rumors, and rumors with no proof I've seen.  When someone provides proof, and I mean actual, verifiable proof, then I will give these a second thought.  Until then, they don't deserve a second thought, and I choose not to.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 04:57PM »

I'm not going to lash anyone. I keep hoping we can stop having this discussion, but I guess that isn't gonna happen. But I will point out a couple of things.

I don't know anything about the management of CW. Contrary to anything you may have seen elsewhere, I'm not involved with them in any way and don't want to be. But if they were the heartless slave drivers they've been made out to be, they wouldn't have lasted this long. It's been said that the performers are overworked and underpaid, but several of them are now in their seventh year with CW. Don't you think Máiréad could have landed a better gig if she were that mistreated?

The performers - past and present - are friends. They post messages of friendship and encouragement to each other on Twitter and Facebook. I'm so glad they've taken to the social networking sites with such vigor, because it gives us all a chance to view the real people behind the makeup and the music. They are good people who love their job - and each other.

We live in a tabloid society. Maybe the CW web site tells you "only what you need to hear".  What else would they tell you?  "So-and-so was a pain, so we canned him/her"??  I'm painfully familiar with some of the authors of opposing viewpoints. As Peter indicated, they are little people trying very hard to look and sound important. In truth, they are so unimportant and insignificant that CW hasn't even bothered to reply to their accusations.  The entertainment business has spawned a huge cottage industry - the tabloid press, which considers it their mandate to dig up and report every bit of slander and dirt they can unearth.  They've been looking for almost seven years, yet not one legitimate source has ever uncovered any evidence to support the rumors of discord.  Quite the opposite, in fact.  Every reporter who gets close to any of the performers comes away amazed (and refreshed) at how well they all get along.  If there were anything there, we'd have heard about it by now - from a far more reliable source than some individual's blog or Facebook page.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
cool2it
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 05:24PM »

AMEN, Rich!!!  Some of the other people on those forums and blogs just want soooo very much to be an authority--on SOMETHING!! They just aren't qualified OR capable of accomplishing that feat-- nor will they ever!   I'll believe what the girls say any day or any time over those " Want-to be-big"  guesses!

Thanks for the terrific banner Rich!!  PLEASE, Let's all help in the fight against ALS
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: