Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Tour  (Read 18921 times)
wrea398
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 08:25PM »

Agreed. Too many things on the internet...true or false?  Who cares...  People make changes and move on.  I think Lynn is 28 years old now.  Many women her age would be considering marriage, children etc.  She has been on stage for MANY years with not much else in her life and I can only imagine her desire to go back home for a long break.  We have all changed jobs a few times in our lives and she is no different. I wish her the best of luck. 
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 07:44AM »

We need to come up with a plan to get her back, even if its not with CW. Just to get her performing in the USA, even if its just a few shows. I am still hoping for a collaberation of former members to do a dvd and / or a BRIEF 24 city 6 week USA tour. Maybe call it Celt-X-Woman  Cheesy

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
hopfrog5557

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 07:23AM »

Look, I was not suggesting something sinister. I merely have questions why a 28 year old woman who, after years of being part of a chorus that was named above her on the marquee if she was named at all, would give up a gig where she was named and making a huge name for herself because she's homesick.

I'm not saying that her stated reasons are not valid or truthful, but I do have questions. To date, the only way I have found to get answers is to ask questions.

I have never in my life seen a topic that could not be augmented by a rational discussion.
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 09:40AM »

Unless you can ask her yourself then you should prolly just take the reason for why she left as it is.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 12:10PM by 07-sara » Logged

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
The Quiet Man

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 11:45AM »

I have to agree with Rich that this act wouldn't be entering its seventh year if the management were in fact heartless slave-drivers.  The fact is we don't know what goes on behind the scenes and we really shouldn't be digging into it, because nothing good can come of that.  That said, I tend to accept people's reasons for going, but with a grain of salt.  As someone who practiced labor and employment law for four years, I have to say that not everyone who leaves a situation is entirely forthcoming with the reasons.  There may be non-disclosure agreements, there may be personal reasons, the person may just be savvy enough not to bad-mouth a former boss.  Lynn gave the reason she gave, and even if you have questions, it's probably all you are going to get unless you question her yourself, which I don't recommend. 

That said, I can see having questions or being unhappy with the recent personnel changes.  Losing not one but two beloved performers in a year is tough to swallow, whatever the reason.  Meav and Orlagh at least had some space between them.  We may all dream about a reunion concert, or about this one or that one returning one day, but I submit the former is unlikely and the latter less so.  Deirdre is out of  the group since 2005, Hayley's out of there four years, Meav's out of there almost four years, Orlagh two, and although none of them have said they will never return in so many words,  if it was going to happen I submit it would have by now.  Hate to say it, but I'm not sure the statement that Lynn might come visit on tour was a helpful one, as it might raise false hopes.  I think everyone who leaves CW makes a clean break and moves on, Orlagh and Meav don't even talk to their former bandmates (by their own admission).  It might take time for that to sink in, but I say give it that time.   
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 04:03PM »

Does anyone know someone in Las Vegas that could put a show together with all the ex members (if it could happen, Vegas would be best  bet).....or some of them.... what a show... THE CELTIC LADIES......i could see Lynnypoo headlining by herself in Vegas..... she would wow them... OR Lynn and Alex together......
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:13AM by bot1tle » Logged
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 06:12PM »

Guys, as Rich pointed out in a previous post in this thread, we keep hoping this discussion about Lynn's "real" reasons for leaving CW will end.

Lynn stated her reason for leaving. Accept it. Speculating will not bring her back. Believe it or not, performers DO move on to other projects because they want to try something different or choose a different fork in the road. I say we wish Lynn well as she travels down a new path and not try to play detective.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
hopfrog5557

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 06:40PM »

I suppose I'm just bitter because, like a dope, I didn't discover CW until after I had watched the SFTH DVD and found out both Alex and Lynn had left the group. I screwed up my chance to see that group of four perform live together. My timing stinks.

One thing that I am fairly sure of is that there's very little if any animosity between the ladies. Alex sent a Tweet to Mairead wishing her and CW luck before they kicked off the tour. Lynn has always been very complimentary of the ladies that she worked with.
The Quiet Man

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 11:34AM »

Not looking to play detective, in fact I think we SHOULDN'T dig into what goes on behind the scenes, nothing good can come of that.  That said, sometimes it isn't easy to "just move on" when something changes.  Lynn is a wonderful person and it's tough to say goodbye, especially when it was kind of sudden - unfortunately CW doesn't tend to give much advance warning when a member is leaving (this is not a criticism, just a statement of fact).  I'm sure we all wish Lynn well, but I hope it's ok to say she is missed.
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 03:46PM »

I'm sure we all wish Lynn well, but I hope it's ok to say she is missed.

It's more than okay to say she is missed . Lynn will always hold a very special place in all our hearts for the person she is and for what she brought to Celtic Woman.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
hopfrog5557

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 04:20PM »

To support my theory that the girls getting along was not the problem, Orlagh just posted a photo of herself with Lynn and Alex after one of her concerts on her Facebook page. They did not look uncomfortable or like they were not getting along.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: