Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think that we should start a Celtic Woman project on Wikipeida...  (Read 8490 times)
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 10:13AM »

The Celtic Woman Wiki already exists; all WE need to do is contribute to it. This is its URL:
http://celticwoman.wikia.com/wiki/Celtic_Woman_Wiki

And for every one of us, here, who try to contribute to the Wiki page, there are bunches more people, who don't care if their information is correct, some who intentionally want to spread rumors and lies, and all the people who have already been fooled into believing that those people, or the ones with fake profiles on Social Messaging sites are telling the truth.  Every one of these people can go in and say what they want, and can change anything we put there.

That is why I believe it is not worth the effort to worry about these Wikipedia pages, especially since Celtic Woman LTD doesn't worry about them either.  We already have sources of good, reliable information available, and anyone who is truly interested in finding out about the girls can access the same information.  The girls simply do not need to depend on a Wikipedia page when the site is not reliable.

As I said before, you certainly have the right to try to keep up with that page, and to put in the effort to monitor and correct it.  I wish you luck on doing so, if that's your choice.  I guess my thing is that it gets a little bit old to keep hearing people say "we should do this, somebody get on it" but they don't want to be the ones putting in the work. 
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 11:33AM »

The Celtic Woman Wiki already exists; all WE need to do is contribute to it. This is its URL:
http://celticwoman.wikia.com/wiki/Celtic_Woman_Wiki

And for every one of us, here, who try to contribute to the Wiki page, there are bunches more people, who don't care if their information is correct, some who intentionally want to spread rumors and lies, and all the people who have already been fooled into believing that those people, or the ones with fake profiles on Social Messaging sites are telling the truth.  Every one of these people can go in and say what they want, and can change anything we put there.

That is why I believe it is not worth the effort to worry about these Wikipedia pages, especially since Celtic Woman LTD doesn't worry about them either.  We already have sources of good, reliable information available, and anyone who is truly interested in finding out about the girls can access the same information.  The girls simply do not need to depend on a Wikipedia page when the site is not reliable.

As I said before, you certainly have the right to try to keep up with that page, and to put in the effort to monitor and correct it.  I wish you luck on doing so, if that's your choice.  I guess my thing is that it gets a little bit old to keep hearing people say "we should do this, somebody get on it" but they don't want to be the ones putting in the work. 
I completely agree.... There are plenty of other places online to find out info about Celtic Woman and the girls.  Although, if people want to do this... it is their choice, like you said, but to me... it's just too much work and would take up too much time... especially when there are other places to find the information.

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 01:49PM »

I know this is over a year old, but as I am an avid Wikipedia Editor (Nearly 2k edits to my handle over the last 5 to 6 years), I've taken it upon myself to try to make the Celtic Woman Wikipedia pages better.

Registering a Wikipedia Account only takes a minute or two, or if you prefer, the CW Wikipedia articles are free to edit for anyone with a internet connection, however, your IP address will be in the edit history, accessible by all.
Unlike some Wikipedia articles, the ones regarding our Celtic Cuties are not protected.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!
CompTIA A+ certified, Long time Apple product user.

Banner by Kirstie. Thanks! Smiley
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2012, 06:47AM »

I looked at the link I clicked on and I'm trying to add a photo of my Irish Chloë, but my computer doesn't work to publish it. Sad

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2012, 11:06AM »

I looked at the link I clicked on and I'm trying to add a photo of my Irish Chloë, but my computer doesn't work to publish it. Sad

Send me the link to the page you were editing and the file you were trying to publish to Wikipedia and I'll see what I can do. Wink

Sadly, Wikipedia is very strict about uploading photos and content (there almost needs to be a source for everything, not including common sense) , and they only allow you to put up files you've taken yourself, have permission to use (usually in written form) or that the use can be justified by "fair use" so include the origin of the file in your request.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 05:07PM »

Here it is. http://celticwoman.wikia.com/index.php?action=ajax&rs=WMU&method=uploadImage#

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 06:13PM »

Ok. You're trying to add a file not to WikiPEDIA, but the rather the Celtic Woman WikiA. That I can help also with, and yes, there is a big difference in governance, they're two totally different systems.

I'm sorry to say this but I still need a file to try to upload.

What you linked above is just a upload form, useless without a file. I see from the "#" at the end of the link, that you had uploaded a file and intended to link it above. It won't work because it uses AJAX, a common internet programming technique, and one that in some cases can be a pain in the ass, this being one of those instances.

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 01:30PM »

If I want to insert the same picture again, I think I'll have to use my mommy's laptop. Doesn't it count?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
urbanracer34
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 02:54PM »

It should work either way, regardless of which computer you use. If you can, use a flash drive/USB Memory Key to transfer the picture from your mom's laptop to your computer.

If you're trying to upload the picture to the CW WIkia, you should have no problems with where you got it from and permissions, but if you're going to upload it to Wikipedia, you're going to need to state where you got the picture and if you have permission to use it/claim it under fair use (in other words, use it in a way that is allowed by law). Wikipedia's rules, not mine. Sad

I'm Jerad. Smiley
CWazy since 2012!

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 05:02PM »

I did it! I've successfully inserted two pictures in that CW wiki! Grin

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: