Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Tour Dates  (Read 41483 times)
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2011, 10:39PM »

Ok guys, there is a LOT of backseat moding and speculation going on in this thread, both of which are against the forum's guidelines. Until CW Ltd. says something official, the best thing to do is wait. Any further posts that violate forum policy will be deleted.

aislin
Breno

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2011, 04:51AM »

Ok, let's comment just what is posted on the official website. Nothing more than that.
Bluefire
Total Fanatic

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2011, 06:28AM »

G'morning folks.
Scott sent a series of tweets saying the UK tour was postponed (but not cancelled!) because it caused a schedule conflict with the Atlanta taping.  They are working to announce the new dates as soon as possible.

http://twitter.com/#!/porterscott

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!
Gerard

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2011, 06:38AM »

Ticketmaster doesn't list the London concert as cancelled. Anyway, given that I've already made all the planning for that week-end, I'm still going. After all, I also have tickets for South Pacific and Wicked, and I'm waiting for my ticket for the Doctor Who Experience at the Dome, so it won't be such a loss to me. And if it's not cancelled, I can still go to the Paris concert, even though I won't really be at my best the following morning at work.
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 06:59AM »

Scott's message on Twitter :

" Celtic Woman to postpone their UK Tour Dates in September 2011. As CW are 2 film a new show for TV DVD CD release this September in the USA their previously booked UK Shows will be postponed until 2012. CW European, Japan and Symphony Tours are all going ahead full steam. UK is only territory affected due to schedule conflicts. For those who have already purchased tickets please contact their point of sale for refund information "

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gerard

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2011, 10:36AM »

I just received the confirmation from SeeTickets. Here goes:

"Dear MR. GERARD MORVAN

We're writing to you regarding your order for CELTIC WOMAN at
Theatre Royal Drury Lane, London on 20/09/2011.

As Celtic Woman are now confirmed to film and record their brand new show for
TV, DVD and CD release this September in the USA, their previously booked UK
Shows will now have to be postponed until 2012.

We apologise most sincerely to all our UK fans and are actively working with
our partner SJM Concerts to announce the rescheduled shows as soon as possible

A face value refund will be credited to the card used to make the booking. If
you have received the tickets, please return these along with a copy of
this E-mail to See Tickets,Customer Services, 4th Floor, Norfolk House, 47
Upper Parliament Street, Nottingham NG1 2AB.

Kind regards

See Tickets Customer Services"

Ah, well, I'll always have Paris Wink

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2011, 11:11AM »

See you in Paris ! Grin

Colin

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2011, 11:56AM »

I dont suppose these comments will go down well on this forum but here goes,
as someone who lives in England I for one am so angry at this decision to cancel
the UK tour, I am not sure that the reason given is a valid one anyway, people here
who I know are in the vast minority, have gone to the trouble to buy tickets and
make plans and in my case to say no to another show on the same day, and then
be told by the ticket agency that the tour is off because of the reason given, I
wonder what reason will be given when, no if they reschedule the tour, and I
am sure that no other artist would have done this, well those are my feelings,
and yes I love the girls but this is purely and simply not good enough, I wait with
trepidation for the hate mail replies from US fans.

Colin. Angry
Music Girl
Honorary Roadie

Do The Things You Love And You Will Live A Dream

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2011, 12:12PM »

as someone who lives in England I for one am so angry at this decision to cancel
the UK tour, I am not sure that the reason given is a valid one anyway, people here
who I know are in the vast minority, have gone to the trouble to buy tickets and
be told by the ticket agency that the tour is off because of the reason given, I
and yes I love the girls but this is purely and simply not good enough, I wait with

Colin. Angry

You have every right to say what you think.

Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2011, 02:12PM »

Colin. Angry

Well Colin, I can understand you, even though I wouldn't have been able to go to any UK shows anyway.
But it does seem a bit ridiculous and on top of that unfair for the UK fans, as the tour has already been cancelled once and the other European shows are still going to take place as planned.

The taping could have also been done at the end of August or so, in order to guarantee the UK shows...

Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2011, 02:35PM »

Yes Colin I understand you, it's completely unfair for all UK fans, if they have been done the taping at the end of August it would have been easier for everyone for me I think I could go because I have school in september and some American's fans have also said in reply for the taping : I couldn't go because I have school... Undecided

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2011, 02:58PM »

Colin. Angry
Well Colin, I just so happen to be a U.S fan, but I will not send you hatemail.  Why?  Because I understand your feelings completely; it must be frustrating and I agree that it is very unfair.  I won't be able to see the Atlanta filming and I haven't been able to see any shows for the past 2-3 years due to my finances and commitment to school.  I can only hope that things get sorted out for you and the other fans in the UK and that the show goes on in 2012. 
Spooky

Heaven must be missing angels

« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2011, 05:02PM »

Okay.

This may come off sounding like a 3 year-old tantrum. I don't care. I really don't.

The US have had these girls for the past 5 years. (Chloe even mentioned it in the SftH DVD!) All we brits want is just one tour. One fricken tour. We can't afford £1000's to fly to the US. I had the concert tickets booked, overnight hotel booked...

It's like Christmas being cancelled mid-December. All year, you are looking forward to that one day, that one fricken day, and it just gets pulled away for some dumb reason. Yeah, yeah. Say what you will about the DVD being good. I don't care. Right now, the filming of that DVD is what is between me and a CW concert, and it is the spawn of Satan.

Y'all Americans have a good time now, ya hear?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:55PM by Jason » Logged

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2011, 06:01PM »

Y'all Americans have a good time now, ya hear?

Mocking Southern accents isn't going to make the situation any better. Not all Americans talk that way, thanks.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Jason

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2011, 07:48PM »

Considering the tour is postponed and this thread is in a downward spiral, I'm locking it.

Please refer to the Forum Guidelines.

A new thread can be created when there's news.

To summarize:

The UK tour has been postponed until 2012 because it conflicted with the new show taping. Contact your point of sale for refund information.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 09:17PM by Jason » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: