Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My First Meeting With Orla!  (Read 5256 times)
Angie
Honorary Roadie

« on: April 03, 2011, 12:45PM »

I just couldn't believe my luck!  I had ordered tickets for Orla's concert in October, at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California, months ago, and was looking forward to it excitedly for all this time - I ordered almost a year in advance, and I ordered through KCET, our local PBS station.  Then last week I received a phone call from KCET inviting me to attend a LIVE taping in Hollywood, and to be a member of the audience with a guest!  The STAR?  ORLA FALLON!
     Of course I said yes!  I was thrilled!  They invited us into a lounge area and offered us hor'duerves and drinks - it was lovely, and as we sat waiting we watched a presentation of Orla's concert "MY Land" on the large screen behind a stage area.  They told us to relax and enjoy the food while we waited to be taken into the sound stage area where our taping would take place.
     I have attended a Celtic Woman concert only once, about 4 or 5 years ago in Palm Dessert, Ca. and enjoyed the forum ever since, but haven't met any of the girls before, I didn't know what a meet and greet was at that first concert, and I don't remember that one was even offered at the time.  I was now SOOOOO excited at the prospect of finally seeing ORLA live, and to be so close - I couldn't believe it.  I have also read so many accounts from other members of their wonderful experiences meeting Orla and others of the girls, and I was so THRILLED for them, but also envious, and wishing I could meet them, especially Orla, whom I love so much.
     My husband, Dave and I were enjoying the tape, and getting to know some of the other people there, when IN MID BITE, (my little brownie dessert), we heard a lovely lilting voice from behind us saying, "Hello everyone"  -  I didn't need to look to see who it was  -  it was ORLA, right there in the room with us!  I did look round of course, and there she was, RADIANT in a eucalyptus green sleeveless dress with crushed velvet top, beautiful glittery shoes to match, and that "glowing crown" of copper-coloured hair!  Her make-up, minimal but flawless, as she made the rounds around the room to EVERYONE!
     I wore my C.W button on my jacket and had made a name-tag with "ANGIE" written on it - just in case she may be aware of me from the forum.  She spotted me, and I know I WAS GLOWING LIKE I JUST CAME OUT OF THE NUCLEAR MEDICINE DEPARTMENT!  We talked about the forum, and who I knew, she asked me if I knew LA GIRL, but referred to her by her actual name which I didn't recognize, then said it was LA GIRL, who of course I did know then.  She talked about the concert in Salt Lake City and about Kelli and others who were there, and I mentioned that I had tickets for Malibu in October and couldn't wait!  Then she asked me if I had brought a camera.  No one had taken photos at this point, and I said YES!  She went on to say, "then let's take some pictures".  I WAS IN HEAVEN! 
     We took several pictures, then of course others came forward to take photos too.  Orla was SO GRACIOUS.  Here she was in a room full of strangers, and she has to do this on so many occasions, but she culdn't have been more wonderful if she had known us all her life!  She was kind, and attentive to us all - even catereing to our every whim.  The first photo was full-length, and when i saw it I said, "DAVE!  Why didn't you tell me to hold my tummy in?"  Then the next one, my glasses were GLARING, I said "Let me take my glasses off".  Orla was so caring, she allowed me to keep taking them until we got a decent one!  SHE IS ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS! 
     I had wanted her to sign some of my Orla music and dvd's, and she had told me she would, but had been so busy with others of course, and finally was shuttled away to get ready for the taping, so I really didn't think it would happen.  I thought, that is O.K. I will take them to the concert in Oct. where I have a M&G ticket, she will do them then.  After the taping we all went out to our cars which were parked in a parking structure, and as we approached our car, I saw a small crowd gathered arount it - I thought what's wrong with our car?  Then as we got closer we could see that Orla's car was parked next to ours!  She was taken there by her manager I guess, and they had a beautiful white Mustang, parked next to our little Toyota Rav4 - and the crowd was for Orla of course! She saw me walking up and indicated that she would now sign my things.  What a thrill!  Afterwards we hugged, and I told her I loved her very much, and to not ever forget it, she said she wouldn't.  She told me she loved my jacket, and that I smelled wonderful!  (Bath and Body Works, Japanese Cherry Blossom).  I was dancing on air, and hearing Orla and Harry in my head for days! 
     I just wanted you all to share with me in this wonderful experience, I am so grateful for this opportunity to finally come to me, and I will post a photo as soon as I possibly can.  THANK YOU SO MUCH ORLA, you are a rare and fine jewel, and again, "I LOVE YOU DEARLY."   

Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 12:55PM »

Wow sounds like you had a really great time! And her car parked next to yours. That's cool! Smiley
Thanks for sharing with us! Smiley

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 01:32PM »

Oh wow!! What a night!!

L.A. Girl

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 01:53PM »

Angie,

That was so kind of Orla to ask about me. I also met her at KCET but in November 2010; that was one of the happiest days of my life! Orla is such a kind, loving person. I pledged to KCET a long time ago for the Pepperdine concert as well, but they didn't call me!!!  I'm so glad that you were able to attend. I'm looking forward to meeting you @ the Pepperdine Concert.

Dianne Smiley
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 02:13PM »

Wow!!  What a wonderful experience!  Orlagh is absolutely amazing. Smiley  Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
paladin

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 03:07PM »

Fantastic
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 04:50PM »

That's fantastic, Angie! I pledged through KCET as well, but they didn't call me. But I'm glad someone on here was able to go! Órla is just the sweetest person you'll ever meet, isn't she? And that she remembered to sign your CDs sounds just like something Órla would do. If you enjoyed the short performances she did in the studio, then you're going to love seeing an entire Órla concert! She is amazing! Looking forward to meeting you in October!
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 06:43PM »

I wondered if you were still around!

I'm so glad one more person has discovered we aren't exaggerating in the slightest about how wondrous Orlagh is! Grin Cheesy

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
greenfire6
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 10:33PM »

Wow! Wonderful narrative Angie! Órla's "goodness" documented again. Thank you for sharing your special experience ...impatiently waiting for some pictures. LOL! Cheesy

Hold on to your memories of meeting Órla thru the looming long, hot summer. You are in for a night of goosebumps when Órla and her band-mates take the stage at Pepperdine U in October! Wink
celticartzyangel
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 04:01PM »

Can I just say I squealed out loud while reading this???  Grin (It's good nobody else is home!  Tongue)
Thanks so much for sharing! Smiley Orla's absolutely fantastic and I'm glad you had such a good time!! She's so sweet  Cheesy
And I'm on the edge of my seat here hoping for some pictures!!! Wink
Angie
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 08:23PM »

Thanks everyone - glad you liked it.  I have to have my son-in-law help me with photo's - I am completely inept at that.  I will as soon as I can.  Mikey, and LA Girl, I can't wait 'til October, to see the concert and to meet you both.  Yes, Kelli, I am still around - just been very busy over the last several months, writing my LIFE STORY, LOL - realy, for my children and grand-children.  Kelli - Orla sure was thrilled to to see you in SLC.  Isn't she fabulous?   Smiley

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 09:29PM »

writing my LIFE STORY, LOL - realy, for my children and grand-children. 

Cool!

Isn't she fabulous?   Smiley

Without a doubt!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
SusanZ
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 01:21PM »

Another Orla testimonial!! Thanks for posting about your special night,Angie.

I am so glad you finally got to meet Orla in person and witness for yourself just how special she is. I know I am EXTREMELY biased, but I just love that woman to bits!! Grin Grin

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
bpea55

Orlagh, So happy for you, Mom to be! WOO HOO!!!

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 07:50PM »

YAY!!!!!!!!!
More "Still Smilin Club" members...1,000,000 here we come!!!
Bp

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

"While we seek Myrth and Beauty and Music light and gay, there are frail forms waiting at the door.....though their voices are silent, their pleading lips will say,
"Oh, Hard times, come again no more..."
Thanks so much Orlagh!
I will always remember...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: