Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Call is...Calling?  (Read 27693 times)
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

It's far beyond the stars...

« on: May 27, 2011, 11:58PM »

I really like this song...almost. See I tend not to like songs until I know what they are talking about and I'm not 100% sure what this one's about. So here are my questions:
1. Who is calling?
2. What is the call about?
3. Does anyone know what the composer had in mind when he (or she...I don't actually know who wrote this Roll Eyes) was writing this?
Personally, I hear this and think it's God calling us to salvation, but is that what the composer was trying to say?
Any help answering these questions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Rachael

Ruth
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 05:08AM »

I really like this song...almost. See I tend not to like songs until I know what they are talking about and I'm not 100% sure what this one's about. So here are my questions:
1. Who is calling?
2. What is the call about?
3. Does anyone know what the composer had in mind when he (or she...I don't actually know who wrote this Roll Eyes) was writing this?
Personally, I hear this and think it's God calling us to salvation, but is that what the composer was trying to say?
Any help answering these questions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Rachael

For me is  THE CALL  a very special song, it was the opening Song in Powerscourt Garden at the Filming from the DVD Songs from the Heart. The Area in Powerscourt is so fascinating and breathtaking - I felt like they called us - come and see and enjoy the show with us.....Mairead's presence on the stage front before the song and the show started was like - are you ready for a special night with us, and are you prepared for an unforgetable moment in your life.....my thoughts are - something mystically calls me
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 05:26AM »

I've always thought of this song as a bond between CW and their fans. When a person is feeling low or having a hard time, they can turn to CW's music for comfort or maybe inspiration..."Open your heart I am calling you".  For CW, "When we have no voice to sing, then the Call is calling strong"....when they are on a long tour, missing family & friends & home, the fans are there to cheer them on, to raise their spirits, and to hopefully remind them of why they love to do what they do.

MaryNorth93
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 01:59PM »

I think it's one of those songs like The Voice, you can interpret them in more ways. Either God, CW to their fans or something spiritual. I personally don't really like it that much. The tune is beautiful but the lyrics are... mwah... perhaps I need to see it live.
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 09:50PM »

I think it's one of those songs like The Voice, you can interpret them in more ways. Either God, CW to their fans or something spiritual. I personally don't really like it that much. The tune is beautiful but the lyrics are... mwah... perhaps I need to see it live.
I agree. The Tune is awesome, but the words...are...as you say it, mwah  Smiley The first time I heard it was when I saw it live, but I was so shocked by the arm-flapping I was having a hard time listening to what they were actually saying.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 07:57PM »

I agree. The Tune is awesome, but the words...are...as you say it, mwah  Smiley The first time I heard it was when I saw it live, but I was so shocked by the arm-flapping I was having a hard time listening to what they were actually saying.

I disagree.  I think the lyrics are beautiful, and they have deep meaning to them.  I interpret the song as love calling.  For a long time, I've been trying to find the right man, trying to hear "The Call" from the right man.  I finally heard it a couple weeks ago.  He was calling me, and I found the answer when I answered to "The Call."

RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 08:43PM »

I disagree.  I think the lyrics are beautiful, and they have deep meaning to them.  I interpret the song as love calling.  For a long time, I've been trying to find the right man, trying to hear "The Call" from the right man.  I finally heard it a couple weeks ago.  He was calling me, and I found the answer when I answered to "The Call."
That one makes the most sense to me so far. I still prefer to think of it as God calling us, but that one makes sense too!

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 08:47PM »

That one makes the most sense to me so far. I still prefer to think of it as God calling us, but that one makes sense too!

I love that interpretation too.  Smiley

hayleynibhaoleafh<3'scelticwoman!
Honorary Roadie

U can have my <3, if U don't mind broken things...

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 08:08PM »

To me it's about God calling us Smiley

Loooooove Hayley xxx
~~~~~~~Maybe it's not about the happy endings... maybe it's about the story...~~~~~~
Friend are angels ~*~ Cherish them
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 01:00AM »

To me it's about God calling us Smiley

I really love that interpretation.  Smiley

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 09:58AM »

I love the tune and the lyrics. This might sound kinda cheesy, but I feel almost as if I`m calling to the girls to answer the call from my heart to them to touch my life and fill a couple hours with their beauty, talent and music.

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 01:52PM »

Both the melody and the lyrics are quite beautiful.  These gorgeous Irish women are asking me to "open my heart " to them...OF COURSE I WILL....that's a no-brainer.  Cheesy I happen to like the choreography also.  My eyes are transfixed on the unearthly lovely Alexandria Sharpe as she and the others artistically wave their arms to the flow of the music. To me the arm waving is beautiful and beckoning and signifies a part of the calling.(A welcoming gesture). The song itself-as a whole- is like an invocation-(a Call to all of us to enjoy what these ladies have to offer the world. )These gorgeous "sirens of song"  are the Good Will Ambassadors to the world and they do so by gentle, attractive persuasion rather then by anything  raucous or forceful.  To me the lyrics, melody and choreography all work together to convey this lovely welcome!  Wink
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:54PM by JamesK.Parker » Logged

Lanti SF
Honorary Roadie

Proudly diagnosed Celtaholic!

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 06:18PM »

I'm not sure really what to say, but the Chinese translation of the title says "The Angel's Call"

Thanks Godshorsegirl!
Hubert
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2012, 12:04PM »

I didn't interpret it, just enjoyed it.  It was a powerful song to start the second act and get the audience ready to cheer.
The girls had a lot of fun with it.

There is no Lambe like our Lil' Lambe.  Mairead Carlin is the real deal.
RoAR
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 08:22AM »

I'm not sure really what to say, but the Chinese translation of the title says "The Angel's Call"
Now that's interesting...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: