Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New special this summer?  (Read 20858 times)
Breno

« on: January 31, 2011, 02:53PM »

I was checking old Scott's tweets and I saw this:

"(...)also recording for something else that's exciting! And as for new DVD/PBS filming in Summer 2011...well you'll have to watch this space in the New Year!"

Wow, I know it's very early but I'm already excited about it!
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 02:57PM »

i highly doubt that there will be a new DVD this summer. They wont have any time since they added the German/Austria Tour  plus there will be the Summer Tour and the Fall Tour. I do agree that they need to do a new DVD very soon though

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 03:17PM »

plus there will be the Summer Tour and the Fall Tour.
What summer and fall tours? Nobody has announced anything about that. A new DVD is still very much in play.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 03:53PM »

I hope they will shoot a new DVD this summer Cheesy I'll have to go Cheesy
GOOOOD NEWSSS Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:02PM by Dinozzzo » Logged

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 03:58PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH  Cheesy  GOOOOOD NEWSSSSS Cheesy
Don't get excited! All I'm saying is that we don't know what's going to happen! All options are open.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
lisaholic nr1
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 03:59PM »

I was checking old Scott's tweets and I saw this:

"(...)also recording for something else that's exciting! And as for new DVD/PBS filming in Summer 2011...well you'll have to watch this space in the New Year!"

Wow, I know it's very early but I'm already excited about it!

hehe, I sorta knew... I am going if its going to happen Cheesy Cheesy Money saved! Cheesy
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 04:04PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH  Cheesy  GOOOOOD NEWSSSSS Cheesy
Don't get excited! All I'm saying is that we don't know what's going to happen! All options are open.

Don't worry, I'm just very happy about this big news Cheesy I hope it happens Smiley *cross fingers*

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
MaryNorth93
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 04:28PM »

Cool! Curious wether they'll have a 5th lady as well if they record a new dvd or we'll have the first Celtic Woman DVD with four performers.. we shall see   Smiley
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:29PM by MaryN. » Logged
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 05:08PM »

plus there will be the Summer Tour and the Fall Tour.
What summer and fall tours? Nobody has announced anything about that. A new DVD is still very much in play.

ok sorry. I contradicted myself. They can't do much of a Summer tour, at least in June, because thats when they will be touring Germany and places around there.... and as far as not announcing a fall tour...they will in time. why would CW tour the Eastern part of the U.S. and totally leave out the West Coast? that wont happen...They will most likely tour the West Coast in the Fall.

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 05:20PM »

They can do a new dvd anytime.  Only takes about 90 minutes, maybe 2 hours, right?
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 05:28PM »

They can do a new dvd anytime.  Only takes about 90 minutes, maybe 2 hours, right?

no to do a DVD it would take 2 days

worldtraveler

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 05:31PM »

Wow, if this happens so soon, it would be very exciting!
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 08:32PM »

I think a new DVD is definitely a possibility.  Regardless of whether they do one this year or not though, I have a feeling that there will be some very exciting stuff in the months to come. Smiley  I'll be on the look out for updates!
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 09:32PM »

They can do a new dvd anytime.  Only takes about 90 minutes, maybe 2 hours, right?

It actually takes far longer than that. The girls have to learn the new music for the show, spend a huge amount of time in dance rehearsals, and go through all the fittings necessary to make sure their dresses are just right. Not to mention that they would have to record the music for the accompanying CD which takes a huge chunk of time as well. And that is just the girls' part of it. It doesn't take into account the MASSIVE amount of planning that has to go on as far as location and set up, the time it takes to do things like construct the stage and set up all the lighting and camera equipment, and prep an entire orchestra. A phenomenal amount of time goes into these productions.

aislin
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 10:27AM »

It actually takes far longer than that. The girls have to learn the new music for the show, spend a huge amount of time in dance rehearsals, and go through all the fittings necessary to make sure their dresses are just right. Not to mention that they would have to record the music for the accompanying CD which takes a huge chunk of time as well. And that is just the girls' part of it. It doesn't take into account the MASSIVE amount of planning that has to go on as far as location and set up, the time it takes to do things like construct the stage and set up all the lighting and camera equipment, and prep an entire orchestra. A phenomenal amount of time goes into these productions.

aislin

oops i actually meant that the rehearsing would probably take 2 weeks. My bad.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: