Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New special this summer?  (Read 20856 times)
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 03:45PM »

I have to agree, prepping for the recording of a new DVD takes a huge amount of work and time!  There is no way it could be just "fit in between" other commitments  Besides that, it's extremely unlikely that they would film a DVD then go back out on tour with the previous show!  It is a pretty safe bet thatthe "Songs from the Heart" tour will have been retired before a new DVD is filmed.
MaryNorth93
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 03:50PM »

I have to agree, prepping for the recording of a new DVD takes a huge amount of work and time!  There is no way it could be just "fit in between" other commitments  Besides that, it's extremely unlikely that they would film a DVD then go back out on tour with the previous show!  It is a pretty safe bet thatthe "Songs from the Heart" tour will have been retired before a new DVD is filmed.

Didn't they continue with Isle of Hope after filming the SFTH-dvd? Well, we shall see. The year just started after all.

They can take all the time they want. The dvds usually come out 'pretty good'  Wink
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 04:12PM »

I have to agree, prepping for the recording of a new DVD takes a huge amount of work and time!  There is no way it could be just "fit in between" other commitments  Besides that, it's extremely unlikely that they would film a DVD then go back out on tour with the previous show!  It is a pretty safe bet thatthe "Songs from the Heart" tour will have been retired before a new DVD is filmed.

exactly. That is one reason why i dont think that they will do a new DVD this year.

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 04:16PM »

I think if I've learned anything from following Celtic Woman over the years it is to never "expect" anything. They have announced some surprising things in the past that we weren't expecting and they have gone in different directions when we thought they would go in a particular direction. I think I'm just gonna go with the flow on this one and wait and see. These girls have shown us that anything is possible right now.  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 05:46PM by lifeismusic2009 » Logged

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
Jennifer
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 04:31PM »

I think if I've learned anything from following Celtic Woman over the years it is to never "expect" anything. They have announced some surprising things in the past that we weren't expecting and they have gone in different directions when they thought they would go in a particular direction. I think I'm just gonna go with the flow on this one and wait and see. These girls have shown us that anything is possible right now.  Smiley
I'm gonna go with the flow as well! Smiley
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 04:56PM »

Didn't they continue with Isle of Hope after filming the SFTH-dvd?
Yes. They taped Songs from the Heart at Powerscourt House and Gardens in July 2009, but they continued touring IoH with over 35 dates in October and November of that year.  SftH first aired on PBS on November 28; the CD and DVD went on sale in January 2010 and the tour started in February.

The planning for a new concert starts months in advance. If something were planned for this year, I have a hunch Scott would have said something about it on Twitter by now.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 10:39AM »

I think if I've learned anything from following Celtic Woman over the years it is to never "expect" anything. They have announced some surprising things in the past that we weren't expecting and they have gone in different directions when they thought they would go in a particular direction. I think I'm just gonna go with the flow on this one and wait and see. These girls have shown us that anything is possible right now.  Smiley
I must admit that I agree with this statement. CW has always dropped little itty-bitty hints our way to entice us, and then do something completely different than expected. Take a look at the German SFTH cd. We heard they were in studio, but had no idea what for. And then we find out what it was, and we were totally surprised! Especially with the additional songs! So I think its a waste of time trying to predict what CW has in store for us all. Because let's face it, they like to tantalize us, then throw us a curve ball.
YoungTwins

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 11:21AM »

A new DVD is still very much in play.

We realllllllly hope so! A return to Ireland for a DVD filming would be the perfect way to celebrate our college graduation!  Grin

Patiently waiting for CW to return to the West Coast Smiley
GeorgeN

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 11:46AM »

Didn't they continue with Isle of Hope after filming the SFTH-dvd?
Yes. They taped Songs from the Heart at Powerscourt House and Gardens in July 2009, but they continued touring IoH with over 35 dates in October and November of that year.  SftH first aired on PBS on November 28; the CD and DVD went on sale in January 2010 and the tour started in February.

The planning for a new concert starts months in advance. If something were planned for this year, I have a hunch Scott would have said something about it on Twitter by now.

OK….. new PBS special…. Maybe yes, maybe no…. they could “fit it in” in July or August this year and then put the current show back on the road in the Fall as they have done in the past….. or they could do something completely different like go back to Asia and South Africa…..

Last time I missed going to Ireland because we couldn’t get a passport in time. I’m not making that mistake again, and if we save up a little for the trip and it doesn’t happen, then we’ll have extra $$ for seeing more shows in the fall.

In any event….. mention CW and I’m excited!  Grin

GeorgeN
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 09:59PM »

I hope there is one this summer.  I'll keep my fingers crossed!  Nuff said.

Palmie00

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 11:03PM »

I just enjoy what I have from the girls right now!!

Speculation most of the time only brings disappointment......like hoping for a Live Concert Tour DVD.

If you just enjoy what you have already, you'll be twice as excited when something new does inevitably come around. Smiley

edanargu

Celtic Woman fan from Mexico!

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 09:39PM »

If so... I really would love to go to Ireland this coming summer for their newest DVD recording!!
Wondering if Lil Lambe will be there for the recording?
Lynn Hilary will come back?
Just thoughts in my mind

Smiley ..

Celtic Woman do not know borders. They also live inside the heart of a Mexican fan.
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 10:20AM »

If so... I really would love to go to Ireland this coming summer for their newest DVD recording!!
Wondering if Lil Lambe will be there for the recording?
Lynn Hilary will come back?
Just thoughts in my mind

Smiley ..

as it looks now, i dont think they will have time to do a new DVD recording this summer, so im not expecting there to be one, and yes, of course Lisa Lambe will be on the next one (whenever the next one is made) because she is the newest member of CW

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Maggie
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 10:47AM »

I just enjoy what I have from the girls right now!!
Speculation most of the time only brings disappointment......like hoping for a Live Concert Tour DVD.
If you just enjoy what you have already, you'll be twice as excited when something new does inevitably come around. Smiley

Wise words!

As for Lynn or any of the ladies returning to CW......they left and have moved on.
You have to accept it and enjoy the present cast, as Palmie00 said.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2011, 02:33AM »

As for Lynn or any of the ladies returning to CW......they left and have moved on.
You have to accept it and enjoy the present cast, as Palmie00 said.

Please don't be too hard on Edd.  We have accepted their departure, but it's okay to dream.  I know none of them won't be in the new DVD whenever that is.  It's just fun to dream.

I agree that they might be too busy for a new special, so we'll just wait and see WHEN it happens.  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 02:44AM by Tiffany Gray » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: