Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ya never know what you have until its gone...(a reflection of the women of CW)  (Read 3592 times)
Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« on: December 05, 2010, 02:14AM »

I've watched a lot of Celtic Woman today. Both on PBS and online and it just got me thinking about the wonderful women that have come into our lives and into our hearts. Some of you guys know that I first was introduced to CW by accident. I was working at a daycare and in one of the rooms at naptime they played the original CW cd and I heard Meav singing Danny Boy and was instantly wowed but it wasn’t until a couple years later that I actually found out about Celtic Woman. But when I did, I watched every video I possibly could on YouTube. I loved Celtic Woman.
The first concert I went to was Isle of Hope which seems forever ago now but I still remember the concert well. How could I forget? But when I found out that Orla was not going to be part of the IoH tour, I was devastated. (I already knew that Hayley and Meav had taken their leave and at the time I did not have the pleasure of knowing who Deidre was. Though now I love Deidre and think she’s awesome!) Orla was, and is, amazingly talented. I so desperately wanted (and sadly still haven’t yet) to see her play her harp and sing live. But I knew it was still going to be an amazing experience. And boy was I right! I went from loving Celtic Woman to being Celtic Woman CRAZY! Or, as I later found the proper term, OCCWD.
But, and I'm going to say something that's not going to be liked but please hear me out because I feel very different now. Truth be told, I was not a fan of Alex, at first. But honestly, I was just sore about Orla leaving. Alex quickly became someone I held close to my heart as I do all of the amazing ladies that have been and are a part of Celtic Woman. She is incredibly talented, an amazing person and I have a very deep respect and admiration for her. And I'm so glad that Alex was a part of Celtic Woman.
The news of Alex leaving was extremely difficult to hear. I was totally crushed to hear that she left. (but I do hope that she someday makes her CD like she said she hoped to because Wouldn't that be amazing?!?!?) I went to a concert after Alex had left and it really made me sad. She, like all the women who have been part of Celtic Woman, is such a treat onstage and in person. I was fortunate enough to meet her in person and she is incredibly kind. My only regret is that I didn’t get much time to speak with her. I will miss Alex very much.
And now, our dear Lynn, who has been with CW for quite some time now, has made her departure from the group. Lynn wowed any crowd with her beautiful voice and her beautiful appearance. In fact, I watch CW videos on campus and guys come up to me and ask who the “hottie” (referring to Lynn) is. (Which of course I tell them that there’s more than just good looks to that amazing group and tell them all about CW and usually end up with a few actually checking CW out further.) I will never forget the night at forum fest when Lynn started doing her bit about Dulaman and said something along the lines of, “With you all here, I guess you all probably already know why I call them my seaweed. Oh see, they’re holding up signs! Why are they my seaweed?” She asked us forum members all in the front and we all yelled back, “BECAUSE THEY’RE SLIMY!” Oh man! That was amazing Lynn! I’ll never forget that! And not only that, but Lynn’s voice is beautiful. She floored me when she sang. And Carolina Rua will hold a special place in my heart for many reasons. I’m really going to miss Lynn.
As the saying goes, you never know what you have until it’s gone. Which for me, this saying is true. Don’t get me wrong, I really did, and do, appreciate the talent of all the women that have been part of Celtic Woman but as far as Alex and Lynn, I never realized how deeply I admire them until they were gone. (It’s a hope of mine that someday they will get all of the girls past and present together onstage and make a DVD. I would freak out into a happy dance!)
Though from the beginning of knowing what Celtic Woman was, Lisa Kelly has always been (and always will be) my favorite soloist, as my forum name clearly gives away. Lisa rocks on so many levels. I can’t begin to list all of the reasons I’m a Lisan. If I did, this would be miles long! But she’s incredibly talented, beautiful, and she’s so incredibly nice. I still can’t believe I got to meet her twice in one week!
I of course do not want to forget mentioning the others who I have not yet talked about. The very wonderful and very talented Mairead and Chloe, both of whom I adore, are very near and dear to my heart. They are so awesome! Mairead, anyone who is new to CW loves Mairead because what other fiddle player can do what Mairead does? But of course, we all love Mairead! And Chloe, she’s great too! She’s so fun in concert! When she gives you a smile from onstage, man! It just makes you feel great!
And I, with open arms welcome Lisa Lambe to the group! Though I don’t know much about her as of right now, I can’t wait to get to know her! Her background is extremely impressive and she’s gorgeous. Not a shock though because every Celtic Woman woman is! I’m sure she’s a wonderful woman too and I am very excited to see her live.
But even though I have a favorite soloist, all of them, every single one of them, have touched my life in a very meaningful way. And I am very grateful to each and every one of them. They have helped me through some of the most difficult times in my life, times when nobody else could help, CW helped me just by being them. Their voices have helped many people through many different struggles and it amazes me. They’re wonderful people and I’m lucky to have them in my life. They led me to this amazing forum, where I’ve met many incredible people which I am very lucky to have in my life as well.
To all of the girls past and present, thank you. Thank you for your time, your talent, your heart and sharing yourself and your talent with the world. To those who have left, you are missed. To those who are currently going to be touring, ladies, can’t wait to see you!
Lots of love to everyone.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:20AM by Lisa and Helen fanatic » Logged

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
Jennifer
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 07:43AM »

I totally agree with you on not realizing how deeply you admired them until they're gone...
Thank you for your post! It was very well written! Smiley
NicholeLovesCW
Honorary Roadie

Love to you always Chloë :) Xxx *4/9/2011*

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 11:22AM »

I totally agree with you on not realizing how deeply you admired them until they're gone...
I felt the same way....... I never was a huge fan of Alex, for no particular reason.... I just loved Chloë first, so she was mostly the one who steals my attention when they sing. But also like you mentioned LAHF, I truly realized how much I enjoyed her singing when she left...... the same goes for Lynn.... I truly wish I could've heard her sing before she decided to leave. Chloë will forever be my favorite, but man I miss those two!!

Thanks Michelle!
April 9th was the best night EVER! Thankful for all of my forum friends! Smiley Thanks for all the love <3
Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 02:36PM »

Yeah, it's sad that I really realized it too late but I definitely loved them both while they were there. Smiley And thank you for your compliment and comment!

I felt the same way....... I never was a huge fan of Alex, for no particular reason.... I just loved Chloë first, so she was mostly the one who steals my attention when they sing. But also like you mentioned LAHF, I truly realized how much I enjoyed her singing when she left...... the same goes for Lynn.... I truly wish I could've heard her sing before she decided to leave. Chloë will forever be my favorite, but man I miss those two!!
Yes! Chloe is amazing! I'm a huge Chloe fan too! Smiley  But I totally agree with you, I miss those two! I miss those two a LOT!!!

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 07:12PM »

What a touching post, Lisa and Helen fanatic, and very well said. I've felt the same way, in that I didn't realize how special these girls are until they left. But it does help me appreciate having Lisa, Chloë, and Máiréad continue to share their lives with us, as well as this opportunity to get to know Lisa L, who already looks to be an amazing person, just like all the girls before her.
Enchanted

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 04:25PM »

Your post was written with lot of heart.  Thank you for sharing that.
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 08:30PM »

I think your post encompasses more than Celtic Woman - it is the way we should all live our lives. Appreciate the people that surround you - now, today, because no one knows what tomorrow may hold.

And the old saying is true - " You never miss the water till the well runs dry".

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
penguin laminating device

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 08:40PM »

I'll second what Susan said there.
Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 09:42PM »

Zee, I couldn't agree more. It's the way we should think about all people.

Thank you for your wonderful comments. And thank you for reading. Smiley

CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 12:40AM »

This song kinda says it all,It even looks a little like Lynn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W20TtJNQr_Y

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: