Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5th Celtic Woman  (Read 39614 times)
Excalibur

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 02:26PM »

IMHO The 5-girls lineup was better. I can speak only having watched the dvds and the videos on Youtube, since I live in Italy and I never had the opportunity to see the group live. Without a doubt they're still great with four, but five was the original concept and there were more harmonies in the songs (I think of Danny Boy, for example, that arrangement was specific for 4 singers and not 3). And I personally don't think it's necessary to reduce the singers to give more space to the others. In 'A New Journey" DVD there were five singers and everyone of them had two solos, actually Lisa had 3. In the first DVD there were four singers and the average solos number was three. My 2 cents Smiley
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 04:59PM by Excalibur » Logged

Dasher

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 12:21AM »

I love it when there are four singers and one fiddler, that makes 5.. Mathematically, it's an odd number but meaningfully it's pretty 'even' number. It's like on stage a couple of singers on each side and a wide space between the two sets, and there's perfect spot for the fiddler. She'd be in the middle but farther down behind the quartet. As the four sing beautifully, she'd be wonderfully playing her lovely violin.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 01:10PM »

I really miss the 4 part harmonies.  It made their group numbers that much more powerful in my opinion.  They still do sound lovely though.  Only time will tell what happens next.
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 04:11PM »

I'd probably love them the way they are (I wouldn't know since they aren't coming back to WA this tour Cry), but I know I'll miss the four part harmonies! And I agree with Dasher...5 is a good balanced number. Smiley

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 07:11PM »

As with any new member of Celtic Woman, they will be awesome regardless of who they are. In fact, we might have never heard of them and they'd be great. Just thought that I'd say that.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 11:31PM »

As with any new member of Celtic Woman, they will be awesome regardless of who they are. In fact, we might have never heard of them and they'd be great. Just thought that I'd say that.
Totally true! David hasn't disapointed us yet!!! at least he hasn't disapointed me yet...

Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 07:18PM »

I agree, 5 Celtic women has always been even more heavenly than 4!

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 10:48PM »

Honestly, I do prefer 5, just for the harmonies, but I was still blown away by just Chloe, Lisa, Lynn and Mairead... although the harmonies in GMA with just Chloe and Lisa weren't as good as they were with the 3 girls... don't get me wrong, I still absolutely loved it... it is different with just 3 voices... although I do love Danny Boy with 3 voices and Mairead. Smiley

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 12:57AM »

I'll give an opinion about it after my first concert in Germany. I love and enjoy all the girls, but no line-up did beat for me the original group.. yet.

MARY N so glad to hear you will be at a concert in JUNE in Germany...I hope to be at one or two also...you have been such a loyal fan and conniseur of their music from the beginning...When I became acquainted with the group..Meav had already left !! so I was a little late in becoming a die-hard fan that I am today.

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
MaryNorth93
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 06:50AM »

I'll give an opinion about it after my first concert in Germany. I love and enjoy all the girls, but no line-up did beat for me the original group.. yet.

MARY N so glad to hear you will be at a concert in JUNE in Germany...I hope to be at one or two also...you have been such a loyal fan and conniseur of their music from the beginning...When I became acquainted with the group..Meav had already left !! so I was a little late in becoming a die-hard fan that I am today.

shankdee

Thank you for your sweet words Carla. But I acually didn't know CW from the beginning. I discovered them also short after Méav left. Miss the lady..  Sad but Sandy and Marie-France have let know that there are waiting new suprises from her, WOOP!  Grin

For some songs I can hardly imagen that they sound just as good with 3 singers, but I want to avoid complaining (have done that too much Embarrassed) It wouldn't be fair to judge the line-up without having seen a concert. Well.... 59 days left, WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Grin
barbeaver

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 02:23PM »

During the month of April, I have been blessed to attend four shows. I love the show exactly how it is. I think David has done a wonderful job selecting the cast members. I hope they keep the same line up for years to come. On a personal note, I had two M&Gs recently and was very surprised and happy to see all four girls. I love the show just the way it is.

Cheesy

EMERALD GEMS
Jennifer
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2011, 10:28AM »

I've been waiting to respond to this thread until I saw CW with 4 girls for myself. I have to say that I absolutely love it the way it is! It's just an incredible line up!
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011, 03:32PM »

David did a very good job at finding the new singer and reworking the songs to fit the 3 person and Mairead Line up

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 10:37PM »

David did a very good job at finding the new singer and reworking the songs to fit the 3 person and Mairead Line up

Actually, David did the re-working before Lisa Lambe was brought into the group.  He had to have made the changes for a three singer/fiddler show before the Australian tour, which had the same configuration.  The difference then was Lynn instead of Lisa Lambe in the lineup.  Now, yes, I'm sure there was a little bit of reworking done on LL's own solos, but I think we all need to remember that David had already made the changes in the show itself.

And that, my friends, brings us back to the original question of this thread, that of a fifth member of Celtic Woman.  I believe it is a pretty safe assumption that the current format, that of three singers and our Fiddlin' Fairy, is what is planned for the future.  I think it only makes sense that, if David had any plans to return to the five performer arrangement, he would have done so before the current tour began.  Think about it ... he was already going to be making changes for one new girl, why wouldn't he have done it for two if he had any intentions at all to bring in another girl.

As I've said before, it is my belief that David probably intends to keep Celtic Woman in the current configuration.  The performances are just as vibrang and exciting with four as they were with five.  The smaller group also means that each of those performers gets MORE time on stage, more interaction with, and performance for, the crowd ... the fans.  It really is a win-win arrangement, and David has proven himself to be extremely smart when creating winning shows.  I think he realized that this is a winning one, and he really does not have any reason to change it now.
KelticKraze

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 06:16PM »

I know the whole idea of Celtic Woman started from David but I was wondering at this point in the life of Celtic Woman, is it up to David how many soloists there are? Any one know?

KC
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: