Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meav's leaving....  (Read 17090 times)
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 02:57PM »

I'm sorry, but every time I see the words "Méav is leaving..." in my head, I automatically finish it with "on a jet plane!"

"...but don't worry 'cause she'll be back again!"  Cheesy

Oh..Thanks!! Now I have THAT stuck in my head!  Grin

celtic_girlakp
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 04:09PM »

LOL! That is super.
celtic crazy

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 10:55AM »

I will always have fond memories of the 2 concerts I was able to attend.
The first with Deidre and the second with Meave. So now that Meave is leaving, my memories have been upgraded from fond to Cherished.

Best Wishes Meave. May you have every possible happiness!
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 12:18PM »

I will have my concert memory with Meav to carry with me forever.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 05:17PM »

I suppose she'll hold you too. Roll Eyes

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
nick in denver

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 12:29AM »

i don't want to be PC about this anymore...i love meav and i already miss her so much it hurts. i have spent alot of time thinking about it and it makes me realize that if (when) cw disbanded, it will be a very hard thing to get over - they mean that much to me. i've traveled 1000 miles to see them, i've spent paychecks on my cw addiction like some of you. i collect everything i can having to do with them. yes i have a life but it's a life made richer by celtic woman. i don't want meav to go...ya i said it...I DON'T WANT HER TO GO ! ! !  Cry
nick in denver

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 12:47AM »

by the way when do you think they will yank her beautiful picture from cw.com?....i know i'm being bitter, sorry...i'm just really sad. at least she was'nt forced out
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 01:06AM »

I doubt you want a PC response, so I won't give one to you.  I miss Méav already too.  I hope they leave her picture up on CW.com...and when the new CW.com is revealed I'd like to see them recognize all of the soloists with a picture:  Lisa, Órlagh, Méav, Chloë, Maíreád, Lynn, Deirdre, and Hayley. 

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
JEdwards
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2007, 01:56AM »

i don't want to be PC about this anymore...i love meav and i already miss her so much it hurts. i have spent alot of time thinking about it and it makes me realize that if (when) cw disbanded, it will be a very hard thing to get over - they mean that much to me. i've traveled 1000 miles to see them, i've spent paychecks on my cw addiction like some of you. i collect everything i can having to do with them. yes i have a life but it's a life made richer by celtic woman. i don't want meav to go...ya i said it...I DON'T WANT HER TO GO ! ! !  Cry

Nick,

My friend, I don't even know you, but I feel your pain so acutely it's almost silly. It's all I can do to even visit the forum lately; it almost feels haunted now (I am being serious and I would appreciate no snide or condescending remarks, please and thank you!) If it's any comfort, trust me, you are not alone in your un-PC feelings. But out of respect for Our Lady, let's (try to) keep our chins up, just the same. Smiley

John
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 02:00AM by MeavMan » Logged
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2007, 06:49AM »

I 100% agree! I am just happy for Meav!

Thanks Lindsey
jsharp

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 07:58AM »

John and Nick,

As a Lisaphile, I cannot (and don't really want to!) imagine what it would be like to see my personal favorite CW leave the group. It's tough to see Meav go as it is. If she were my main lady, that would be so much different. There is assurance in knowing she's going to have a great solo path but that's a way off yet. For the moment it must be pretty unsettling.

My only advice is to remember why you love her so much and why you've respected her choices all these years. She's pretty good at judging these things so I'm sure this will ultimately be a good call for her and - as a bonus - for her fans, too.

Johnny

PS: Feel free to quote this post to me if Lisa ever leaves!

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 08:05AM »

Reading this thread brought up a question. Meav alternated with first Deidre and then Hayley. I wonder if having the down time influenced her decision.

The lady has so many opportunities. CW wasn't the first group that she has sung with but I will bet it was the best. (ok I am a tad biased as Rich would say)

Maybe some day they will do a reunion show with ALL of the ladies.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
jsharp

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 08:17AM »

Meav alternated with first Deidre and then Hayley. I wonder if having the down time influenced her decision.

Judging only from the statements that have been released, it sounds the other way round. I gathered it was the road time that influenced her decision. From day one, she's always wanted to balance her touring with her home life. I assume that even alternating tour dates just wasn't enough for her to feel comfortable with. Just my guess.

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2007, 08:53AM »

Maybe some day they will do a reunion show with ALL of the ladies.

WOW! All 8! That would be amazing!

But as long as Meav is happy, Im happy!

Thanks Lindsey
Birdwatcher

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2007, 09:28AM »

Reunion Show: That idea popped into my head a few minutes ago. Now that would be the "MOTHER" of all CW shows, wouldn't it?Huh? Now, where would be the best place for this show to happen and filmed to create a new DVD?Huh?  RED ROCKS, maybe. CW is continually growing and evolving. It's great to be a fan and watch it happen. Long live CW.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: