Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "My Land" airings announced  (Read 17757 times)
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 09:14AM »

I love how the only one listed as coming in april with no dates attached in the list is Oklahoma.... the state I live in haha

Maggie
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 11:29AM »

There is only one airing in Florida, and it's nowhere near us.

I know our local PBS station WMFE is having financial problems, along with many other PBS stations.
They have dropped a lot of programs.
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 08:28PM »

Valley PBS: HALF HOUR PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin

totallylovesCw

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2011, 03:36PM »

Anything for Chicago

April 16 was the best night i ever had
thank you Julia  for a wonderful banner and Evi for the avatar Smiley
Jeffrey aka Jeff
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2011, 04:16PM »

PBS stations may fear to spend the money for new shows due to the threatened loss of public funding, leaving them uncertain about where their existing funds should be spent.   Once the threat of loss of federal funding has passed, they may loosen up, but are likely to be conservative in their expenditures until then.

To the extent we as fans can insulate Orla from these pressures, we should, in my opinion.  That means to the extent we can purchase her music and concert tickets independent of PBS,  let's do it!  I don't want to see her future fate as an artist depend upon the current whims of those in the political debate over public financing of educational media broadcasting in the US.

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 01:35PM »

I went ahead and pledged for a PBS version of the CD and it does have 3 bonus tracks, Water is Wide/ Shenandoah, Carolan's Welcome from one of her Christmas CDs, and the instrumental song from Distant Shore, the Michael O'Dwyer's/Trip to Shanbally's one.
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 11:42PM »

For those of you who follow Órla on Facebook or twitter you probably know that she was in LA earlier this week. She took this opportunity to do some more promo of My Land on KCET and I filmed the interviews so that you all can see them. The reason that the quality is so poor is because I filmed it off the TV with my camera. If you watch the second one you'll see 2 short performances of Aililiu Na Gamhna from her The Water is Wide album, which I think is really cool because I've never seen her perform that one. Enjoy!

Part I
Part II
Part III
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 02:35PM »

For those of you who follow Órla on Facebook or twitter you probably know that she was in LA earlier this week. She took this opportunity to do some more promo of My Land on KCET and I filmed the interviews so that you all can see them. The reason that the quality is so poor is because I filmed it off the TV with my camera. If you watch the second one you'll see 2 short performances of Aililiu Na Gamhna from her The Water is Wide album, which I think is really cool because I've never seen her perform that one. Enjoy!

Part I
Part II
Part III
Great Videos!!

SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 02:51PM »

The videos turned out great, Mikey!! Thanks for posting the links.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
L.A. Girl

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 03:56PM »

Thanks, Mikey! It was great seeing them again.

Dianne Smiley
Patti Plays Pipes

though hope is frail it's hard to kill...<3

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 10:58AM »

My parents and Meg (my sis) bought the DVD and compnion CD for me. Cry brought me to TEARS is was THAT amazing!!!!!!

Patricia~Patti! * I play pipes & harp!

Thank you Hayley! xxxxxxx
greenfire6
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 09:10AM »

Thanks for making and posting vids of Órla's recent KCET appearance Mikey.

As I watched I couldn't help but think KCET could have given the guy the night off! No offense intended but Órla could have MCed the whole thing by herself!

Such a remarkable lady...
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 09:18AM »

I loved it so much I had to go out and by the DVD!! Grin Grin

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2011, 06:13PM »

This is what happens when I don't check the forum often enough. Have I missed it entirely? I hope that WSIU or KETC will air it sometime.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 06:33PM »

My parents and Meg (my sis) bought the DVD and compnion CD for me. Cry brought me to TEARS is was THAT amazing!!!!!!

It is indeed that amazing, PPP!  Everyone should go out and get it or give it as a gift!  Cool

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: