Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW and Social Media  (Read 1315 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: February 20, 2011, 08:58AM »

We're delighted that the CW performers have become so active in the social media sites, like FB and Twitter. It allows us to see a new, playful side to these artists we adore. Last night's Q&A with Chloë was great! Several of the girls have even taken to sending Direct Messages (DMs) to their fans on Twitter. Sadly, I've noticed on a few occasions that individual fans have publicly posted the text - and screen shots - of those DMs. Folks, the whole idea of a DM is that it's a private communication. If the artist wanted it posted publicly, they wouldn't have sent it privately. I know it's an ego boost to receive this type of communication, but I would ask that the members of the CW and LK Fan Club forums respect the ladies' privacy and keep these notes to yourselves.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 03:51AM »

Thanks Rich.
I think it's really awesome that the girls take time to communicate with us and interact with us, as well as share so much with us.  I think it's so disrespectful when people expose their privacy to the world, especially when the girls were nice enough to share that private thing with that particular fan in the first place.
I'm a pretty private person too.  I get pretty ticked when people disrespect my privacy, and I would be upset if I was in that situation.  Public figures are human-beings, just like the rest of us, and we all are entitled to our privacy.

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 05:02AM »

Its kind of ironic, in a way. Fans are making public private communications, yet keeping something public private.

As we all know, photos are now allowed at M&Gs. We have seen a few posted, but think about it, There must be many more. Its a public thing, and the ladies know they are being photographed. Its even great public relations / marketing as well. Imagine people seeing those photos posted and saying "wow who are they? You got to mingle after the show with them? Thats soooo cool...how do I get tickets for something like that?" Plus the ladies look great and photos play to that strength, again in a marketing way.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: