Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Guy in town  (Read 10248 times)
wraith257

« on: August 20, 2007, 08:53PM »

Just thought I'd introduce myself.My name is Alan and I live in Northern Indiana.I like most types of music but mainly Irish music these days.I'm a late comer to the whole Celtic Woman phenom. I became a CW fan when New Journey aired on PBS and since then I've been a major fan.I've seen them in concert 3 times in 2 weeks.My favorite moment from those concerts was when Orlagh was singing Siuil A Run.Now I know this song by heart both the Irish and English parts,so I started to sing along with her.When she reaches the second chorus she's standing directly in front of me about 10 to 15 feet away.She looks directly at me,she sees me singing with her and this big beautiful smile comes across her face and it just blew me away.The rest of that night she occasionally looked over at me to see if I was still singing along and at one point she even said hi to me.Well enough about me lets talk about Celtic Woman. Wink Grin
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 09:07PM »

Welcome to our BIG family!

Thanks Lindsey
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 01:05AM »

Welcome to the forum, Alan!  And I'd like to thank you again for posting that interview of Lisa's...it was fantastic!  I'm so glad you're here and I hope to see you post often.  How fabulous that you were able to have such wonderful interaction with Órlagh during a show...she is such a special person.  I was thrilled to meet her twice in Colorado and she was every bit as incredible as I thought she'd be!  And you're not the only one "late" to the CW phenom...I only discovered them in February of 2007.  But, oh, what a few months this has been!!!!

Again, welcome!
Kelli

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
chickie.monkey
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 01:58AM »

Welcome to the forum!  Great bunch of people around here! Smiley
Don't worry about being late...I saw the first pbs special then completely missed the boat on a new journey. didn't even know it existed until i was at the concert this past june!  Shocked
I'm glad I'm no longer living under a rock...

Anywhoo...
Welcome!! Smiley

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 05:12AM »

Hi, Alan, Kimberly's my name and I bid you a great welcome. Smiley

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 05:59AM »

Alan, welcome to our forum.  As Kelli said, thank you for posting that telephone interview.  We all love hearing the girls' voices, whether they're singing or speaking.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 06:07AM »

Welcome to the forum, Alan. That is a great story about Órlagh and it will be a memory that you will cherish for a long time. Smiley

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 07:46AM »

Welcome. Yes Orla is a lovely, gracious person. I met her before a show in May away from the venue location and her greeting was from the heart.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Conchobar
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 08:27AM »

Welcome Alan. Three shows in two weeks! You certainly made up for lost time. I'm looking forward to getting to know you, and reading your posts. I think you'll find this is a great place full of wonderful people. I'd like to thank you for the interview as well.
Welcome to the family,
 Bob

Truth is just like time, it catches up, and it just keeps going.  DW
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 09:48AM »

Welcome Alan! What a great memory you will have to cherish, with Órlagh Cheesy

<3 Lauren

<3
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 01:48PM »

Welcome to the Forum! Smiley
James
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 04:52PM »

Welcome to the Forum!

Moscapoet
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 07:41PM »

Welcome Alan! You've joined a very nice family here with one common love in Celtic Woman. I fell off the cliff just this past April and, like you, have been to several concerts since, including Dublin. I had a similar experience with Lisa in Denver. These ladies and their impact can truly be life changing experiences. I had never written poetry before and am now up to 88 with two songs being arranged. Sit back and enjoy the ride my friend. You may never experience anything else like it.   
Thomas
Total Fanatic

I am The Voice - I will remain (Thank You CC)

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 07:47PM »

Welcome Alan,

Tom

Banner by Scott

IDIC - Live long and prosper
Steve P

Know that I will sing to u each night I dream of u

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 07:57AM »

I wish you a warm welcome to the CW family!

Steve

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: