Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meav's leaving....  (Read 17088 times)
DakotaF.
« on: August 17, 2007, 10:59PM »

The news of Meav's departure from Celtic Woman reminded me fo this song (see link)

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Into-The-West-lyrics-Annie-Lennox/429DFAB0CA2CFCFB48256E2700178396

One note of caution, No I do not believe the magic of Celtic Woman is leaving like it did in Middle Earth, it's just changing and we know not yet its power. I eagerly await my experiences with this new magic like a sorceror finding a new spell to play with! (yup I am still a geek.) I will miss Meav as she was one of the original 5. But may she catch the dream she is now chasing, and once again God bless her for keeping her family a priority! (speaking from experience with a member of my own who is not.)
vanni9283

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 09:16AM »

Here's what song Meav's departure reminds me of:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 09:19AM »

Here's what song Meav's departure

It may be a departure in some ways, but also it is a sweet sweet flight.   Smiley

<3 Lauren

<3
Truffle Fairy

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 11:09AM »

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Celtic Woman will not be the same without her extraordinary talent  Cry  What am I going to do?? How am I going to break this to Julie?? Meav was her favorite! I'm so sad......

celtic_girlakp
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 02:33PM »

I am bringing a fan to their first show and now that Meav (her favorite) won't be their it won't be a true experience. She will understand though.
Où est le lait de soja?
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 02:48PM »

Think about it...now when we go to concerts...we go to a concert of nothing but Meav....

if that's no Heaven I don't know what is...(well...or at least it's the next best thing...and pretty freakishly massivly close to Heaven)....

~Mel...
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 03:49PM »

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Celtic Woman will not be the same without her extraordinary talent  Cry  What am I going to do?? How am I going to break this to Julie?? Meav was her favorite! I'm so sad......

its the same with my cousin Meav was her favorite as well she said she made her happy, she also wanted to sing a duet with her Smiley at least we'll get a new solo album from Meav

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 05:00PM »

Keep your smiles cracked up, everyone, she is a beloved one who's been already put into our hearts and minds. Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
kelseygirl06

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 08:46PM »

whose replacing her?

CNSTARZ

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 08:47PM »

Sad  I love Meav, but Celtic Woman is more than just Meav.  The touring had to be hard on her and her family, even sharing the touring time with Haley.  I will miss her beautiful voice, but Celtic Woman will go on.  Meav goes with my best wishes and endearing love.  I look forward to the return of the New Journey Tour here in October. 

SING OUT!
fireyred09
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 09:16PM »

whose replacing her?

A lovely lady by the name of Lynn Hilary.

http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?board=24.0
FireGuyFrank

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 06:10AM »

I just read Meav's note, which I received via an e-mail from her Web site.  While she will be missed, I applaud Meav for pursuing her dream and thank her for a wonderful time.  The CW: ANJ concert in Boston on June 8, 2007 is a memory my older son and I will treasure for the rest of our lives.

Thank you, Meav.

Warm regards,

FireGuyFrank
fireyred09
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 08:11AM »

I'm sorry, but every time I see the words "Méav is leaving..." in my head, I automatically finish it with "on a jet plane!"

"...but don't worry 'cause she'll be back again!"  Cheesy
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 08:12AM »

me too Kaite lol! I love that song!

Thanks Lindsey
jsharp

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 10:43AM »

I'm new to this news. (Don't know how I missed it so far since I've been here a few times over the weekend). I am certainly sad but not entirely surprised. Meav's always been a great mom as well as a great CW and I wouldn't have her any other way. If she thinks this is her best choice, I trust her.

As others have said, it's also an exciting opportunity for Meav to do something new musically. And CW will be fine. It's always been a group concept and brand (like Riverdance) and we'll probably see more personnel changes over the years as the ladies grow personally and as wonderful new talent comes along.

And this is a fantastic opportunity for Lynn! If Meav hadn't decided to leave many of us wouldn't have ever known Lynn. So now, God gets to bless us with her voice, too. Yes, in the back of our minds we'll make comparisons on some signature Meav songs. But she'll also bring HER solo numbers that no one else could do just the same.

Although it's a bit sad and uncertain right now, years from now we may look back and not be able to imagine any better outcome.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 10:47AM by jsharp1701 » Logged

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: