Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Celtic Woman 10 Year Anniversary Concert"  (Read 26491 times)
The Quiet Man

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 03:44PM »

Unlikely at best.  It's also my understanding that some of the artists left on less-than-perfect terms, though the particulars are not widely known.  Also, if you read Hayley's autobiography, it's clear she wasn't happy touring with Celtic Woman.   Everyone dreams of getting everyone together again, but I think overtures to participate in one would be met with a cold response.
Breno

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 04:58PM »

The ideia is about a concert, not a tour.
Siew

Good Day, folks. ;)

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 07:42PM »

Signed the petition! Hopefully it comes true!

hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 11:15PM »

Unlikely at best.  It's also my understanding that some of the artists left on less-than-perfect terms, though the particulars are not widely known.  Also, if you read Hayley's autobiography, it's clear she wasn't happy touring with Celtic Woman.   Everyone dreams of getting everyone together again, but I think overtures to participate in one would be met with a cold response.

It may be your "understanding" about the reasons members left, but every single one of them says the same thing, that they left for their own reasons, whether that be missing home, working on solo careers, being with family or a combination of them all.  Since each of them HAS done exactly what they said they were choosing to do, and since they have all continued to speak  kindly about the other members of Celtic Woman and the organization itself, I do not think there is any reason to believe these ridiculous rumors.  Let's be honest, I suspect you got this "understanding" from reading certain blogs and perhaps comments on youtube from people who claim to have lots of personal knowledge, but who have failed to ever produce even one shred of evidence to support their outlandish claims.  There is plenty of evidence, however, things are good within the CW organization.  Think about it, do you believe that "Twink" Agnew would allow her daughter to have been involved with Celtic Woman for all these years .. more of them when she was a minor than as an adult, if there were all those problems people keep trying to claim?  Would someone with the talents, the abilities, and under as much demand as Mairead, continue to work in a group where she was not being treated the way she deserved to be?  The CEO is Lisa Kelly's husband and it's pretty obvious that the ridiculous claims of "some" people about their relationship is an out and out lie, so why would someone believe that he would allow her to be mistreated?

Bottom line is that you are buying into rumors, not facts, and when you insist on repeating those rumors, you are absolutely NOT helping or supporting the girls of Celtic Woman.
GeorgeN

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 11:40AM »

Unlikely at best.  ......

I can see it happening, especially if done in Ireland. Say at the Helix, where it all started?  Grin That way there would be little or no travel involved for the former members. If each girl did 2 or 3 songs at the most it would only take two or three days of effort on their part..... and they’d make lotsa $money$, while breathing life into the older CW CD/DVDs that they get royalties from. PBS would love it, but it would be all about making money, having fun, and meeting up with old friends.

GeorgeN
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 07:45PM »

Folks, I think we have to be careful that this thread doesn't get unraveled and spin out of control with speculation and "hear say". We have been through all this before and it leads nowhere.

Please just stick to the topic.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
greenfire6
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 08:43PM »

Folks, I think we have to be careful that this thread doesn't get unraveled and spin out of control with speculation and "hear say". We have been through all this before and it leads nowhere.

Please just stick to the topic.
Zee

What? Us spin out of control? I resemble that remark!  Grin  Seriously, thanks Zee.

Back on topic: When it comes to hopin' an wishin' for a 10 year Anniversary Concert I say Never Say Die and anything is possible. Besides, such a project wouldn't need 100% participation to be a smash!  Wink

Regardless, Long Live Celtic Woman!  Cheesy
worldtraveler

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 05:38PM »

If something like this could be orchestrated, it would make for a CW show of epic proportions!  It's a tantalizing prospect, and I guess we'll have to wait and see if it could happen.
Vincanity0011210

The Diamond In The Rough

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 11:10AM »

There may be spoilers at one point or another in here. I apologize in advance if you run into any.

Okay, this is a thought that has been bouncing around in my head for quite some time now. I don't know about everyone else, but in the year 2014, I want a concert. Not just any concert or a farewell concert, but an anniversary concert to celebrate a group of people that have done a lot for so many people. I've heard Celtic Woman save lives, including my own, rebuild relationships, and ignite passion and drive for those struggling with careers or people they do not care for. Whether it is them going out in a bang or just giving us everything they can possibly do in a show, I feel at a ten year anniversary would be the perfect spot to do it. And I have many ideas that I wish to give them or discuss with others.

1st. Who should be in it?
All of them. Not just the current roster, but everyone that has joined Celtic Woman and brought the joy to us. Alex, Chloe, Deirdre, Hayley, Lisa K., Lisa L., Lynn, Mairead, Meav and Orlagh. The additional background singers that have performed in all of the different recordings. The current number of past and present 'Celtic Women' is ten, but it seems that some find their own path when they can. By 2014 I would suspect there to be a total of 11 of them, maybe even twelve. Now from the stages we've seen them built even just from A New Journey, they could easily build a place big enough to fit them all. This brings us to the next question…

2nd. Where would it be held?
Ireland. It would have to be Ireland. As much as I would love for them to do a recording in the U.S., the 10 year concert feels like something that should be held in their homeland. As for the exact venue, there are so many wonderful options that I am sure would fit them perfectly. They could continue a Castle theme at Blarney Castle or Trim Castle. They could be enveloped by ground, air and sea on the Cliffs of Moher.  They could take to the streets and the bustle of urban life in front of St. Patrick's Cathedral. The options are finite, but the ideas are not. But just ten girls would be a lot, not to mention twelve if my predictions are right. So then…

3rd. What kind of theme for the dresses could there be?
The wonderful thing about the numbers 10 and 12, and even 11, there are many themes that could come with this number. Examples include:
a. Colors. Just pure colored themes for each would be vibrant and gorgeous, I have no doubt.
b. Zodiac. 12 Zodiac with at least 2 different sets means there could be a wonderfully creative dress collection.
c. Planets. While it sounds odd, pictures and graphic designs about the planets can come out at the top of beautiful. If there is ten performers (main performers I should say since there are so many otheres helping up there) then use the planets and the sun, if there's 11 then add the moon, if 12 add the stars as one. I'm sure the ideas are noticeable now.
d. Elements of nature. It sounds over done, but This theme is always beautiful and speaks so much. Plant life for a nice green, the Earth itself for a tan and brown color, water for a dark blue, snow/ice for a cyan, air could be a light greenish blue, fire an orange red, lightning as a brilliant yellows, light as a shimmering white, dark as an engulfing black, sun and moon as gold and silver. other ones could easily be included if needed.
e. All the same dress. It's been done before like in the beginning of ANJ, and it was amazing. The designs differed yet they all flowed together beautifully.
As I said, there are many ideas and it would be unbelievably great if they are anything like past dresses. Even then, we are there to hear them sing and take us into their world first, look flashy second. But…

4th. How will each performer get a chance to truly sing their heart out with so many others? It would be madness!
That is something I can fully agree on. If they did the usual hour and a half, two hour performance, it would be hard for any of them to individually sing more than one song and a few groups, with maybe one or two duets/triplets thrown in. That is why I would suggest doing, for this one weekend, 3 shows in each night that are 3.5 hours long, not including breaks. And now people are probably yelling at me through their computer for such an insane idea. But the thing is, It would only be this one time where they would ever be this stressed. Afterwards for any additional tour they do it could go back to the normal time. With the few seconds in-between each song for preparation, the talking they do before, and the usual length of songs, I would guess every song would average out to about 4 minutes. So every hour of performance, that would be around 15 songs,  estimating around 45/50 songs overall. Think of that. Enough songs for at least 2 Solo songs each, 10 Duet/Triplets,  and almost 15 group songs!

[Summer]1. Group - The Sky The Dawn and The Sun (An Extended Version if possible.)
2. Duet/Triplets - New Song
3. Solo - Chloe- When You Believe
4. Solo - Lisa K-  The Voice
5. Solo - Mairead- The Butterfly
6. Group - Songs of the Heart
7. Solo - Meav -
8. Solo - Lynn -
9. Duet/Triplets -
10. Solo - Orlagh
11. Duet/Triplets -
12. Solo - Westenra-
13. Solo - Alex
14.Group - New Song
~INTERMISSION 1
[Autum Transition]15. Duet/Triplets - Orinoco Flow
16. Solo - Deirdre-
17. Duet/Triplets - The Soft Goodbye
18. Group -
19. Solo - Lisa L
20. Duet/Triplets -
21. Solo - Chloe-
22. Solo - Orlagh - Isle of Inisfree
23. Solo - Alex
24. Solo -
25. Group - Mo Ghile Mear
~INTERMISSION 2
26. Group - Half doing Spanish Lady (an extended version), Half Doing At the Ceili, switching between songs and tempos.
27. Group - ^ Part of the time for the above song.
[Winter Transition]28. Solo - Mairead - The Ashoken Farewell / The Contradiction (Allows Dress Change)
29. Duet/Triplets -
30. Duet/Triplets -
31. Solo - Meav-Danny Boy
32. Solo -
33. Solo - Deirdre-
34. Solo -
35. Duet/Triplets -
36. Group - Christmas Pipes/Let It Snow
~INTERMISSION 3
[Spring Transition]37. Duet/Triplets -
38. Solo - Westenra-
39. Solo - Chloe-
40. Group -
41. Group -
42. Solo - Lisa L
43. Duet/Triplets -
44. Solo -
45. Duet/Triplets -
46. Solo -
47. Solo -
48. Group - One World
49. Group  - New Song
50. Group - Your Raise Me Up
Extra - Spanish Lady

That is what I have so far. This is as developed as my idea has come so far, but what is everyone's opinion? I would lvoe both feedback and more ideas to add to this! Thank you for reading all this way.

-Vinny

Follow me on Tumblr!
VinceVent
Critiques on my art=always helpful!
DeviantArt
I'm also looking for comments on my work.
VanderPhoto[
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 04:47PM »

That would be awesome!!!!!  Could we include Sarah Burke in the choir?  I know she hasn't been in any of the recordings...

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 06:40PM »

A 10 year anniversary seems to be on the mind of more than one forum member:

http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=15849.0

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Vincanity0011210

The Diamond In The Rough

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 01:21PM »

Wow, I tried searching for this before I posted my own, but couldn't get anything. I had the same idea too! Smiley
I will sign definitely. Here's a link to my own if anyone is interested in putting ideas together.

http://celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=16100.0;topicseen

Follow me on Tumblr!
VinceVent
Critiques on my art=always helpful!
DeviantArt
I'm also looking for comments on my work.
VanderPhoto[
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, 04:34PM »

That would be amazing!!!  Although I'd add some songs that include between 4 and 8 voices (depending on however many there'll be by then).  I know some of their songs can be arranged to where more singers get a solo part, and as for 8-voice pieces, 4-part harmonies would still sound amazing, especially having TWO voices on each part!  Same for 3-part harmonies with 6 voices or 9 voices!!!  Okay lol I'm probably not making much sense lol.

I know some people doubt this'll happen, but you really never know what Celtic Woman will do.  They love to surprise us!!!  They really surprised us with the new songs for their SFTH German CD and Lullaby as well!!!!!!!!  You really never know for sure lol.  In the words of the Grey's Anatomy Theme Song "Nobody knows where we might end up.  Nobody knows."  LOL!!!  Smiley

My granddad is a big CW fan (thanks to me lol) and he keeps saying how he'd love to see all the girls come together for a DVD/CD!!!

OMG and could you imagine the CD that would come with this?!  It would be a box set and it would be soooo cool to have the re-recordings to hear how different they sound from the originals!!!

Okay I'm done babbling lol.

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 01:25PM »

I would love to sign...If my parents say yes, I definitely will! Smiley

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 01:40PM »

Ok, here's my reply to all four points.
1. Who-Definitely needs all CW members past present and future!
2. Where-Ireland...where else?
3. Dresses- I actually don't care so much about this point. Whoever's been making them has been doing a good job and will probably continue doing a good job.
4. I think it would be cool to do a 2 night concert. My idea is probably not easy to pull off, but I still think it would be cool. The first night would be songs that fans have voted for. Basically it would start off with all the girls singing the group song that got the most votes and end with the group song that got the second most votes. Then each girl would perform the solo that got the most votes (for example, I would vote for Méav to sing Dulaman, Chloë to sing When you Believe, Orla to sing Siuil a Ruin, and so forth). And finally the top voted song from each cd would be performed by the girls who performed it on the cd.
The second night they would perform the songs that the CW members (ENTIRE cast included) vote for as their favorites off of each cd and each girl would sing her favorite solo (with the same start and finish idea as the first night).
Does that make sense? I know it would make for 2 long nights, but I think most of us would think it's worth it.
And of course, I thihnk it would have to be filmed and recorded, etc. LIVE!
I know all this is a really far-fetched idea, but I'd still like to see it happen...

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: