Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Love must never hold, never hold tight, but let go"  (Read 11024 times)
greenfire6
« on: August 20, 2007, 11:42AM »

“Now the time has come to leave  Keep the flame and still believe”

Thank you, Ms Ni Mhaolchatha, for everything you have done in your music career to date. Whether from a recording studio, funeral or live performance, whether from within or from without the Celtic Woman projects everything you have done is very, very special.

We look forward to following your music as you reach even higher and realize all of your dreams.

Your talent, beauty and grace are so breathtaking and your stage presence so powerful we do hope fulfilling your dreams include live performances “on this far shore” (USA).

But our only true wish for you is your extended break from touring with Celtic Woman will be a wonderful time of refreshment, privacy, safety and creativity.

May God’s face shine down on you and yours always. You are a treasure beyond counting.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 10:51PM by greenfire6 » Logged
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 11:48AM »

Very, very well put, greenfire6.  Méav truly is a treasure.  And welcome to the forum!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 01:23PM »

I just thanked you, greenfire, for your beautiful welcome to Lynn and now I find I must thank you again for your equally beautiful tribute to Meav. Most of us here will be very interested to see where Meav's talent takes her in the future. (A certain Lauren, anybody?) Thank you for respecting Meav's decision and showing us all how to respond to news of her departure. So far, in your couple of posts I've read, you've been a model of the ideal CW fan. Thank you again.

And as Kelli said, welcome to the forum!

Chris

Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 04:53PM »

If you want to be picky (I do), the line's actually something along the lines of 'Love must never hold...never hold tight, but let go.'
That being said, I do find it very fitting right now...

greenfire6
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 10:49PM »

Your right of course. In trying to keep the topic title short I took a little bit too much liberty and out smarted myself.

If I can fix it I will. Maybe I will give up trying to be clever and just type the whole line of lyric.

Thanks for pointing it out to me.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 05:45AM »

If you want to be picky (I do),....
Hey, Flip - nice job there, making the new member feel right at home!   Cheesy

Greenfire, take as much poetic license with the titles as you want.  It's the heart behind the post that counts, and yours is obviously a good one.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 05:46AM »

Yeah, word of warning Greenfire, I'm a bit of a nerd, so feel free to ignore anything I say. Cheesy

kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 07:20AM »

Wonderful post.  Grin

greenfire6
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 07:37AM »

In reply to CRRopes,

Well, ideal fan I doubt. Many members here consistently make well thought-out post and know a lot more about this stuff than I do. Have you read member Kelli’s recent “Random thoughts” post for example?

I love Celt music; admire the artists that produce said music and Celtic Woman in particular. Even though they are making loads of money I wish to encourage them along their way. Even if they never read my words I enjoy trying.

Anyway, nobody should suffer further words about me. But thanks for your kind words just the same.
CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 01:19PM »

In reply to CRRopes,

Well, ideal fan I doubt. Many members here consistently make well thought-out post and know a lot more about this stuff than I do. Have you read member Kelli’s recent “Random thoughts” post for example?

Yes, I have read Kelli's wonderful Random Thoughts post and I think she's the model of an ideal fan too. Smiley

To me the ideal fan is not one who is able to rattle off a bunch of trivia about a group or knows all the lyrics to all the songs or even able to write an in-depth, well thought about post about them. The ideal fan is one who has an open and generous heart when it comes to the group in question and their other fans. The ideal fan embodies the "family" attitude that we strive for in this forum. And your posts about Lynn and Meav are two perfect examples of that kind of attitude.

We have a lot of ideal fans here. Not to single any one person out as more of an ideal fan than anyone else, we are proud to boast of a number of members of this forum who are kind, loving, caring and deeply moved by the music of CW and interaction with other fans. If they are also able to write a thought-provoking post or remember all the song titles from memory, that's just a bonus. Smiley

Chris

Jammalot
Honorary Roadie

Finally back!

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 01:21PM »

If you want to be picky (I do), the line's actually something along the lines of 'Love must never hold...never hold tight, but let go.'
That being said, I do find it very fitting right now...

Uhm....I don't really see the difference between the lines..... Undecided

Wel, here's a map and here's a bible, if you ever lose your way

By Scott

Ty Rich! Grin
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 01:32PM »

Yes, I have read Kelli's wonderful Random Thoughts post and I think she's the model of an ideal fan too. Smiley

Chris

Aww, shucks...thanks Chris (check will be in the mail after I recover from my recent PBS pledge LOL).  Seriously, though, this gives me an opportunity to thank you all again for letting me be a part of this forum.  Hearing the news that Méav was leaving Celtic Woman was initially a tough shock for me (please know, that I welcome Lynn wholeheartedly...I just want them BOTH), but the forums was where I wanted to be as I was working through those emotions (and truth be told, still am).  People "get it" here...and I'm not likely to get the response of "Yeah, Méav is leaving, what's the big deal?" like I did in my personal life  Wink

There is so much to be learned on this forum...everything from trivia about the show or the girls to lessons on the Irish language to an older definition of "hurling". 

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 01:34PM »

Chris

Aww, shucks...thanks Chris (check will be in the mail after I recover from my recent PBS pledge LOL).

Remember, make that out to "Christopher Ropes." And my address is....

Cheesy

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 04:16PM »

It looks like this topic is from the lyrics of "Send Me A Song". Roll Eyes

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 06:46AM »

YEP Grin  Love that song Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: