Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex Solo CD  (Read 58444 times)
CelticWomanAddict
Total Fanatic

You'll Never Walk Alone

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 07:19PM »

I'm sure it will be a great CD whatever the song selection is  Grin

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 09:07PM »

This is awesome news! Can't wait for it!
L.A. Girl

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 09:40PM »

I agree! Way to go, Alex! Smiley

Dianne
JuanV

Lynn, you're the best!

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 10:12PM »

That's great news! Can't wait to get my hands on it as soon it comes out.
celticartzyangel
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 12:40AM »

WOOP WOOP!!!!
I can SO not wait for this!!!  Cheesy Cheesy YOU GO GIRL!!
CWphile

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 05:47AM »

That is the news we've been waiting for!!!
I just hope it will also be available in my country  Smiley

Keiko
firefly loves lisa k.
Honorary Roadie

Yep. I´m a LisaK.holic!! <3

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 07:03AM »

Aw
That´s awesome!! Can´t wait!!

<3

by me
I met Lisa Kelly, Lisa Lambe, Chloe Agnew, Mairead Nesbitt
Ich liebe dich! xxx
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 11:56AM »

I am extremely delighted to hear that Alex will be recording a CD!  I do hope it'll be available in the U.S. Smiley 

I'd also would like to hear her sing the Voice and Caledonia. Cheesy  I've been curious about it for the longest time and since she has such a pretty voice, I know she'll do them well. Smiley  But I'm fine with whatever she chooses.
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 02:37PM »

AWESOME!!!!!!! I wouldn't mind hearing her sing Caledonia, (I know she could pull it off beautifully) but since that song is already covered why not ignore it and do songs that have yet to be covered? I know she could sing the Voice beautifully, but it just doesn't seem like an Alex song to me for some reason. You know how some songs are just not right for certain singers even though they could pull them off amazingly? Or is it just me? Caledonia I can picture her singing, but I won't be disapointed if she doesn't do it.

Méavaholic
Choir Member

Meav is Ameaving!

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2010, 02:38PM »

AWESOME!!!!!!! I wouldn't mind hearing her sing Caledonia, (I know she could pull it off beautifully) but since that song is already covered why not ignore it and do songs that have yet to be covered? I know she could sing the Voice beautifully, but it just doesn't seem like an Alex song to me for some reason. You know how some songs are just not right for certain singers even though they could pull them off amazingly? Or is it just me? Caledonia I can picture her singing, but I won't be disapointed if she doesn't do it.
I agree COMPLETELY!

Dear Celtic Woman,
I Love you and you are my inspiration.
Thank you Rachael for the Banner it's so lovely!!
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2010, 03:35PM »

That's FANTASTIC news with which to start 2011!! WOOO HOOO!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
dutchfan

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2010, 08:25PM »

if not....we will send you one up if you like Wink

CWphile

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2011, 06:49AM »

if not....we will send you one up if you like Wink

Oh, thank you so much! Your kind offer is greatly appreciated Kiss

Keiko
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 09:44AM »

First, let me say that I am absolutely THRILLED to hear that Alex is working on her solo CD!  I will be anxiously awaiting the chance to buy it and I'm sure I will love it!  The woman has an amazing voice and will do a wonderful job!

What she includes on the CD is going to depend on a lot of things, and we need to remember that, while we have come to love Alex as a member of Celtic Woman, that is NOT all she has, or can, perform!  One of the big influences will be who produces the CD.  If it's connected with Celtic Collections (which is strongly possible, since they have done something with all of the girls ... except maybe Deidre, I'm really not sure about that) then we'll likely see several Celtic style songs included.  If the production is through someone else, the focus may be on more of the songs from her stage performances.   Alex has also mentioned herself, in a past interview, that she would like to do an album of Christian songs, so it could be that as well.   Any of these, or with a mixture of them all, it is going to be a fantastic thing to have and to hear! 

Just a reminder that some of us, those lucky enough to attend concerts during the time Lisa Kelly was on maternity leave with Ellie and Alex was filling in for her, HAVE heard Alex singing both Celedonia and The Voice!  She was amazing with both songs, but that's no surprise.   Like most of us, I will always associate those songs with Lisa, as I heard her singing them first, and they "stick" in my memory, but that should never make us close or mind, or our ears, to another singer.  Alex sang the songs, using the arrangements David had written, but she never tried to "be" or to "replace" Lisa.  There were subtle differences which made it clear this was a different singer, and was just as beautiful as a piece of music. 
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 03:19PM »

oh.... my....goodness.... I cannot wait..... *dies* this is such amazing news!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: