Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour Fatigue!  (Read 10734 times)
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 09:46AM »

great post!

Thanks Lindsey
Meldy

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 08:43PM »

And all their pure voices!! no playback like others......

Banner by:  Scott
mainopsman

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 07:12AM »

Rich, in 2030 I'll be 91. (I always knew you were a young whipper-snapper)  If it works out that I too am not dust in an urn (although I told the wife to have me stuffed) I will be at that  concert too.   It would be great to see, the children of our ladies performing, but I hope their moms are still there too.

The schedule they have for this tour is a back breaker for most, but the enthusiasm of our ladies, and the apparent  joy they seem to have with the audience, is what is getting them through.  Plus, the joy they bring with their music is God's gift to all of us.  I'm sure He is giving them the strength to keep up the pace.

JIM

Dedicate some of your life to others.  Your dedication will not be a sacrifice.  It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end.   Dr. Thomas Dooley
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 05:39PM »

REAL  old thread, I know...but I wonder how our current Celtic Cuties are holding out... Undecided

Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 11:42AM »

They were full of energy on April 5, 2012.  As well as talented musicians they must be world class athletes.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
Wyle_E
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 09:53PM »

They are all young healthy professionals. It seems they do face some streaks in the schedule that may be taxing, but they can handle it. Wait until CW Version 2030. Chloe at 40, Hayley at 42, etc. Then they might need more breaks.

On a side note, wouldnt it be neat if in 2030 maybe some of their kids are also members of CW?

Like Doctor Who, CW regenerates. Of the original group, only Chloe and Mairead remain. The key is David Downes. Lovely Irish ladies who sing like angels can't be exactly common, but David keeps finding them. There's even a potential replacement for Mairead; go to YouTube and search on "celtic duelling violins." I'm not sure if Cora Smyth can dance like Mairead, but she plays the same grade of kick-ass fiddle.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 04:27AM by Wyle_E » Logged

On May 8, I'M GONNA MEET MAIREAD and Lisa, and Susan, and Mairead C.!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: