Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Tour Dates  (Read 41481 times)
Maggie
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 02:19AM »

Completing our tour of CW's UK destinations.....

BIRMINGHAM:

Birmingham is the 2nd largest city in England.
It is probably the most culturally diverse, with many immigrant communities.
The Irish were among the first immigrants and there is still a large Irish community,
in addition to West Indian, Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi, etc.

I don't like big cities, and I hate driving into Birmingham...it's not for the faint-hearted.
If you ever consider visiting there from the USA, please use public transportation!
Strangely enough, the only big English City I am comfortable in is London, because I know it so well.

There is only one thing I LOVE about Birmingham......my nephew lives there, with his wife,
son, daughter, son-in-law, and his 5-year old grandson who is full of energy and mischief.
I love to visit them, and thankfully I don't have to drive into the City.
Just to make sure I don't get lost, my nephew meets me at an intersection and I follow his car.

The Symphony Hall is probably the most impressive venue on CW's UK Tour. It has the "WOW!" factor.
The acoustics are superb.

What you see in the photo below is the stage area of the Theatre, and the 6,000 pipes of the Symphony Organ.
I am sure David Downes will want to play this beast, which was designed and built by hand using traditional craftsmanship,
by Johannes Klais Orgelbau, a long-established family firm from Bonn that has an enviable worldwide reputation.
Details here:
http://www.thsh.co.uk/page/symphony-hall-birmingham/the-symphony-organ/

Looking towards the stage of the Symphony Hall:

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 04:12AM by Maggie » Logged
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 06:17AM »

Shocked Shocked
Wow that is impressive!

Spooky

Heaven must be missing angels

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 11:54AM »

Sweet Goddess... is that what the Birmingham venue looks like??? I may need to alter my dress choice a little. (Yes, I have already started planning what I will wear, 94 days in advance)
((Yes, I am already counting down the days.))
I just need to focus enough to finish my college work....

Jennifer
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 12:26PM »

That's a gorgeous venue!
Gerard

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 02:24AM »

Just a little question: On my ticket, it says: "Plus Special Guests". Any idea about who those "special guests" might be ?

Anyway, whoever they are, I'm sure we won't be disappointed.
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 02:25AM »

Just a little question: On my ticket, it says: "Plus Special Guests". Any idea about who those "special guests" might be ?

Maybe "Meet and Greet" Smiley

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 12:59PM »

Maybe "Meet and Greet" Smiley

Hm I don't hink that they're going to perform with other artits? I mean, it's still a SFTH show. I'm not sure myself. Possible that Scott Porter could give you an answer to your question via twitter... But if the "special guests" should be other artists then I doubt that he'll tell you.

Gerard

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 01:09AM »

Said "special guests" could be musicians instead of singers. It wouldn't be the first time. Remember that wonderful oboe player who partnered with Chloe on Nella Fantasia in the first DVD ? What was his name ?  Wink
Breno

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 01:21AM »

Said "special guests" could be musicians instead of singers. It wouldn't be the first time. Remember that wonderful oboe player who partnered with Chloe on Nella Fantasia in the first DVD ? What was his name ?  Wink

David Agnew. Yes, he is her father!
MaryNorth93
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 03:10AM »

Very interesting. Maybe are the special guests part of a promotion plan from CW in the UK. Or perhaps it's just a missprint. Or it's meant to be a Meet & Greet. I'm getting curious although I'm not going..  Cheesy
L.A. Girl

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 08:16PM »

Maybe it's The HIgh Kings. They opened for CW in Los Angeles a few years ago. You will be quite pleased it if is.

Dianne
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 04:05PM »

I heard that Utrecht Holland was sold out. So, I checked some of the other tour dates. It looks as if the UK tour has been canncelled according to gigsandtours.com which is the link for buying tickets on line. Anyone who might have bought tickets know anything -- might be just a computer mistake?

Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 07:21PM »

It does indeed show the UK tour dates cancelled: http://www.gigsandtours.com/gat/event.asp?artist=celtic woman&datefrom=&dateto=&n|artist=null&e|promoter=372&filler1=gigsandt&orderby=date

We'll have to await official confirmation from CW Ltd.  It might just be "cancelled" as to gigsandtours as the promoter.  Then too, CW may have found they need the time for post-filming production work to get DVD/CD out and distributed in time for the PBS stations which will be clamoring for them. Undecided

Breno

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 08:34PM »

Read this:
http://www.thsh.co.uk/view/celtic-woman-19-09-2011
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:36PM by Breno » Logged
aNDy
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2011, 08:52PM »

Ouch! That's very unfortunate... Undecided
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: